Question about motorway intersection.

MashedPotaton8r

its an expression of speech, if everyone followed the simple rule of giving way to traffic on their right, we wouldn't be having any discussions about this. its simple to understand, if you look to the left of you and theirs traffic, they should yield to you if youre travelling with the flow of traffic, if theyre on your right, you give way to them full stop, although some guys on here don't understand what brakes are and what they are used for when approaching a 4 way junction, such as the one on the "death road" between Manheim and Koln.

Uhmm, no. You should give way to the right only if there are no signs.

How does the AI behave at these intersections in-game? Do they follow the road signs?

https://worldoftrucks.com/en/image_detail.php?id=00000000000F435D&back=online_profile.php%3Fid%3D199790

The ai can make some interesting situations.......

Dude, this is an internet forum. You can't expect people to read stuff. Jeez.

And we want players who can behave, I'm afraid we can't have what we want :(

"Just remember...if the world didn't suck, we'd all fall off. "

b1.gif  

means give way to just about everything. If two people both have this yield sign, then you should give way to the person on your right before going yourself.

About those yield signs: They might be unrealistic and/or stupid, but they are placed that way so you should follow them, other than that treat it like any other intersection. Making an exception in the rules regarding the signs in that intersection would just be confusing to new players, as well as older players.

About those road signs indicating that you can go straight in the right lane when you can't: SCS has made a booboo, that's an error.

^

i do agree with that statement however i was trying to explain it myself ,those sign are not for the fun in-game they are actually real signs ,since we talked over Koln

this sign would you see when approaching the intersection  

eF749an.jpg

To clarify it for people who wonder: That sign means potentially dangerous intersection upcoming, and that you are on the priority road. And yes, the road signs in ETS2 are real and have their real meanings in the game as well.

HumaneWolf - Website - Twitter - GitHub

Ex-Developer

I just passed an intersection like this in SP - and the AI didn't yield me, they just kept passing.

Well, the AI in this game is quite strange, sometimes they stop on motorways and dual carriageways to let you merge (stupidest thing I have ever seen, no idea why the developers implemented that), other times they cut you off in roundabouts and intersections (which is kind of realistic).

^

in Canada they have bigger roads to so they making separated lanes where the traffic can just flow in

Not always true ;) in fact most cases they give motorist at most 200 meters to merge. The usual is 100-150. Highway to highway they usually give more grace. They expect you to merge and know traffic patterns, those who stop or force vehicles out of the lane don't deserve to drive here in Canada.

Then there's this weird lil setup lol

http://goo.gl/maps/glGtZyou literally have to burn rubber there ;)

Signature removed by a wondering ghost

SUS0M9O.gif

To clarify it for people who wonder: That sign means potentially dangerous intersection upcoming, and that you are on the priority road. And yes, the road signs in ETS2 are real and have their real meanings in the game as well.

So the "upside-down yield sign" doesn't mean yield, but that you have to watch and make sure cross traffic is yielding to you?

The "upside down" yield sign, is a warning sign,   that is used as a base for a whole lot of different warnings,   from the most basic one with just " ! " in it, go different pictures describing the nature of the warning.

The one posted a bit further up, is used to warn of a potentionaly dangerous intersection, but also tells you that you're driving on the priority road.

But, yeah, you still need to be sure that there isn't going to be an accident ( witch is every drivers responsibility,   to always try to prevent an accident ), though, you shouldn't have to stop.

I wouldn't go full throttle into that intersection though :P

Dude, this is an internet forum. You can't expect people to read stuff. Jeez.

And we want players who can behave, I'm afraid we can't have what we want :(

"Just remember...if the world didn't suck, we'd all fall off. "

1) I'd like to know if it is okay for me to not check the Blue Road if I am coming from the Orange road since the Blue has to yield?

No, even if you have right of passage, you still are REQUIRED to check if other drivers are yielding for you!

While, there are no emergency vehicles in the game, a police car driving on the blue road with optical and audible signals would have a higher priority..

Technically traffic signs are only there to enhance safety, but both in-game and in real life, there will always be people that won't follow the rules (laws). Where is fast and easy to fix and damage of a collission, in real life, the damage is not isolated to the truck itself. In most cases the truck has to be towed, a new truck has to pickup the current trailer and continue the delivery. In the accident was severe enough the driver would be in the hospital for several days causing all kind of resource planning problems. If the cargo was damaged during the accident, also the reputation of the company itself is at stake. 

It is a bit like crossing the street as a pedestrian crossing (with traffic lights). Technically you have the right of passage and cars have to yield for you, but do you think it is wise to cross the street without looking?

Personally I opt for a 10 second delay instead of being right and laying at a hospital bed or worse..

That is even if drivers willfully don't give way, but what if the truck is simply unable to stop in time to give way? We all know that drivers are doing all kinds of things while behind the wheel. They make phone calls, the check maps, they fold a smoke, get a drink from the cooler, being distracted by that beautiful girl on the side walk, etc. The end result is that most accidents happen because the driver was occupied with something else that keeping focus on the road..

510 Horses and one lucky bird at work

Simulators: Prepar3d V4, X-Plane 11, DCS 1.5 + 2.x, ETS2, ATS, Farming Simulator 17, Omsi 1 + 2

System: Intel i7-6700K @ 4700Mhz, 32GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance LPX, GTX970,  HP LP2475w monitor (1920x1200)
Devices: Logitech G27, SKRS Shifter, CH Products Throttle Quadrant, Trustmaster Hotas Joystick, TrackIR
Storage: 2 x SM961 - 250GB (raid 0), Samsung 850 pro 1TB disk, Samsung 850 EVO 2TB disk.

do you even know how to drive? if theres a yield sign you give way, that junction being described above has yield signs on it, hence my statement, read before typing.

Yes I know very well how to drive, thanks for asking. You are saying that you should always give way to the right which obviously is not how it works, otherwise there would be no signs at all, no? 

I am baffled by the layout of this intersection near Cologne (Koln). I've seen the same layout of intersection in Belgium as well. I don't understand why we have to yield to those who are exiting the motorway to join the main road (supposedly). 

BoYtiHo.png

t5KpB3q.png

1) I'd like to know if it is okay for me to not check the Blue Road if I am coming from the Orange road since the Blue has to yield?

2) If I were to drive on the Orange Road and someone from the Blue Road hit me for not yielding, would the player on the blue road get banned/punished?

3) Is this a mistake by SCS?

Usually, you must yield a road, if you change the trajectory of the motion, it's logical. I don't understand this rule, on that I must yield to truck, who goes from the orange road. If I go straight, and someone turns, then he must yield. Strange European rule... 

Yes I know very well how to drive, thanks for asking. You are saying that you should always give way to the right which obviously is not how it works, otherwise there would be no signs at all, no? 

if you READ what I have said, I already explained this to you, im saying about THIS junction in question, where it is imperative that you GIVE WAY TO TRAFFIC ON YOUR LEFT! obviously if some guys knew how to drive they wouldn't weave all over the place, lose all momentum on hills and understand plain English when spoken to.

I don't know what to think about this, I would probably still yield on the orange road even though though the sign says otherwise to prevent a possible accident. I also don't like those intersections in general due to being hit many times by people who use it as an extra lane and have no intention of getting off the highway at all.

signature2019.png.8d2d82f1f80e57ce817e965f0bdde2eb.png

Signature made by Aestrial

in belgium we have simelare highway exits.but as far i noticed the road below is always a priority road between 2 citys (they obviously only build a highway exit for a decent sized road)infact i have a highway exit pretty much exactly like this close to me(except that the highway goes under the road but yeah thats a detail).and here also the highway needs to give way.soo for mp i would say its more natural and realistic if the people comming from the highway give way.

that being said i understand why scs did this as the off ramp is soo short (fits like 10 cars at max?) while in real life the ramp close to me holds easy 20-30 cars.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived