Proper light usage

Logboy

Alright so, i'm gonna explain to all those dumb drivers what you use your lights for..

First off, high beams and low beams are mean't to be used during night time, so who ever just leaves them on during day time... Come on..

When you're on a hill and your truck is moving slow, push the damn 4 ways "F" for default.

When there's a person passing you and he's got his flasher on to turn back into the slow lane, help him out with a flash of your headlights to let him know he's clear..

If you guys got anything to add, go ahead.

Yes its nice too (I do do it) But its not necessary to slow down for someone. I, for one, never slow down if the person is overtaking illegally. 

You should slow down for those even doing it illegally for the reason they might come back over to early or trying to get out of the way of an oncoming truck and end up hitting yours. 

^your the reason why i hate on coming traffic in game and irl :D

First off, high beams and low beams are mean't to be used during night time, so who ever just leaves them on during day time... Come on..

learn DRL Laws. They are becoming more and more popular... Sadly this is only for headlights because "real Idiots" dont turn on their lights when needed and you'll rear end them...

Signature removed by a wondering ghost

SUS0M9O.gif

Alright so, i'm gonna explain to all those dumb drivers what you use your lights for..

When you're on a hill and your truck is moving slow, push the damn 4 ways "F" for default.

When there's a person passing you and he's got his flasher on to turn back into the slow lane, help him out with a flash of your headlights to let him know he's clear..

If you guys got anything to add, go ahead.

Actually, it is quite recommended in the real world to have your headlights on during the daytime when driving on the highway.  Not the high beams, obviously, just your regular headlights.

If you're moving slower than the flow of traffic for ANY reason, you should have your four-way flashers on.  That's your advance warning to other motorists coming up behind you that "hey, I'm moving slower than everybody else, you better slow down or, if there's more than one lane, get over to the next lane to pass me".

You should always put your four-way flashers on when reversing.  You have to remember that North American semi trailers DO NOT have reverse lights, so unless that person behind you can see under your trailer to see your reverse light on your tractor, they're probably not going to know that you're trying to reverse.  Four-ways are not automatically a replacement for reverse lights on trailers, but it's still a warning to other motorists that you're doing something that they might want to watch out for.

Before starting to reverse, you should also give a couple quick toots on your air horn (or, until the air horns are made available on the stock trucks, your regular horn).  It's another warning to people in the area that you are about to start reversing.

This is another reason why honking to say "hello" is not really the best idea.  It takes away from the legitimate uses for your horn, so that when you legitimately need to use it, others might end up thinking you're saying hello when you're really telling them to stay out of your way because you're about to reverse (or to tell other drivers what bad drivers they are when they cut you off).

Actually, it is quite recommended in the real world to have your headlights on during the daytime when driving on the highway.  Not the high beams, obviously, just your regular headlights.

Actually, that's mandatory on my country

I always keep side lights on. And turn on Low beams/High beams when needed.

Its not a law IRL or in game to turn on the hazards when moving slow up a hill.

Yes its nice too (I do do it) But its not necessary to slow down for someone. I, for one, never slow down if the person is overtaking illegally. 

+1 With Lights. I do the same. So do a-lot of other users from who I have passed on the roads.

TruckersMP Community Bus Driver

275116735_role_GameModerationManager(2).

status.png

Reporting a Player    |    Appeal your Ban    |    Visit our Support System    |    Our Rules

I use low-beams during day time, most of the time.

Night time, I turn the high beams off in cities or on 2 lane isolated roads when someone's coming from the other direction, but I forget sometimes.

Regardless, better visibility is welcomed from the other drivers, unless you have a damn 34" curved screen with brightness at maximum.

steam.php?id=vargurr&pngimg=gordon2&tbor

It depends, I use my sidelights (permanently) a bit like my car now has Day-time running LED's so thats practically the same, besides it also looks a bit better.

I do tend to put hazards on when I'm struggling to go up the hill and sometimes I forget to turn low-beams off but as far as i'm aware this aint ever been illegal?

Kind regards,

Matthew

Errr, there is no law against using sidelights/dipped beam during the day. Pretty sure the guide is that headlight use during the day is to improve "Visibility of your vehicle to other road traffic", so I have no problem with lights on during the day. 

I agree with OP about flashing your lights to let other drivers know they are safe to pull back in / out of a junction.

Don't be afraid to use your sidelights guys - keeping yourself visible to other traffic is your priority.

76561198032736841.png   

DEEN TRUCKING

You should slow down for those even doing it illegally for the reason they might come back over to early or trying to get out of the way of an oncoming truck and end up hitting yours. 

This almost happened to me from a driver trying to pass on a solid yellow line. I would have slowed down as my truck is really slow and underpowered but his wasn't that much faster. On top of that there was traffic. It's not like we can move any faster. He ended up driving next to me for a good distance before I saw a blip on the map coming down the oncoming lane. Slammed the brakes and he swerved in. Had I not stopped he would have hit me and probably hit the other driver.

Some drivers are just too impatient. If you're going to drive like no one else is on the road then why are you playing multiplayer?

Some drivers are just too impatient. If you're going to drive like no one else is on the road then why are you playing multiplayer?

I know it's probably a rhetorical question, but I would have to think that they play multiplayer because you get a lot more tickets in single player driving like that. Plus less traffic in multiplayer. The question I ask myself is why even play a game like truck simulator, and hope they don't have a real license.  

At the OP, regarding the comment that short beam lights should only be used during the night not during the day...

It is American Traffic Law to use short beam lights during the day if it is raining. So, when you see someone with short beams on, it's likely that it is raining for that person, since the weather is local not global. 

Just saying, in case you are shouting at me for driving with my short beams on during the day (it was raining for me for 3 days straight the other day :( )

At the OP, regarding the comment that short beam lights should only be used during the night not during the day...

It is American Traffic Law to use short beam lights during the day if it is raining. So, when you see someone with short beams on, it's likely that it is raining for that person, since the weather is local not global. 

Just saying, in case you are shouting at me for driving with my short beams on during the day (it was raining for me for 3 days straight the other day :( )

I've never had rain in MP, the setting is default. Do the other players see the wipers then?

steam.php?id=vargurr&pngimg=gordon2&tbor

F for me puts on the Hazard Lights. I use low beams during the day cuz IRL i've seen buses and trucks i've seen over the last 10 years keep their low beams on. Not sure why, they just do. I turn off High Beams if their is another player coming/passing or im in a lit area.

I push L once (from off) no matter what time of day it is. L again gives brights and they come on from 8pm to 6:30am with the exception of the mentioned above.

i always have side lights on, and turn low beams on about when the sun starts to set/ the sky is turning orange and i turn them off after the sky turns blue in the morning

same here, I always run with sidelights on during the daytime and only put my lows on around 7PM when the sun is setting and it gets a little darker out there, I don't personally believe in using lows all the time because in game it blooms your dash out (if someone is behind you with lights on in the day) and makes it hard to see any gauges and lights on the dash, so ingame I don't feel it to be anymore useful than just having sidelights on till sunset.

Archived