EU2 Free Roam

Hey_Wtf

Suggestion Name: No Damage
Suggestion Description: No damage inflicted either from crashing or hit by another vehical 
Any example images: N/A
Why should it be added?: It is common sense why trolls do what they do and why truck drivers get so angry "I never do" it is because the trolls know it will lose them money and will upset them too.

EU2 has no speed limit witch the majority of gamer's love because it is enjoyable driving at speed either with truck or with car,I wont speak about everyone but I only speed in my truck where the roads allow.

We could try for one full week with no damage just to see if everyone enjoys and the trolls calm down and to see if we have less frustrated truck drivers.

Today I had to drive through rotter dam,I pressed quick save at one point and had to press F7 4 times as to return to my original spot as I had been hit on side of truck,hit in the rear and I still got damage as I was waiting at a T junction for a convoy to pass before I actually went on my way,there was a car behind me hooting his horn and ramming into the back of me,it is fine as i never get angry,to me this is a game but if we had no damage I would have been even happier 

Edited by Candice

Things That Make You Go Hmmmmmdff40m.png

This would probably mean changes that TruckersMp cannot do in to the game. I'm fine with getting damage when someone crashes in to me. I know I can effect their driving later on with reporting them and getting them a ban. Also how much you get damage varies a lot. I often survive with just little damage so I find this useless. 

• Upvote 1

Ready to go!

6 minutes ago, MasterDimz said:

Erm, that is what No collision zone is for

No collision zone is where you can drive through trucks,I am talking about,not  to be able to drive trough trucks,i mean you do not get any damage on load or truck when you either crash or trolled

Edited by Candice

58 minutes ago, Candice said:

It is common sense why trolls do what they do and why truck drivers get so angry "I never do" it is because the trolls know it will lose them money and will upset them too

Today I had to drive through rotter dam,I pressed quick save at one point and had to press F7 4 times as to return to my original spot as I had been hit on side of truck,hit in the rear and I still got damage as I was waiting at a T junction for a convoy to pass before I actually went on my way,there was a car behind me hooting his horn and ramming into the back of me,it is fine as i never get angry,to me this is a game but if we had no damage I would have been even happier 

Trolls don't care how much damage they will cause or how much money you will spend on repairs - they only want to mess up and  make their victims mad.

People (obviously) complain from trolls - this can be easily solved by turning off all collisions....and then people will start to complain how unrealistic is the lack of collisions(some people may remember that EU2 was called EU2 Freeroam and it had no collisions at all when it was initially made) .

I just....I personally believe that asking for something to be removed, because you are not happy with the consequences of your own choices is not really a valid reason to be removed

• Upvote 3

^^ well i love it the way it is i am only thinking of those truckers that get so angry,it is only a game so why get angry,those guys that do get angry please do not come and complain here just go to EU1 and enjoy :P

you should see all the rage in chat and all cb,i really do not know why anyone would get angry but that's me as i always look on the bright side

Have Fun Truckers it is only a game :))

^the thing is, no damage is just effectively cheating the game, also, it then means any other server that has collisions enabled is going to have more trolls than normal because they cant get the satisfaction of winding people up by causing them damage and costing them time and money, that's the basic reason why people get angry with trolls, its not so much the money or the damage, just the fact that the trip becomes a waste of time, so say you've been driving for 2 hours real time, a troll comes and wrecks you completely, of course you're going to get mad because they have caused you to lose 2 hours of driving time because of their actions.

I personally used to get mad at trolls who intentionally wreck me, but now I just ignore them and carry on as normal, not giving them the satisfaction of a reaction. So on topic, removing collisions wont do anything to fix the problem you are aiming to fix, it will always be a thing as long as there is a multiplayer community.

Also, Trolls are not on EU1, they are on EVERY server from time to time, if there are people online, there will be trolls, its a simple fact, some people over react more than others, but that's human nature, everyone acts differently in the same situation, I mean, I had a guy swear at me last night because I wanted to take the exit coming up to avoid having to do another 20 minute round trip to get back on route, yet he kept speeding up enough that I couldn't safely change lanes, so when I could see the exit I need and see he had backed off enough, I change lanes (with indicator on the whole time) and slowed down to make the turn, he rages for no reason about me cutting him off and nearly wrecking him, even though he was no where close to wrecking and was lane hogging the entire time. People will always react in different ways, if you cant take that, then there's no place in society that will understand.

so for this idea big -1 here.

• Upvote 1

-1 As much as I hate trolls, I would probably hate it even more knowing that crashing my truck would give me 0% damage. Very boring and it makes multiplayer more boring that way. NCZ are there for a reason.

• Upvote 1

cnuk.jpgUP VOTE PLEASE :) 

Hi @Candice,

I personally don't want them to disable the collision feature since the "SIMULATOR" part in their name would then be totally useless to have. If you took in all of the information @FirestarteR93 said then you'd know EU#2 was completely free roam when it was first created. Most players hated it since there was no "fun" or "simulation". They basically designed an online petition against having NCZ everywhere on EU#2 and it was eventually removed from the game.

I'd never want to see this feature be readded into TruckersMP. -1

- @Beefy32659_YT

If my comment helped, Please give a Positive Rating above ↗ ↗ ↗

-100000000000 This would ruin the game, its cheating. The crashes an damage is part of the simulation and fun of mo. You didn't have to go to Rotterdam, that was your choice. If your going to busy areas like that you can expect to come across trolls. I never want to see this idea in the game. 

9b3f0e1f6c.jpg

About a year or so ago, EU#2 was once briefly FreeRoam and for whatever reason it was removed. Things like this are only removed if their was a valid reason, and so I don't support it coming back.

Freeroam was introduced when the war of the speed limiter took place, eventually free roam was disabled for EU#2 and the speed limiter was also disabled.

Plus personally I don't like FreeRoam mode. It stops people from waiting behind you at traffic lights, stopping at junctions, passing you on the motorway by changing lane, etc.

1105615.png

MsduciabaA29N7MEu7DlydS4GHo%3D.png

Have a problem with your ban? Make an appeal

Guys you got me wrong :P I should of said,Damage on,but,make the repair free and if trailer damaged you still get an excellent after completion.

That way everyone will be happy.

Come to think of it,why not make services free and show rooms so you can buy any truck you fancy,I hated it in ATS as you had to build all up again with inferior trucks.

they should have put an airport in ETS2 so we can ship our loads over sea,to pick them up in the states,to finish off deliveries,but know they are completely different games,we could of had a loading bay for the airport and one in the states as it is known as "world of trucks"

Edited by Candice

^^ I think you're not seeing the point of this game(s). It's about climbing up from scratch, you start with no truck and a small garage, you need to build your character by driving for others, get a loan, buy your truck, drive jobs to earn the money for repairs, upgrades, repay the loan, buy new garages, hire drivers, etc. The way you suggest would kill 99% of the game's spirit. So no, I can assure you that not everyone would be happy, for starters, this is a -1 from me.

• Upvote 1

14 hours ago, Candice said:

Guys you got me wrong :P I should of said,Damage on,but,make the repair free and if trailer damaged you still get an excellent after completion.

That way everyone will be happy.

Come to think of it,why not make services free and show rooms so you can buy any truck you fancy,I hated it in ATS as you had to build all up again with inferior trucks.

they should have put an airport in ETS2 so we can ship our loads over sea,to pick them up in the states,to finish off deliveries,but know they are completely different games,we could of had a loading bay for the airport and one in the states as it is known as "world of trucks"

the thing is, its just like reality, you don't get given everything for free, you have to pay for everything and prove that you are worthy of something, not get it handed to you on a plate, same applies in game, the reason why you have to pay for trucks and level up is to act like reality.

As a point, turning Damage on but removing payment on repairs makes absolutely no difference to what is happening, you'll still get trolled, you'll still be unable to make the drop off, you'll still end up with guys raging, all till do is make Service stations a hot spot more than they are now for trolls as more and more people are trolled and go to the services to get their FREE repair, it makes no difference to how MP runs and how trolls behave at all.

As a point, Just because you hate having to start from the bottom and work up, doesn't mean everyone else is in the same boat, most of us in MP have millions in the bank thanks to the drivers "bug" where you can earn thousands by simply not playing for a while, coming back and sleeping, so buying trucks isn't an issue for most in MP anyway.

Also, how many times in the real world do you see trucks drop off loads to airports, particularly big bulky loads, to ship them over seas, 99% of the time its shipped to ports and put on a boat for weeks on end until it reaches the other side, also, who's to say that SCS will not add that in the future or something similar with their rebuild of WoT anyway!

• Upvote 1

• 1 year later...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.