Idiots on Road, ATS Edition

EG0611

• Replies 206
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I just worry about all these videos being posted sometimes people do it accidentally and these videos are being posted like everyone who makes a mistake should get banned. I hope it is taken into consideration. Like i literally turned out in front of someone b/c i only looked one way and i normlly look both ways and this time i didn't for whatever reason and "BLAMMO" i crashed into someone said sorry in chat and got no response so just wondering if it is based off of several offenses b4 being banned or are you guys pushing for immediate ban regardless if it is first time or even just occasional brainfart type incidents?

11 minutes ago, oneqwik55 said:

I just worry about all these videos being posted sometimes people do it accidentally and these videos are being posted like everyone who makes a mistake should get banned. I hope it is taken into consideration. Like i literally turned out in front of someone b/c i only looked one way and i normlly look both ways and this time i didn't for whatever reason and "BLAMMO" i crashed into someone said sorry in chat and got no response so just wondering if it is based off of several offenses b4 being banned or are you guys pushing for immediate ban regardless if it is first time or even just occasional brainfart type incidents?

You can't be banned for being a bad driver, that's ridiculous, we all make mistakes. You can only be banned for being a bad driver on purpose to get a rise out of other people, which becomes pretty obvious pretty fast, and it has to blatant for you to get punished. The video we're talking about is one that Sorsanpoika posted which is a 11-12 minute video of two guys ramming people head-on going the wrong way on the interstate and blocking the road with their trucks/trailers. 

I've definitely had some brainfart mistakes in my 120,000 miles of driving in ATS, usually I apologize if it was my mistake and we all move on, occasionally the person may still say they reported me, but as I said said earlier, you can't be banned for making a basic driving mistake like pulling out in front of someone. In another thread one of the in-game admins said that 9 out of 10 reports they get don't result in any punishment because people report for asinine things that aren't against the rules. 

Hope this cleared it up for you!

I don't post my Fails Of The Road in hopes they get banned. No. I post them so that we can get a good laugh out of it. Now if someone is blocking the path or rams me then i will pull up the player list and report them that way.

https://plus.google.com/u/1/collection/gniNPB

This link is where i am uploading them to now, not my youtube channel.

Why you guys think you can drive good when you obviously can not while driving outside you trucks, both your recordings are a silly way to drive as you not in complete control of your truck going over the white lines on corners as you can not steer correctly following you truck,causes crashes,accidental you say but it is not accidental as it is caused buy the obvious :P

Things That Make You Go Hmmmmmdff40m.png

24 minutes ago, Candice said:

Why you guys think you can drive good when you obviously can not while driving outside you trucks, both your recordings are a silly way to drive as you not in complete control of your truck going over the white lines on corners as you can not steer correctly following you truck,causes crashes,accidental you say but it is not accidental as it is caused buy the obvious :P

Best post ever, I totally agree with you man! :)

Okay, the craziest thing happened to me today, I was Northbound to Eureka up the I5 past Sacremento, there was 3 trucks a head of me, one to the Truckee Exit, one went straight on and one stopped on the hard shoulder, nothing unusual realy, next thing I knew, the guy stopped pulled out across the road in his truck blocking the outside lane, I immediately disconnected Cruise Control because I knew what was about to happen, even though I couldn't believe it, this guy started reversing across all 3 lanes! I dove a s far over a s I could with my foot on the brake and my hand on the horn, fortunately I just clipped the back of his truck with my traier and did only 2% damage, but when I looked behind me, he was driving completely the wrong way down the I5 with trucks scrambling in all directions to avoid hitting him! God only knows what he was thinking, just hope the SOB gets banned and thinks about his damn actions.

21 minutes ago, megadethsteve666 said:

Okay, the craziest thing happened to me today, I was Northbound to Eureka up the I5 past Sacremento, there was 3 trucks a head of me, one to the Truckee Exit, one went straight on and one stopped on the hard shoulder, nothing unusual realy, next thing I knew, the guy stopped pulled out across the road in his truck blocking the outside lane, I immediately disconnected Cruise Control because I knew what was about to happen, even though I couldn't believe it, this guy started reversing across all 3 lanes! I dove a s far over a s I could with my foot on the brake and my hand on the horn, fortunately I just clipped the back of his truck with my traier and did only 2% damage, but when I looked behind me, he was driving completely the wrong way down the I5 with trucks scrambling in all directions to avoid hitting him! God only knows what he was thinking, just hope the SOB gets banned and thinks about his damn actions.

Wrong way offense is only a kickable offense sadly. Sounds pretty crazy though, luckily you missed him, not sure about the others behind you. :wacko:

^I just closed my eyes at that moment because goodness knows how close I was to really wrecking, not to mention how far I had to swing to avoid him and that in itself nearly flipped me over (I physically heard the engine RPM rise as the wheels partially left the ground) I think those behind me were luckier because they had funnelled into the inside lane for the turn to Truckee so they were going a lot slower and had more time to react because of their position, whilst I was at 65MPH in the middle lane going straight on towards Redding so I wasn't as fortunate, but heyho, could have been a lot worse in the end, if he`d had a trailer on the back I would have wrecked for sure, it was fortunate he was bobtailing around,

• 2 weeks later...

So meany of these could have been avoided with a little common sense from the driver themselves, slow down expect the worst be patient and all will be fine, what I also find funny is some seem to drive as bad if not worse then what they are trying to show lol

CEO - The Lazy Truckers

VTL

Click here to join The Lazy Truckers

It's amazing how the the brain ignores the "the" before the second "the"
Read that again....

Archived