Why don't play on the Simulation 2 server?

Samsunlu TR

It's a simulation - yes. But I understand what you mean.

Back in time when there was no global speed limit on Sim1 it sometimes was very funny if there was a Skoda flying by with like 200 and then u see it in the distance doing 5 spins in the next corner.

"Then go play on Arcade" people say. Alright lets try to find the about 100 people on the Map in this server...

As a moderator i have seen some of the crazy things that happen on Sim 2 even with the fewer players, because of the crazy speeds. And so i can understand why some people just wont want to drive on Sim 2 as its way to chaotic and dangerous. If you have lets say 1500 people who really like 150km/h and so wants to drive on Sim 2, but you have 2500 people who is fine with 110km/h, then quite a few of the 1500 people who like 150km/h would then rather drive with the 2500 people cause that means more people, than have the 150km/h speed. The amount of people are more important than the speed. The 1500 people of cause was hoping that many more would want the 150km/h but that dosent seem to be the case. And so i think most people are fine with the 110km/h limit and the rest will either drive like crazy people down the CD road on Sim 2 or live with the slower speed limit and play with the more people.

• Upvote 2

3 hours ago, MrSirViking said:

As a moderator i have seen some of the crazy things that happen on Sim 2 even with the fewer players, because of the crazy speeds. And so i can understand why some people just wont want to drive on Sim 2 as its way to chaotic and dangerous. If you have lets say 1500 people who really like 150km/h and so wants to drive on Sim 2, but you have 2500 people who is fine with 110km/h, then quite a few of the 1500 people who like 150km/h would then rather drive with the 2500 people cause that means more people, than have the 150km/h speed. The amount of people are more important than the speed. The 1500 people of cause was hoping that many more would want the 150km/h but that dosent seem to be the case. And so i think most people are fine with the 110km/h limit and the rest will either drive like crazy people down the CD road on Sim 2 or live with the slower speed limit and play with the more people.

I would also like to add that I would like to talk about my thoughts and opinions. Only S1 has a speed limit of 110 among all servers, and other servers have no speed limit. In S2, players can drive at a speed of 150 or more. Although speed is best for goods with long destinations, it is very unsafe in terms of safety. In case the speed is fast, there is a player in front of them, and if they don't evade in time, they will still hit him. Part of the problem is due to the problem of the car behind them. Driving the speed limit of 110 on S1 can effectively prevent some players who are too fast, including those who rampage.

7 hours ago, MrSirViking said:

If you check the results in this survey: https://truckersmp.com/blog/288 You can see that out of 8912 participants, 80% (approx.) wanted a server with speed limits higher than 110 Km/h and only 20% (approx.) wanted 110 Km/h or lower speed limits. This is nothing like 1500 vs.2500, it's more like 7130 (faster than 110 Km/h) vs. 1782 (110 Km/h or slower). Even if most of those 7000+ players had changed their minds seeing that Simulation 2 was too chaotic and dangerous, this would have happened after some days/weeks using it. But SImulation 2 has NEVER had more players than Simulation 1, unless Simulation 1 had an outage, leaving Simulation 2 as the only available "simulation" server, but afterwards they'd switch back to Simulation 1, leaving Simulation 2 nearly empty again. Why? It doesn't make any sense.

Simulation 2 was opened based on that survey's results. Because it was what THE MAJORITY had asked for. Its population SHOULD be 4x times bigger than Simulation 1's. Where did those more than 7000 players go? Did they just decide to leave massively when they got what they had asked for? Did they lie in their answers to the survey, saying that they wanted more speed when they actually didn't? (and why would they do this?).

Unless... The results of the survey were rigged by many "speeders" with multiple accounts sending multiple answers to inflate the result they wanted. Or faked by TruckersMP to have an excuse and open a server that in fact, only a minority of the players really wanted.

Just some questions that I have been asking myself (and not only myself) since "Back to basics" happened. And that remain unanswered.

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, FernandoCR [ESP] said:

If you check the results in this survey: https://truckersmp.com/blog/288 You can see that out of 8912 participants, 80% (approx.) wanted a server with speed limits higher than 110 Km/h and only 20% (approx.) wanted 110 Km/h or lower speed limits. This is nothing like 1500 vs.2500, it's more like 7130 (faster than 110 Km/h) vs. 1782 (110 Km/h or slower). Even if most of those 7000+ players had changed their minds seeing that Simulation 2 was too chaotic and dangerous, this would have happened after some days/weeks using it. But SImulation 2 has NEVER had more players than Simulation 1, unless Simulation 1 had an outage, leaving Simulation 2 as the only available "simulation" server, but afterwards they'd switch back to Simulation 1, leaving Simulation 2 nearly empty again. Why? It doesn't make any sense.

Simulation 2 was opened based on that survey's results. Because it was what THE MAJORITY had asked for. Its population SHOULD be 4x times bigger than Simulation 1's. Where did those more than 7000 players go? Did they just decide to leave massively when they got what they had asked for? Did they lie in their answers to the survey, saying that they wanted more speed when they actually didn't? (and why would they do this?).

Unless... The results of the survey were rigged by many "speeders" with multiple accounts sending multiple answers to inflate the result they wanted. Or faked by TruckersMP to have an excuse and open a server that in fact, only a minority of the players really wanted.

Just some questions that I have been asking myself (and not only myself) since "Back to basics" happened. And that remain unanswered.

Well i can tell you that i really dont think TMP would fake that. And yes i am part of staff so of cause i would say that. But there are as many people in staff that would like 150km/h as there is people who would want 110km/h and 90km/h. So i really dont think that we would fake anything. Not since we could just create such a server if we really wanted one, we would not have to ask anyone to do so. So it makes no sense to fake the results. Having people with multiple accounts vote multiple times, seems possible, but that would be a lot of effort just to get a 150km/h server that only they would use, also since that every account has to own the game.  Some has suggested that it could just be because its Sim 1 and that people are used to driving on that and so just sort of automatically join that server. And that if we switched Sim 1 and Sim 2 around, the 150kmh server would be the popular one. But i doubt that would have that effect, some would of cause just join Sim 1 as they usually do, but then realize that the server is 150km/h and then switch server. So i dont really know why its not more popular. All i can say, is that i am just happy its not. Cause that would be a lot more work for me. 

• HaulieThumbsUp 1

I also doubt that TMP would fake the results, because as you say, they wouldn't need to, but it was a possibility, so I mentioned it.

I get your point, really. That was one of my main concerns when I saw the "Back to basics" post, that lots of people would switch to Simulation 2 and the Moderation work would skyrocket. Because that's what the results clearly suggested that would happen. But it didn't, that's why I'm so confused with this. 80% people want a server configuration, they get it and less than 10% of people switch to that server. "There are more players in Simulation 1" is a pretty lame excuse, because being a clear majority, it should have been easy to make Simulation 2 a lot more crowded than any other servers. So I can only think that these "speeders" that voted for Simulation 2 to happen are mostly... Not very clever people.

• Like 1

It's like that because we are simply dealing with spoiled kids who always want more! They want higher speed limits, but then they realise it's better to have more players than higher speed limits and they would rather have both!!

One major mistake that TMP did when they changed the server settings was to keep SIM1 (with many players) at 110km/h and change SIM2 to 150km/h. They should have done the other way round. You would have had many players on a server with 150km/h speed limits.

And we would have been able to watch with some 🍿 what TMP with 150km/h would result to!! 🔥🌋😂

I don't think TMP deliberately chose to keep the main server at 110km/h (instead of switching it to 150km/h) because they were worried of the result. They probably rightfully assumed people would rather stay on SIM1 instead of moving to SIM2 (even if they asked for higher speed limits). But I might be wrong. 

• True Story 2

8 hours ago, Foobrother said:

One major mistake that TMP did when they changed the server settings was to keep SIM1 (with many players) at 110km/h and change SIM2 to 150km/h. They should have done the other way round. You would have had many players on a server with 150km/h speed limits.

The mistake was to only add Sim 2 as EU#2 used to be but not change Sim1 to what EU#1 used to be. If they had lowered the speed limit in Sim1 to 90 Km/h and removed cars, things would be completely different now...

• Upvote 1
  • True Story 2

• 2 weeks later...

to be honest.. i never use it either. except for yesterday when i was doing one or two jobs for the christmas event, because on that server, the area you get teleported to wasn't as packed as it was on sim 1...
other than that i find sim 2 boring and stupid at the same time because you rarely see people coming by... or when i do.. they be flying by in lightspeed or something, and thats crap :truestory:

[Just my opinion]

Female | german & english | sarcastic | gaming

76561198013596467.png

Discord: DahakaSkyRising#2850

Steam: https://steamcommunity.com/id/bulletx3/

[That profilepicture is my avatar from Second Life]

• 2 weeks later...

Hello Erwnxotr,
Among the reasons why players do not play in Simulation 2 are items such as the speed being 150 km/h. These speeds are a bit high for TruckersMP, a truck game. Performing such speeds in the game may increase traffic accident rates. For this reason, the majority of players log in to the game by choosing the Simulation 1 server. Another factor is the number of players on the server, Simulation 1 is able to attract members by setting a speed limit closer to realism, and in this way, Simulation 1 has a larger player base than Simulation 2 and is better able to attract the attention of players.

Regards,

• 3 weeks later...

Heya!

Since your topic has been inactive for over fourteen (14) days, I will lock and move it to our Archive section. 

We apply these procedures, in order to keep the forum organized and structured. 

If you have any questions, feel free to DM me. 

//Locked & Moved to Archive

Kind Regards,

OmSaL

TruckersMP Community Moderator