Speed limit by levels

GT4tube

Suggestion Name: Speed limit by levels
Suggestion Description: Speed limit by levels and experience.
Any example images: no
Why should it be added?: Add speed limiter by levels:

A:
Level 1 to 20 ---> limited speed in 90 km/h (for noobs,useless and dangerous drivers)
Level 21 to 30 ----> limited speed in 120km/h (gaining experience)

Level 31 to 49 -----> limited speed in 140km/h (legend drivers)
Level +50 ----> free speed (expert drivers)

B:

Level 1 to 20 ---> limited speed in 90 km/h (for noobs,useless and dangerous drivers)
Level 21 to 30 ----> limited speed in 110km/h (gaining experience)

Level 31 to 44 -----> limited speed in 130km/h (legend drivers)
Level +45 ----> limited speed in 150km/h (expert drivers)

C:

Level 21 to 30 ----> limited speed in 100km/h (gaining experience)

Level 31 to 44 -----> limited speed in 120km/h (legend drivers)
Level +45 ----> limited speed in 140km/h (expert drivers)

This better an idea?!.

Please support!

If no, will leave ETS2-MP.

What if newbies use Cheat Engine and upgrade to higher levels?

Yes, this is good idea, but we have to used different method to identify who is expert and who isn't.

Like using Playing time record.

Just for the idea, +1

On beta the account will be server side no more cheating i will give it a -1 because i fast on singleplayer and then crash  first i agree but i change my mind and speedlimiter is there for reason like in realife europe 

Edited by FlashyLights
  • Upvote 1

What if newbies use Cheat Engine and upgrade to higher levels?

Yes, this is good idea, but we have to used different method to identify who is expert and who isn't.

Like using Playing time record.

Just for the idea, +1

Honestly, I think you should remove the speed limit. And let the strictest rules in giving 30 days of ban users who abuse the speed and cause accidents.

Also should be banned all users who intentionally block. Banned permanently and without appeal.  <_<

That's my opinion, has been proven to cause accidents that the game is 99% intentional.

Claymaster T-REX

No, simply no!.

ETS2 is *NOT* a race simulator. Maybe instead of choosing 750HP engine, why don't you play with a 410HP engine. 

You want to speed: go to the #EU2 server..

As long as people have problems following the rules (have you even watch the in-game chat), it's simply not responsible to drive faster and the international speed limit is 80. 

As EP/Harwich is the most crowded place in ETS2MP, let's take a look at those (real world) speed limits:

Netherlands: Highway & secondary roads: 80kph.

For the UK it's a bit more complex as your maximum speed is determined why the type or road you're driving on and the maximum speed for cars. The highest speed sign in the UK is the 60mph sign. However if you're truck and cargo (total combination) is over 7.5t, you're are only allowed 50mph (80kph). On single lane secondary roads with a 60mph sign, you're even allowed only 40mph (64kph).

France is actually one of the few countries where you can drive 90kph provided that you don't haul dangerous goods, however most heavy goods vehicles over 7.5 tonnes are banned from the French road and motorway network  every weekend between the hours of 10 p.m Saturday and 10 p.m Sunday.  There are exceptions for trucks carrying perishable produce or refrigerated produce, trucks servicing sporting events or trade fairs, and a few other cases.

Besides, even while the speed limit topic get keeping posted every few weeks, the answer stays the same. Not only is the speed limit in the game based on the highest truck speed limit in Europe, it's also there because some people have very laggy internet connections and therefor driving at a higher speed causes more problems.

510 Horses and one lucky bird at work

Simulators: Prepar3d V4, X-Plane 11, DCS 1.5 + 2.x, ETS2, ATS, Farming Simulator 17, Omsi 1 + 2

System: Intel i7-6700K @ 4700Mhz, 32GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance LPX, GTX970,  HP LP2475w monitor (1920x1200)
Devices: Logitech G27, SKRS Shifter, CH Products Throttle Quadrant, Trustmaster Hotas Joystick, TrackIR
Storage: 2 x SM961 - 250GB (raid 0), Samsung 850 pro 1TB disk, Samsung 850 EVO 2TB disk.

Like I stated in my previous post, the speed limiter is a reoccurring topic. So, the last couple of hours I started thinking how we can increase the speed limit for drivers that have proven they can handle their truck and their surroundings (environment, other truckers/traffic, etc).

First, the default speed limiter remains 90. For every 1000 km you drive without *ANY* damage the speed limit is raised with 2kph. If you do get any damage, the speed limiter is set back at 90. Note that it doesn't matter if the accident was you fault or not, anticipation in traffic is very important - look ahead and keep your distance!)  If the speed limit is 90 when you taken some damage, the speed limit is decreased by 2kph. The lower limit should be 76kph and the upper limit 110kph. Servicing your truck or buy any modification part and the speed limit is set back at 90 again, except when the speed limiter is set lower than 90.

Driving your truck in single player mode or offline mode (server full) causes also a reset of the speed limiter. Also driving on the #eu2 server causes a limiter reset. Simply put, don't drive your mp truck if you're not connected.

In short: If you want your speed limiter raised to 110kph, you need to drive 20,000 km without any damage. 

This kind of sophisticated speed limiter does require some (extensive) changes in both the client- and server code, but using a schema like this is be the only viable way to increase the speed limit for truckers that drive safely.

510 Horses and one lucky bird at work

Simulators: Prepar3d V4, X-Plane 11, DCS 1.5 + 2.x, ETS2, ATS, Farming Simulator 17, Omsi 1 + 2

System: Intel i7-6700K @ 4700Mhz, 32GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance LPX, GTX970,  HP LP2475w monitor (1920x1200)
Devices: Logitech G27, SKRS Shifter, CH Products Throttle Quadrant, Trustmaster Hotas Joystick, TrackIR
Storage: 2 x SM961 - 250GB (raid 0), Samsung 850 pro 1TB disk, Samsung 850 EVO 2TB disk.

Honestly, I think you should remove the speed limit. And let the strictest rules in giving 30 days of ban users who abuse the speed and cause accidents.

Also should be banned all users who intentionally block. Banned permanently and without appeal.  <_<

That's my opinion, has been proven to cause accidents that the game is 99% intentional.

The limiter is there for an obvious reason. If you abuse the speed (Which I know people DEFINITELY will) you might crash someone, regardless if it's ramming or accidental. The cost of repairs for you and that person will be skyrocketed, and some times may cost more than an average truck. For those who enjoy playing in MP legitimately (Without using cheats for money), it will send them into the negatives. What's the fun of that? I bet they would just quit, and so would many other players who use cheats. It will turn the multiplayer into a ghost town. EU1 would be like the US server all over again.

Levels don't mean anything either, children could play for years and not learn a lesson on cautious driving. Even when they are level 50+, they could still be children. Think about what MP would be like if children are driving at 165km/h on country roads causing mayhem. In my opinion, the limiter stays, regardless of the level. 

Happy Trucking! :)

Proud member of BLACKOUT TRUCKING. Join us now !

41.png

You get accidents no matter how fast you go,its strange why if there is no traffic around why can you not go faster? UK motorways are 70 mph not 60 :P it is 60 mph on all roads except for built up areas,speed limiter is for children witch i do think it should either be raised or turned off, You try driving on motorways doing 70 mph? it is so real,not dangerous,hit speed camera,auto kick,why? it will keep you alert not to break speed limits where positioned,kicked not banned

Things That Make You Go Hmmmmmdff40m.png

The limiter is there for an obvious reason. If you abuse the speed (Which I know people DEFINITELY will) you might crash someone, regardless if it's ramming or accidental. The cost of repairs for you and that person will be skyrocketed, and some times may cost more than an average truck. For those who enjoy playing in MP legitimately (Without using cheats for money), it will send them into the negatives. What's the fun of that? I bet they would just quit, and so would many other players who use cheats. It will turn the multiplayer into a ghost town. EU1 would be like the US server all over again.

Levels don't mean anything either, children could play for years and not learn a lesson on cautious driving. Even when they are level 50+, they could still be children. Think about what MP would be like if children are driving at 165km/h on country roads causing mayhem. In my opinion, the limiter stays, regardless of the level. 

"Accidents" will continue to occur even if limited to 30km.  <_<

Accidents will continue to occur even if limited to 30km.

The problem is not the speed but the lack of education and respect for users.  -_-

Claymaster T-REX

-1. I disagree. It's true you can be involved in an accident no matter your speed, It's happened to me lots of times. But it was almost always because the other drivers were overspeeding or not stopping when they should (traffic lights, stop/give way signs, companies/garages exits) or driving recklessly (and of course, rammers). I've been driving thousands of Km last days and had no accidents. The trick? Avoiding areas known to be "problematic" and sticking to the speed limits of the roads. Meaning that I'll go 90 only when the road allows that speed and I see safe to do so. Normally, I drive 70-80 Km/h unless my GPS tells me to go slower. That's realistic, in my opinion. And forget about the road signs saying  limit is 110 Km/h or 70 mph, those are meant for cars, not trucks. When driving on country roads, I drive 60-70 at most. If I find someone coming on  the wrong lane or badly overtaking me, I have usually the time and space to avoid the crash, precisely because of going "slow".

Just disallowing Speed Limiter posts would make this forum 1/2 the size it currently is.

It's been said 100 times over now, it's not going. 90 km/h is realistic. It is SIMULATION (seems to be a familiar word in a certain title maybe?). I'll point out an eye opening TV Series. Eddie Stobart trucking (RL, not the ETS VTC). All their trucks are limited to 90 km/h, even on the German Autobahn. Do they complain? Jokingly, sure. But they understand why its there.

The limiter is there, like it or not, and its simulation. It's also there to try and help limit the stupidity that can occur without the limiter on. There is a second server, one that has no limiter. If you want to have speed go there to EU 2. If you want to have simulation, which is the name of the game, stay with EU 1.

• Upvote 2

TruckersMP Retired Game Moderator

Most of replies Disagree with you, so probably will be REJECTED, and don't because your suggestion got rejected, if all members whose suggestion is rejected left, then, sorry but we will deal with young members.

Summery,

Suggestion rejected won't stop you from enjoying the game,

Q: if there were no mp mod, would you not buy the base game.

A: Don't think so!

Tag Line: Want to Have fun, join Trucking World at ETS2, ATS and TruckersMP.

Respected Member of the Arab Community and TMP
Former: Forum Moderator, Support Team & Game Moderator

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.