"Players near you" window

Mogebear

Hey guys. I always drive with this window enabled. I don´t know why since you can see on the map if someone is near you.

I think it´s an old habit from my staring days when i thought every little type of reckless driving would be a reason for me to report players 💀💀

But it´s kinda satisfying to watch the distance slowly decreasing and increasing after passing other truckers and sometimes you get exited because you think you you finally get some company but in the end it´s just someone parking in the city next to the highway 😄

Did you also drive with it enabled? Let me know 😛

Screenshot_845.png?ex=6516ef02&is=65159d

1797472539_TMP.png.e59ae11c070d542b6b8fb       1531540532_role_5Patron(4).png.063edcf850be00b4f1801f75c0617ad2.png       Screenshot_8442.png?ex=6517eb5d&is=65169    DACHSER-European-Logistics_rdax_65s.jpg?ex=651ad772&is=651985f2&hm=edcbd6026623ecfe096bce1157342f64df03d94c98fb119a17d5e40ece521aa0&

Yeah, I usually play with the tab open as well. Since the jobs I do involve long distances, it's nice to spot players passing by in advance, either beside me or on the opposite lane. Also, with Man truck I recently started using, I've been using a camera instead of mirrors to see behind, and it fits nicely on the left side of the screen.

Hello @Mogebear,

First of all thank you for taking the time to ask this question and write this topic with community on forum. 

Usually I don't like to play with the window enabled for players who are close but I only use it sometimes to check if some of my friends are driving near me 😄

Regards, 

ROMANISTA [ITA] 

TruckersMP Veteran Player 

1329247034_role_ReportModerator(1).png.9

I usually have it on when I am on the open road and there aren't too many people around just so I am aware of those around me, but whenever I am in a location with a lot of people I have it disabled since the window likes to lag the game a lot for me.

𝙿𝚛𝚘𝚏𝚎𝚜𝚜𝚒𝚘𝚗𝚊𝚕 𝚆𝚎𝚎𝚋 𝚃𝚛𝚞𝚌𝚔𝚎𝚛

𝙺𝚢𝚘𝚝𝚘 𝙻𝚘𝚐𝚒𝚜𝚝𝚒𝚌𝚜

On 9/28/2023 at 12:01 PM, Somehow Lucky said:

The only times i use it are:

1. When i first connect to see my id.
  2. When someone does a driving offense and i know the id, but they are driving away too quickly/F7'd and i need to check history.

Otherwise, i have it off. As i don't need to know the meta of who's around me and who's not. Since all we are doing, is just passing by.

I have it on when driving for two reasons:
1. To check my ping (usually my ping is a constant 80-90ms but sometimes the server becomes potato then I know it's time to leave more gap in case others lagging)
2. To check the distance and ping of other players (sometimes it can be their personal internet issue which can be lagging, so i'll know what's going on)

One of my friends also uses that when overtaking as well, but i use 2nd view to check the distance when overtaking, it's easier haha

7 hours ago, LK-126-兔宝怡崽 said:

I have it on when driving for two reasons:
1. To check my ping (usually my ping is a constant 80-90ms but sometimes the server becomes potato then I know it's time to leave more gap in case others lagging)
2. To check the distance and ping of other players (sometimes it can be their personal internet issue which can be lagging, so i'll know what's going on)

One of my friends also uses that when overtaking as well, but i use 2nd view to check the distance when overtaking, it's easier haha

I have a TAB setting "Show Ping" enabled. This shows me their ping. Whether 80 or 400, there's still lag.

I judge the oncoming dots on the map to determine if i have a big enough gap to do an overtake, or if i need to wait longer.

I only open tab menu when from time to time, to see if anyone around, or in busy areas just to keep an eye for info update.

Not gonna able it all the time, because that window actually affect the view, as well as less lags when it's closed.

Kind Regards,
[MCG] StarGuardian KaiSa
ETS2MCG Mod/Kai'Sa Express CEO/TruckersMP Player