Current Opinions of TMP

Welshie

Evening All!

Happy Tuesday, so as a long time player im always interested in the opinions of other users on the current state of tmp.

I personally struggle with TMP, I love the game and the premise of the mod but often disagree with the decisions of the TMP team when it comes to changes and additions to the mod, such as the new "featured zone" but I like to see things from others persepective.

So, with that said.

What are you guys opinions and thoughts on the current state of tmp

Do you like the direction the mod is going in? Are you seeing features you like being added? What could be improved? What should be removed if anything?

Please post your honest thoughts below, i'd be interested to see your thoughts!

To be honest I agree with @MOCKlNGBlRD with regarda to more GMs, I fully appreciate GMs have lives and are unpaid for this and this is no way slandering them, I just hope that they can open up for more soon so we can get more resources handling IG and Forum reports.
Intentional rule-breakers are often still quite active during off-peak hours causing chaos for long periods of time.

• Like 2
  • True Story 1

Hey there @Welshie

First of all thank you very much for creating thus topic as it is a current situation that should be discussed. 

Unfortunately, it's a community like any other, it has own rules their procedures etc. 

However, there are a few things I've been unhappy with lately, and I don't think it's just me.. I'm sorry, as I have and still do devote a lot of time to the TruckersMP community and the TMP staff knows me very well. Now I've come to realize that I'm actually unnecessary here.  😞 

I may be ruining myself the chance to be on TruckersMP staff now, but unfortunately I've run out of patience, I'm sorry, and no one will take my opinion away. As much as I like some of the team members, I have to share this.

I could start with the recruitment system for example, where I think a lot of things should be changed as a lot of people in the community get their applications rejected for almost nothing with some reason like - > Following on from your application, we did not gain a great sense of confidence and therefore are not happy to move forward (it's something like they do not care about your application, just throw it away in to sky. They're in the role of managers, they don't feel the feeling of those people trying, their stress and euphoria of getting on the team. They can do anything, they'll say no whenever they want. The other thing is, for example, some people take things too seriously, and then they make the situation unnecessarily tragic. It's just a game, and people just don't understand that instead of banning/warning people for something that actually helped the community but was against the rules, they will rather warn that guy instead of finding someone who's really breaking the rules. Over the years on this community, I've come to the conclusion that the Staff community doesn't need me, or I don't even need to try. What's very sad though is that what I mentioned on my profile is all true, it's not an attack against the community or an insult or anything. I didn't give up even when I got rejected, I said to myself, try another time... cause  I'd like to come back because being on the team is a great thing and I really enjoyed it, honestly.  A lot of people who would be seriously active are rejected, others who are really active are accepted. What's that? Is this fair, I'd say no, and a lot of people would agree with me. 

So what do I wish would change?
- The actions of some of the team members, their decision making, maybe they could be a little more professional at times when they try to look like that.
- to realise that every person who commits to help and is recognised that they could be the right person, give them a chance
- Adjust the ban system, I would say the ban system on TMP is too nice to players who break the rules
- To still be a great community as it is now.

Unfortunately nobody takes this to heart, so what I write here is actually useless. I've changed my mind about a lot of things in the community, although I still believed in something different. I could list a lot of other things, I think that's enough

All is being said from my heart! 

Sincerely,

RedWolf [CZ]

TruckersMP Veteran Driver | MCG Driver

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2
  • True Story 2
  • HaulieThumbsUp 2
  • Awesome! 1

RedNub I TruckersMP

(ETS2 - 6,250 hours)

795749874_role_VeteranV(1).png.660f7fd7e1531540532_role_5Patron(4).png.063edcf85

Reporting a player  | Appeal your ban  | Support System  | Recruitment

Mine are:

1. A good portion of the community only cares about CD.
  2. A small portion of them can't drive to save their lives.

1: The map is usually desolate everywhere else. You won't be seeing a constant flow of 200+ players in any of the different corners of the map.

After all, isn't the game about trucking and making deliveries? At what point did it become a Demo Derby race?

2: If they did actually try like they do IRL, the report system wouldn't always be in the high range. I can't remember the last time it was ever in the low range.

• Upvote 1
  • True Story 2

TruckersMP has shown what they want: "To have the majority happy". Too bad that the majority seems to be immature people who don't want to be bothered by rules, punishments, playing the game for what it's meant to be, etc. So this is what TMP decided: No more permanent bans for repeat offenders. No more permanent bans for evaders. Softer punishments. The majority can do as they please and those who report them are eventually limited to a non-working in-game reporting system so, effectively, the places where reports would be most needed have turned into "no-report zones".

Instead of a multiplayer ETS2, TruckersMP has become a Calais/Duisburg "Idiots on the road" permanent compilation. You don't want to be a part of that, feel free to play alone on empty roads. Or leave.

So I stopped struggling and left. I've always liked the games (ETS2/ATS), but TruckersMP has turned into something that has nothing to do with them.

• Upvote 6

TruckersMP officially supports reckless driving behavior since the softening of their rules.

TruckersMP has turned into CalaisDuisburgMP, with their continuous and solely focus on the development of the already populated area in and around Calais and Duisburg. They continue to ignore to develeop and implement solutions to improve the deserted areas, which estimated represents over 90 percent of the Europe map.

Fans of simulation and realism who want to make their voices heard are attacked, ignored, sent away or put off indefinitely.

I'll come back once the team has become more mature and starts to consider the interest of their whole community.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1
  • HaulieThumbsUp 1

TruckersMP like every other game is not perfect. Of course there is always room for improvement for both TruckersMP and the community. 

Firstly for TruckersMP, put more game moderators in the game during peak periods of the day to ensure drivers are driving safe so as to not create a bad habits from drivers which I believe would make the community more "friendlier". If there isnt enough moderators, TruckersMP might want to relax some of its requirements without compromising new trainees.  Secondly, for new people or new accounts joining the game, maybe TMP could restrict them to limited servers like Sim 2, Arcade or less used servers for a week for them to get use to the rules. Other games also have similar rules to let new players learn before allowing them to join the main servers. Although this might not guarantee good behavior, it would definitely encourage better behavioral. 

I believe that players making video compilations on social media site is fine as that would certain attract to who are new to truck simulation curious making them wanting to play the game. This idea is like a double edged sword. Other games eg. Valorant, CS:GO, etc has such cringe content that people would watch it  be it you like or you hate it. 

That being said, I believe TruckersMP is constantly innovating to make players enjoy the game, us players need to understand the work that has been put in.     

• Awesome! 1

10 hours ago, blabberbeak said:

TruckersMP officially supports reckless driving behavior since the softening of their rules.

TruckersMP has turned into CalaisDuisburgMP, with their continuous and solely focus on the development of the already populated area in and around Calais and Duisburg. They continue to ignore to develeop and implement solutions to improve the deserted areas, which estimated represents over 90 percent of the Europe map.

Fans of simulation and realism who want to make their voices heard are attacked, ignored, sent away or put off indefinitely.

I'll come back once the team has become more mature and starts to consider the interest of their whole community.

On 7/5/2023 at 12:22 AM, [MCG] RedWolf [CZ] ~ said:

Hey there @Welshie

First of all thank you very much for creating thus topic as it is a current situation that should be discussed. 

Unfortunately, it's a community like any other, it has own rules their procedures etc. 

However, there are a few things I've been unhappy with lately, and I don't think it's just me.. I'm sorry, as I have and still do devote a lot of time to the TruckersMP community and the TMP staff knows me very well. Now I've come to realize that I'm actually unnecessary here.  😞 

I may be ruining myself the chance to be on TruckersMP staff now, but unfortunately I've run out of patience, I'm sorry, and no one will take my opinion away. As much as I like some of the team members, I have to share this.

I could start with the recruitment system for example, where I think a lot of things should be changed as a lot of people in the community get their applications rejected for almost nothing with some reason like - > Following on from your application, we did not gain a great sense of confidence and therefore are not happy to move forward (it's something like they do not care about your application, just throw it away in to sky. They're in the role of managers, they don't feel the feeling of those people trying, their stress and euphoria of getting on the team. They can do anything, they'll say no whenever they want. The other thing is, for example, some people take things too seriously, and then they make the situation unnecessarily tragic. It's just a game, and people just don't understand that instead of banning/warning people for something that actually helped the community but was against the rules, they will rather warn that guy instead of finding someone who's really breaking the rules. Over the years on this community, I've come to the conclusion that the Staff community doesn't need me, or I don't even need to try. What's very sad though is that what I mentioned on my profile is all true, it's not an attack against the community or an insult or anything. I didn't give up even when I got rejected, I said to myself, try another time... cause  I'd like to come back because being on the team is a great thing and I really enjoyed it, honestly.  A lot of people who would be seriously active are rejected, others who are really active are accepted. What's that? Is this fair, I'd say no, and a lot of people would agree with me. 

So what do I wish would change?
- The actions of some of the team members, their decision making, maybe they could be a little more professional at times when they try to look like that.
- to realise that every person who commits to help and is recognised that they could be the right person, give them a chance
- Adjust the ban system, I would say the ban system on TMP is too nice to players who break the rules
- To still be a great community as it is now.

Unfortunately nobody takes this to heart, so what I write here is actually useless. I've changed my mind about a lot of things in the community, although I still believed in something different. I could list a lot of other things, I think that's enough

All is being said from my heart! 

Sincerely,

RedWolf [CZ]

TruckersMP Veteran Driver | MCG Driver

Same refers to me man! 🙂 Hopefully they will change many things tho. 

• Like 1

RedNub I TruckersMP

(ETS2 - 6,250 hours)

795749874_role_VeteranV(1).png.660f7fd7e1531540532_role_5Patron(4).png.063edcf85

Thank you all for your comments! I really appreciate it, I’m seeing a lot of things that I’ve seen previously brought up.

Sadly a lot of these problems are engrained into the community at this point, trolling/ bad driving has always been an issue and it’s sucks for those of us who take ourselves somewhat seriously on the road.

There will always be calls for more GMs but sadly the staff team I feel is pretty cliquey and I feel somewhat insular, I think new staff members feel pressured into doing things to please their managers and higher ups which might not be the best thing for users. 

I’ve never hidden I have issues with TMP staff and particular staff members over the years but this I also feel has probably blacklisted me from even a chance of getting in, which to be honest is fine as I feel even if I did get in my job would be made difficult by those who dislike me.

I really do hope that the Staff team notice of topics like this, it gives you a finger on the pulse of what current issues are with the community 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2
  • True Story 1
  • Awesome! 1

26 minutes ago, Welshie said:

I really do hope that the Staff team notice of topics like this, it gives you a finger on the pulse of what current issues are with the community 

That's actually something I find really negative: I don't see much senior staff on the forums, adding some comments/reactions.

I don't expect them to enter long debates. But showing they care about people's topics and discussions would help everyone to move forward.

• Upvote 2
  • True Story 2

The Players are already There, the Gameplay is there. The Game need a new Title and the Players need these kind of Cars: battlecar.jpg.9601c02c797e5f4400bc68b212927724.jpg

13 minutes ago, Itchy Scratchballs said:

The Players are already There, the Gameplay is there. The Game need a new Title and the Players need these kind of Cars: battlecar.jpg.9601c02c797e5f4400bc68b212927724.jpg

If TMP would add that one, I'm sure it would be the most used 🤣

spacer.png

EDIT: actually it looks like there is already a mod for it 😆

spacer.png

https://download-ets2.com/18845-montro-111s-madmax-truck-trailer-142x-for-ets2.html

• Haha 2

No, I don't like where it's headed.

TruckerMP feels to me like any of those countless competitive multiplayer games where you get to taste plenty of all that usual bad stuff associated with them. As I'm not interested in those (I used to play some a long time ago) and like co-op/PvE stuff, I figured I'm actually in the wrong place and "resistance is futile"

Forums also seems mostly abandoned, with useless repeating topics popping up I can't be bothered replying to, and some particular sections, like the suggestion, seems to becompletely lacking management or any notice by relevant staff, so I stopped bothering with suggestions too.

Turns out this was my eighth and final year with TruckersMP, it's been singleplayer only last 3 moths, not ideal but thousand times better than traversing wastesteland of TruckersMP servers. 

• Upvote 3

7 hours ago, Zulnex said:

I've been here for a very long time and one of the reasons I stopped playing TMP is because of reckless drivers. Rules are simply not strict enough. Those who cause issues should be permanently banned without having any chance to come back to play ever again.

See this is exactly why a lot of long time players end up not playing as much, TMP are to focussed on player numbers instead of player retention.

The whole reason they unbanned a huge swath of players was so that they could bump player numbers up, which I still think is utterly disgusting that players with perma bans were allowed back, what kinds of message does that send?

Perma ban? Nah it’s only permanent until they drop in player numbers again, complete joke. Why follow rules when you can’t really get perma banned anymore 🤷‍♂️

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, Welshie said:

See this is exactly why a lot of long time players end up not playing as much, TMP are to focussed on player numbers instead of player retention.

The whole reason they unbanned a huge swath of players was so that they could bump player numbers up, which I still think is utterly disgusting that players with perma bans were allowed back, what kinds of message does that send?

Perma ban? Nah it’s only permanent until they drop in player numbers again, complete joke. Why follow rules when you can’t really get perma banned anymore 🤷‍♂️

I completely agree.

Softening the rules in combination with inviting back permanently banned players sends a crystal clear message:

misbehavior will be tolerated and rewarded !

Moreover, it's a resounding slap to the face of all those who play by the rules.

• True Story 2

On 7/6/2023 at 12:38 PM, Welshie said:

Thank you all for your comments! I really appreciate it, I’m seeing a lot of things that I’ve seen previously brought up.

Sadly a lot of these problems are engrained into the community at this point, trolling/ bad driving has always been an issue and it’s sucks for those of us who take ourselves somewhat seriously on the road.

There will always be calls for more GMs but sadly the staff team I feel is pretty cliquey and I feel somewhat insular, I think new staff members feel pressured into doing things to please their managers and higher ups which might not be the best thing for users. 

I’ve never hidden I have issues with TMP staff and particular staff members over the years but this I also feel has probably blacklisted me from even a chance of getting in, which to be honest is fine as I feel even if I did get in my job would be made difficult by those who dislike me.

Hai my friend and good evening from the Egypt! 

First of all, I also being appreciated I can see many of comments accomadete to your topic. Unfortunately, many of players have some issues / missunderstanding with Staff Members and they would like to change that but Upper Staff Team won't even thought someone would deserve it. 

Lastly, I really hope that some of Managers will leave the comment or they'll disscuss it in the team what they could improve in the future, and you can be sure there are many of things, I am able to list here: 

Some of listed things might be improved: 

- process of recruitment (replies, some requirements, etc) 

- process of feedbacks (there are always same answer(example you sent the feedback about some punishment, you are volunter to disscuss it with them, and they send you something like: Since you have been banned, we don't have chance to remove your ban, or something like that. My question is, do they want to disscuss your punishment which was given unnecessary (example) , or they just gave up with that? Thats the question, we can't answer to ourselfs. However, i'm a bit dissapointed with thus system, I understand there are many of different feedbacks but they have to be aware of since then they joined TruckersMP Team. 

- Game Moderation - in game -> like activity, more. -> Always when you meet some GM, or you create the topic here, someone will respond you GM's can't be active 24/7? Who wants to see this? Nobody, we just want to see their doing their job properly, with issuing correct bans etc. My opinion about that, if you joined the TruckersMP Team as GM you have to be ready for more activity than in another position. 

I understand it's hard work, I have never said anything else, but i'm sad about many of people I have known for a long time and they rejected applications for almost nothing. 

I think, it's enough for now, we can disscuss more in Private Message. 

To be said, I do appreciate your topic.

Have a good day

Kind Regards

RedWolf [CZ] 

TruckersMP Veteran Driver IV I MCG Driver 

RedNub I TruckersMP

(ETS2 - 6,250 hours)

1. Remove cars from Simulation servers (Euro TRUCK Simulator not Euro CAR Simulator) or if you’re to keep them, make them permanently collision free. I’m sick of these out of control morons ruining a drive because they want to cut in or drive in opposite direction then swerve to avoid opposing traffic
  2. Increase in game events more, or have more convoys. Advertise these more. Truck night anyone? Competitions? Prizes for winners?
  3. More/better perks for Patron subs.
  4. Dedicated C-D IGA team - this road has become even more of a shambles recently
  5. Increase amount of IGA staff 

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Hi everyone, for me TMP is over I don't see myself the way I am now. Where the TMP preferred the number there is quality of players with the end of the permanent ban. It is in plain sight what brought about the end of this rule. The abandonment of the team here in the forum the interaction with the players I even doubt if they will see our comments.   Regarding recruitment, as mentioned in the comments, a few simple words MAFIA, who join the team are friends and acquaintances, the rest is left out. By then belonging to a certain VTC. At this time, in order not to give too much attention, they put the profile in private. 😁😁

TMP this is not the way to go, I don't see myself with today's TMP. In this way the end of TMP is near. 

TruckersMP is getting boring and repetitive.

At the beginning, it was genuinely fun for me. I took it as if I was actually driving in traffic, especially since I got my first steering wheel to play with. 

I really wish I get to experience that again, because unfortunately, that feeling wasn’t going to stay for any longer. With the entire map, it’s completely empty and you only see players coming from the opposite way and so on. The only way you'll not get bored too easy is just to hop on the C-D road, watch the chaos, get bored afterwards and quit the game. This method got so repetitive for me to the point where I know how to drive from Zürich to Calais by heart. Every time I mount the steering wheel, I believe that I’m gonna have fun but I quit the game in disappointment in like 30 minutes or so.

Also, I always worry about being banned for small mistakes that I drive like a genuine NPC and hurry things up way too quickly. I even start to sweat in high populated areas.
And of course there are rule breakers that will just ruin your experience as their only source of entertainment. 
However, the events are fun to participate in, convoying with your friends can be fun too, but very unfortunately, I don’t have any friends that are interested in this game (well, one, but he isn’t on TMP).

I like TMP and the idea of a massive multiplayer mod in ETS2, but with factors like players being on C-D only and nowhere else on the map, I'm afraid that the playerbase could decrease overtime soon.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello! 

Been using the TMP mod for seven years, it's an amazing and giant community with its five million players. I also believe that the team should invest in more events and bring new projects to be implemented in the mod, I never had problems with the team in general, but I believe that they should open recruitment for game moderators, we know that the demand of the server is high and at peak times the trolls shoot on the server, making the game moderators work double. However, it is something that can be done in the future, finally, I have nothing to complain about the community and its team, I hope they continue to go the right way, in fact it is a very popular mod.

Previous classification.: imagem%5D

Idiomas: Português e Inglês | Discórdia: _amexz_

Bem-vindo e boa condução! 🚚🚧