American Truck Simulator , Peterbilt 389

On 13. 11. 2016 at 7:27 AM, DavidOC93 | Killua said:

It looks brilliant, especially with all those orange lights but like the Kenworth W900 I find it quite difficult to drive, I prefer the other (modern) Peterbuilt :) much easier to drive  :P

Yeah they are way to long and big :D:D , But for some reason Pete does not turn as well good as the Kenworth . I also wish they add more customization options for (oldschool) trucks .

On 13. 11. 2016 at 7:46 AM, MrNiceGuy1 said:

Just like all the truck models in ETS2 and ATS, the exterior and interior detailing are great but the truck sounds are still god awful.

Yeah they should work on that . Example T680 is way louder truck , I hope they actually make that the exhausts do change the sound . They should .

Runs good when not too modified . But when you add everything chrome it lags a little bit .

On 13. 11. 2016 at 10:05 AM, alietspower631 said:

AMAZING!!!!!
Beautiful appearance ، awesome sound ( Especially start engine) , high quality texture , running on low PC's with high fps
Although , I perfer W900 for Hard and challenging handling and TURBO SOUND :)

07420357391252148036.jpg

sorry for bad english

On 13. 11. 2016 at 10:43 AM, TruckBro said:

It's cool because of the extra tuning options, but I don't like old trucks that much. It's harder to drive because of the long "nose" and small windows. That's why I prefer the newer Peterbilt.

I think it will be easier to drive when the rescale gets here . For now roads are a bit too tight for that big machine .

On 13. 11. 2016 at 1:04 PM, RayRay5 said:

I must say the sound is a bit awkward, but the rest of it is pretty nice. Good handling, better handling than a KW W900, Nice design, paintjobs a upgrade slots

I would not agree on the better handling , but the design is nice and loooove the paintjobs . W900 and 389 one of my all time favorite trucks :D .

1 minute ago, alietspower631 said:

My truck is all chrome !
i'm not tested non-modified !!

For some reason my game laggs when there is alot of chrome on the Pete . Works fine for other trucks . And it laggs only in MP .

1 minute ago, alietspower631 said:

For me it is opposite !!

What you lag in SP but not in MP ?

I know my case does not make sense , when Im in SP its all normal , but on MP it lags like crazy . And no its not my connection I got 30msec ping .

2 minutes ago, alietspower631 said:

in sp is normal
in mp other trucks like W900 have some frame drop
but 389 have higher frame rate and no lag

Woah :lol: that is so weird .

35 minutes ago, IceRoadTruckerNL said:

I love that truck, I have tried to drive in it. It is hard because it is so long. But yeah, I love it :D 

Cant agree more .

@Trucking Gekco none of the lights on the back of the cab on any of the trucks work sadly i do wish SCS would make them work also heck even just do what quite a few modders do and tie them into the reverse lights so they come on when you shift into reverse it would help with the roadworks drop offs where there are no street lights

4i21k0-5.png

I figured that I'd take this time to share my video of the new Peterbilt 389 Truck for American Truck Simulator.

Personally I am really happy with the truck and think that it's well worth driving.

Any thoughts from anyone else?

MP Productions - Matt

YouTube Channel: http://bit.ly/2a4kQeM (Subscribe to support more content being uploaded)

Website: http://mattsphotos.com.au (My personal website, built by myself)

PlaysTV: http://plays.tv/u/mpproductions

^ Nice video regarding the peterbilt 389. @mattfleaydaly

Personally, I feel they did an outstanding job on the model work.

There's a few downers that I did not like with the actual truck itself.

- Sounds, the sounds are not from an actual peterbilt 389 model.

- Stacks, the stacks could of been a bit more to scale.

- Back steps, they could have added a option to remove the back steps.

With some slight modifications to the 389 with save edit.. I've put my ol' W900 sounds into my beautiful peterbilt 389.

Yes, a true peterbilt 389 does not sound like a W900 but, it's the best we have to work with.

- Chev.

Have a question? Feel free to message me.

Feedback | Rules | Support | News | Meet the Team

Archived