Shut down the web report system

Sunstrider

Suggestion Name: Shut down the web report system

Suggestion Description: GMM's are now focusing on in-game reports. And with web reports being capped at 10, having to file within 7 days, and a declined report not returning 1 slot back, there really is no point keeping the web report system from this point forward. Plus, the last 2 minutes of video are sent in the report. Which will cut out having to upload evidence. And when action's taken, you don't have to worry about the 30 day rule of retaining it.

Any example images: No

Why should it be added?: Explained in the description. I'll go over how this should work in game.

You have 10 in game reports that you can create.

If a GMM takes action against the offender, you don't gain a slot back.

If the report times out, you gain the slot back.

You will always be allowed to have 1 reporting slot (for those emergency times when you need to report somebody and nobody else has filed one). This only applies if a GMM has accepted your report and you have 0 slots left.

Have any tips that can add to it? Comment down below.

I have also said previously this is a move I hope they go down. Maybe they need to make changes to the end game report system before the web support system can be closed? 

I personally see no point having both, and they have already said they are going to focus more on in game reports, so what is the point of us drivers taking time to clip evidence, upload it, create a report for it to get ignored when i simple right click in game reports the driver instantly. 

In-game reports is the way forward. 

I don't support this idea because even with the focus being now shifted towards the in-game report system, it's very likely that GMs will not be able to keep up with the whole income of in-game reports in the limited time they are stored. Therefore, if you come across a player who intentionally breaks the rules but no action is taken via the in-game report system, your last option is to create a web report. What changes is that the web report system should be the last option in the future and only be used for big and intentional offenses that definitely require action. This also justifies taking the time to upload evidence and to submit a report. 

• 2 weeks later...

It's a pointless thing. There are a lot of times game moderators can not be online, they may need to work, rest, travel, etc., many times the in-game report is simply not processed, keep the site report is a must, otherwise many reckless driving players can not be banned.

Polestar Logistics drivers | Safely drive over 1,000,000 km

Languages: English, Chinese

• 2 weeks later...
6 hours ago, Be4rdy said:

wait declined reports dont return that available report slot back?

well thats me screwed since i can only do 3.  guess ill just stop reporting folks

If the declined report is rated negative then you will lose that report slot, yes. It's the purpose of having a rating system.

Kind regards,

partyaap

Driver - Bruijn Logistics

Rules | Knowledge Base | SupportFeedbackRecruitmentNews | Events | Staff Team

*Views and opinions expressed are my own and do not represent anything or anyone else.

hi @Somehow Lucky👋

I don't agree with this idea, the game moderators can't be in the game every day as they have to take breaks and have other jobs to attend to as well, also they are not robots, reports in the game will time out so keeping system reports on the website is a must.
Without the system reports on the website, the perpetrators will go free and the victims won't be able to take action against them in time.
Then again, how would the report moderators do their job without a website reporting system?

Mica_TMP | TruckersMP Player

DBus World | Translator        

spacer.png                        spacer.png                        spacer.png                 spacer.png

DBus World | Swift Cargo | VTC | Reports | Appeals | Knowledge Base | Support System | Feedback System | Recruitment

hi @Somehow Lucky👋

But have you ever wondered what would become of ETS2 if there was no website reporting system and all players would ignore the rules?
We need valuable input to improve it, not shut it down!

Mica_TMP | TruckersMP Player

DBus World | Translator        

spacer.png                        spacer.png                        spacer.png                 spacer.png

DBus World | Swift Cargo | VTC | Reports | Appeals | Knowledge Base | Support System | Feedback System | Recruitment

I highly disagree with this idea! Because when we shutdown the report system on the website and keep the in-game report system when we report someone it will expire in 5 mins but in the web report system they do not expire and when a Game or Report Moderator has time they can look at the web report system and issue punishment.

Kind regards,

DeniPEKSEN 

TruckersMP Veteran Driver III

1797472539_TMP.png.e59ae11c070d542b6b8fb

---

Rules | Appeal your ban | Feedback | Support | Knowledge base | Report a user

---

1224065347_role_VeteranIII(1).png.5e3410

Languages: TR | EN 

On 9/27/2023 at 6:05 PM, CuteLynn~ said:

But have you ever wondered what would become of ETS2 if there was no website reporting system and all players would ignore the rules?

Players ignored the rules in the past and they still ignore them, no matter of which report system is available.

Euro Truck Simulator 2 wouldn't become any different from what we can see today:

a of bunch of wimps trying to kill each other on a fictional road for gaining the best Idiots On The Roads video content, and a deserted rest of the map.

• True Story 1

• 2 weeks later...