auto-ban for insulting

lt.wolverine

Suggestion Name: Auto-ban for insulting
Suggestion Description: If someone insults another player, he/she should be banned for 1h for insults. That will make players to think twice before insulting someone else on the server.
Any example images: Nope.
Why should it be added?:  Why Not? Who likes to be insulted while playing ETS2-Multiplayer?

1 minute ago, lt.wolverine said:

Why? Do you like to be insulted in public? Then enter the Europe 2 Server and I will test this with you! 

Come on! Be serious!

But they will use " fa*k, si*t " . 

Why you might ask? Well because of the simple fact if you can't handle being called an idiot etc, then should you really be on the Internet? Come on, people will get insulted on the Internet it's inevitable. Plus the occasional swear does slip as well. Now if the player keeps swearing over and over then it's on purpose. But with that being said, they would need to make an algorithm to cross check the chat AND voice chat to find swears and insults.... Which voice chat logs sometimes don't make sense. Have you ever turned on subtitles on YouTube, they don't work that well. If Google can't even get it right, then TruckersMP may also have issues. So you might end up with false bans on the voice side of things, but if voice gets untouched then everyone will insult with the voice chat bypassing the entire system anyway. 

My words of wisdom, if you get insulted don't take it personally. If you seriously did nothing wrong then you're being yelled at for the sake of being yelled at which shouldn't be taken personally. But let's say you cut someone off and cause them to crash, then don't you kinda deserve to be called an idiot, don't you? After all, you did cause the issue. Still in the long run, don't take it personally, it's the Internet. If you really don't want to be insulted for something like that then don't do it again :).

In the long run I don't see this getting added at all. They have a system in place, if you see someone insulting a user do /pinfo and then take a screenshot then report. If it's voice do the same thing but record it. But please don't report those players who call people idiots or just happen to slip a swear or 2, because then you're nitpicking for reports. 

DISCLAIMER: Not insulting anyone here, the word idiot has been used as an example not directed towards anyone. 

• Upvote 3

Yup, I definitely agree with Trucking Gekco, we're on the internet, so it's quite normal to see people insulting you for like everything. I don't agree with this suggestion but a deal could be censoring words, instead of banning people for 1hr, like instead of "fuck" the system could automatically censore it and write "f**k".

• Upvote 2

-1 No way, I don't agree with any form of auto bans what so ever, insults are so easy to report, all you have to do is type /pinfo take a screenshot of the insult and pinfo or get it from the chat logs or record if its a cb insult and report on the website. There is no need for an auto ban system at all, it will just cause alot of problems and make mistakes. We have a great team of admins that can ban for insulting without the need of an auto system and I'd much rather have admins actual people doing the banning then some automated system.

9b3f0e1f6c.jpg

22 minutes ago, Galeavia said:

Whenever I see someone on the chat insulting to people even for the smallest thing, I type their pinfo and took an SS. It takes like 30 seconds to report them, and they will get banned %100. The satisfaction that comes from that is really good. :D 

Even though, yes insulting is against the rules no denying that, but why report someone for saying the word "idiot".... Like come on, really? At least that is my assumption of what you mean by saying "even the smallest thing". What kind of satisfaction do you get from nitpicking for reports. I for sure wouldn't get any satisfaction from that, or at least no good satisfaction. Good job, you kinda just ruined someones day because they got mad at a player who cut them off and caused them to crash. The player who cut off the player deserves the ban, not the person who called them an idiot. I keep bringing up this example because this is the only time I ever see players being called idiots, when one person breaks a rule. Both on ATS and ETS 2 at peak times. 

Swearing is a different topic, if those are the players you report then whatever, but people will accidentally slip a swear it just happens. Going off of my entire post, I assume you don't insult people what so ever at all while you're in game. If you don't good on you, but if you do insult people in game, even if it's something small, you're being hypocritical here...... I'm not going to sit here and tell you how to report players, but seriously if you report those who call each other idiots in game then I assure you that you should rethink that decision. Does calling someone an "idiot" really harm them? IMO it doesn't, this is the Internet after all people getting insulted just happens, it's inevitable. 

25 minutes ago, Trucking Gekco said:

Even though, yes insulting is against the rules no denying that, but why report someone for saying the word "idiot".... Like come on, really? At least that is my assumption of what you mean by saying "even the smallest thing". What kind of satisfaction do you get from nitpicking for reports. I for sure wouldn't get any satisfaction from that, or at least no good satisfaction. Good job, you kinda just ruined someones day because they got mad at a player who cut them off and caused them to crash. The player who cut off the player deserves the ban, not the person who called them an idiot. I keep bringing up this example because this is the only time I ever see players being called idiots, when one person breaks a rule. Both on ATS and ETS 2 at peak times. 

Swearing is a different topic, if those are the players you report then whatever, but people will accidentally slip a swear it just happens. Going off of my entire post, I assume you don't insult people what so ever at all while you're in game. If you don't good on you, but if you do insult people in game, even if it's something small, you're being hypocritical here...... I'm not going to sit here and tell you how to report players, but seriously if you report those who call each other idiots in game then I assure you that you should rethink that decision. Does calling someone an "idiot" really harm them? IMO it doesn't, this is the Internet after all people getting insulted just happens, it's inevitable. 

That's what I'm thinking too. People get so butt hurt if someone calls them an "idiot." If someone calls me an "idiot," I don't get butt hurt. I was called that 3 times the other day and I don't get butt hurt because of it being not a big insult. Now if someone calls me an "a-hole," that's a different story depending on the situation  

Ride them cowboy... yee haaww

All you gotta do is be the bigger person and Shake It Off Taylor Swift-style! :D

If necessary, just report them, but the Internet is the Internet and the Internet is not going to change.

28 minutes ago, Trucking Gekco said:

I get your point, first of all I have never reported anyone for writing "idiot".

In any way, insult is an insult and rules are rules. I am a person that is very loyal to the rules, I hate when someone invades mine or other peoples' rights, I get the feeling that I have to do something about it. And when the justice is served, I am satisfied.

I also run into people that trolls me, cuts me off, blocks my way, some of these pisses me a lot too, but I never get the urge to swear in chat or even write "idiot". Because it doesn't result in anything at all. 

I am %90 of the time reporting people that are from my home country, because I can deduct exactly in what way they use their words. If there is an insult meant in a bad way even if it's small, I report it. That's what I meant when I said "even for the smallest thing" I hope I managed to explain myself.

• Upvote 2

CBVtAjW.png   76561198031787813.pngAddFriend.png

Auto-ban? No, there will be flaws in that system and it's just not going to work. I don't always report people swearing, but if that person for example drives recklessly or just constantly swears in the chat/CB, then that's a big no-no. I'm also a driver who is loyal to the rules as I want to keep my profile clean. I want to enjoy my ride and be the eyes of the road.

KkdaC1b.png

• 2 weeks later...

People have the freedom to speak whatever they like as long as what they said does not constitute to another person's well-being becoming decreased to a level that is not suitable for their individual welfare.

I think that if someone insults you on a server and causes you frustration or anger because of it then you have a valid report under public order, but if someone starts swearing at you in a fit of rage i think that discretion is more likely to be used.

In other words, to your suggestion.

An automatic ban for insulting is impossible in this sort of setting, the amount of false bans would be too large to see any sort of improvement in enjoyment of the game.

If you are insulted and it causes you distress, you can report manually with the appropriate evidence to give, the fact of manually going in and reporting an individual also shows that, that person has caused you distress or anger as so that your actual welfare has been effected, also manually reporting someone takes time and so this decreases false reports largely (in a theological perspective).

The rules do state however (in this circumstance) that swearing or using words that may be deemed 'inappropriate' to any player is not allowed but again discretion is plausible.

-- Mute option also available in the game.

Think about when you are involved in an accident, just say "idiot" come banned for yourself instead of him who committed the act of crashing against you?

I dont think that it should be a ban but rather a kick with a warning that swearing on the server isnt allowed and if you are caught swearing or using profanity or reported by another player with evidence you will be banned 

TruckerPilot

Report a player Rules - Staff recruitment - Feedback - Help - Bug Report - Suggestions

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.