Update to our Game Moderation Strategy

MisterAndeh

Great Update!🙂

• Upvote 1

Mica_TMP | TruckersMP Player

DBus World | Translator        

spacer.png                        spacer.png                        spacer.png                 spacer.png

DBus World | Swift Cargo | VTC | Reports | Appeals | Knowledge Base | Support System | Feedback System | Recruitment

54 minutes ago, [G-T-R]GrayWolf said:

I Don't Like the new update because can't show moderator name on report system anymore we dont know who accept or decline the report anymore and we cant use feedback when we're not happy with the report result👎 👎👎

You indeed still can file a complaint through the feedback system. Provide the link of the report in the ticket and management will look into it. You don't need the team member's name to file a complaint.

• Upvote 1
  • True Story 2

2032295431_role_GameModeratorLeader(1).p

On 9/1/2023 at 12:37 PM, Diatsu said:

This sounds great. I'm fairly new to the game, and honestly the only thing that has ruined my experience up to this point are seeing self-righteous report happy drivers, flaming people in chat all the time. I don't even know how many times I've seen @(Name) Rec, followed by drama. It even happened to me once; the first time I drove a car, slowed too fast, and didn't expect the car to suddenly shoot out to the left and off of the road. I caused no accidents or traffic, yet still got hit with the REC threat. I apologized and worried that I'd be banned for the rest of the day. It hasn't happened, yet at least. Although if it's true reports can be backed up for weeks, than who knows. 

Frankly I love the small accidents, the occasional pileup as long as not intentional, adds entertainment to an otherwise possibly uneventful experience, and helps break up the monotony. Plus they make for great YouTube content; content that brings in new players, including myself. 

Amen! Nothing like driving up to random wreck on the road wondering... hmmmm.... how did they manage to get on that hill? Can't even count on one hand where I just laugh it off and continue on with my day. 

21 hours ago, A n t h o n y said:

Limiting web reports? Seems like a cowards way out to be quite honest and won’t change the toxic ‘rec ban’ culture in the slightest.

I think that you remember that a large number of reports on the site forces you to devote more time to them, which directly affects your activity in the game.  

I see it as a temporary measure, so when the situation in the game is improved and the reports on the site are really good, the limit will be increased.  
I believe that the reports on the site are currently holding back moderator activity in the game, which I think is a temporary measure, otherwise this changes will not bear fruit so quickly. (my opinion)  

• True Story 2

ResTed.gif

Бронзовый призёр в номинации "Сотрудник поддержки 2016"

Game Moderator Leader of the Year 2019 - #2

TMPForum.png

I know a player who was banned for using a speedhack very far from a CD road in a place where there were no players (he just wanted to catch up with the convoy and then turn off the speedhack). he is still permanently banned. And it will never be unban according to the current rules. At the same time, TruckersMP consistently mitigates punishments, and here many have already expressed that the massive unban of players has negatively affected what is happening in the game now. That is, do I understand correctly that you decided to unban all those who come into the game to intentionally break the rules, while the player who absolutely did not harm anyone will continue to be banned forever?
I think it's worth taking an individual approach to punishments for players: those who obviously unintentionally committed a not so serious offense should not be punished too severely. at the same time, if it is obvious that a player enters the game only to go on a CD road and break the rules there, I suggest that in case of repeated violations, ban such players for as long as possible, or ban them permanently (although it is still better to ban them for 1 or 2 years - perhaps after a long time time they will come to their senses and get a chance to improve).

I understand that the use of cheats is prohibited by the rules and is punished with a permanent ban, but does it not seem absurd to you that a player who has not harmed anyone (there was no one around him for many kilometers) receives a much harsher punishment than those players who enter the game only to harm other players? after all, the maximum that they face is a ban for 3 months!

• Upvote 1

17 hours ago, Jason_Stephen said:

players who are not familiar with the traffic laws of European countries participate in driving according to the traffic rules of their own countries, and the traffic rules of some countries are completely opposite, which will lead to many players will be very surprised by the ban

I don't think ramming, blocking, or reckless driving are legal anywhere in the world. It should be obvious that those rules should be followed, and other rules are often kickable offences due to how minor they are.

• Upvote 1

Stones8000

spacer.png

status.png

On 9/1/2023 at 6:00 PM, MrAndyTF said:

Reports will continue to be scored, and those who continue to make reports that do not meet the reporting rules will eventually be left in a situation where they may only create one report.

Does this mean that we can no longer get the report score back by submitting "good" reports? If this is the case, I don't think it's really fair for those who had declined reports long time ago and are trying to improve now.

33 minutes ago, djoh said:

Does this mean that we can no longer get the report score back by submitting "good" reports? If this is the case, I don't think it's really fair for those who had declined reports long time ago and are trying to improve now.

The way we choose report scores for the reports has not been changed. The only change regards to the report scores is that the highest number of reports a player can create was reduced to 10.

• Awesome! 2

3 hours ago, [Интегра] ResTed said:

I think that you remember that a large number of reports on the site forces you to devote more time to them, which directly affects your activity in the game.  

I see it as a temporary measure, so when the situation in the game is improved and the reports on the site are really good, the limit will be increased.  
I believe that the reports on the site are currently holding back moderator activity in the game, which I think is a temporary measure, otherwise this changes will not bear fruit so quickly. (my opinion)  

Sounds just like the circle we saw time and time again where we were 'told' to focus more on the report system when it got overwhelmed, rather than focusing on the cause.

To me, the answer is simple and it's to do with the behind the scenes activity requirements of a Game Moderator. If something like this happens, I would love to come back to the team. The main reason for me leaving was due to the lack of change on focusing on the 'Game' aspect of 'Game Moderation'.

Additionally, the 'anonymity' aspect of this update creates more of a divide between Player & Moderator, rather than having someone visibly responsible who is in a position of power within the game. Moderators within the game are like the 'Police' and with that, they shouldn't hide behind false walls. You want to build a better community? Allow the Players to Communicate to a Name, not a 'User'. Many times in my work I have had people thank me for helping them understand their wrongdoing and then I see them in game and they say hello and such, this has happened many times and has helped develop bridges between the Community and Moderators to show we just aren't power hungry people. When I was in the team, there was not one time I needed to report someone to my Management for being abusive or to a point where I needed to block them from contacting me, maybe that was cause I banned fairly and looked at the greater picture? But from what I hear within the team, this isn't a common occurrence so I am unsure why this update was completed, or the reasoning behind it is false and they have future plans. Also, ban evidence? If I am banned in game and request the evidence in an appeal, I'll know exactly who banned me due to the Medal/YouTube/Twitch account associated with the Moderator.

Hopefully this will be a step in the direction that's needed within the Moderation Team, however, the changes need to happen sooner rather than later. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

3 minutes ago, A n t h o n y said:

Additionally, the 'anonymity' aspect of this update creates more of a divide between Player & Moderator, rather than having someone visibly responsible who is in a position of power within the game. Moderators within the game are like the 'Police' and with that, they shouldn't hide behind false walls. You want to build a better community? 

The reason for the anonymity of moderators, they specifed that moderators are too gets harrased from platforms other than the ban-appeal system.

2 minutes ago, [MCG] PennyFG said:

The reason for the anonymity of moderators, they specifed that moderators are too gets harrased from platforms other than the ban-appeal system.

I was aware of this, however it doesn't happen often, and if it does, there are 'block' buttons for this very reason. That's just in my personal experience within the team.

• Upvote 2

14 hours ago, Stones8000 said:

I don't think ramming, blocking, or reckless driving are legal anywhere in the world. It should be obvious that those rules should be followed, and other rules are often kickable offences due to how minor they are.

True, illegal, I agree with you.😊 

NewHeader.png.e4c57937084393154ec74acd64b57719.png

🚚HELLO, I'M JASON_STEPHEN FROM 666 LOGISTICS🚚

>-------------------------------------------------------<

I mainly focus on Pictures and Videos in this Forum and Game

I can modify pictures by Photoshop and make videos by Pr & AE

>-------------------------------------------------------<

🎞 Here are my social media links 🎞

<< YouTube | DiscordBilibili | X.COM >>

There is a really basic solution to half the problem. I don't understand why we can't just make a server dedicated to people who play fairely and ppl with many bans can't join it. For example, players with a certain amount of previous bans cannot join server 1 to play, but are free to play on server 2. This would remove issue of discussing permabans, trolls can play with trolls.

Also, that is true, that there is not enough moderation in-game. Someone blocks C-D road and causes massive traffic jam, which would never happened if mods were more responsive to such things.

I ain't a saint either, I have been previously banned and I think from my perspective this would work so much better, than trying to reinvent the wheel again.

• Upvote 1
  • HaulieThumbsUp 2

WOW, u finaly noticed the fight

This kind of fight/"rec-ban-culture" has been on the servers for years! Tbh, the in-game and website system are verry diferent. If I make a report in game: No answer and nothing is done against the player XY. But if I sent a website report + video about player xy: It takes a while but then the admins accept it. This isnt good, I mean not all users can make a video to prove whatever happend! 

I can understand why the admins are anonymous now BUT what if a admin (website report) dosent accept a report but u wanna say "protest, this isnt fair!"?! We have no idea who he/she is so we cant protest anymore against a decision of a admin. : /

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Panther KF51 [GER] said:

WOW, u finaly noticed the fight

This kind of fight/"rec-ban-culture" has been on the servers for years! Tbh, the in-game and website system are verry diferent. If I make a report in game: No answer and nothing is done against the player XY. But if I sent a website report + video about player xy: It takes a while but then the admins accept it. This isnt good, I mean not all users can make a video to prove whatever happend! 

I can understand why the admins are anonymous now BUT what if a admin (website report) dosent accept a report but u wanna say "protest, this isnt fair!"?! We have no idea who he/she is so we cant protest anymore against a decision of a admin. : /

If you disagree with the decision made on the report, you can still contact the Game Moderation Management via the feedback system as you would normally do before the anonymization. The Game Moderation Management can still see who has dealt with the report, which means they can take the further actions when necessary.

• Upvote 4

Off the back of these updates, it'll be great to hopefully see more of a presence in-game from GM'ssince they'll be less required to service forum reports that are often quite old (allowing potential trolls etc. further time to cause chaos).

One thing I've found is that the time I normally play, which is NZST evenings, servers are still pretty busy though it's very rare to see a GM presence in-game, even on C-D road.

• True Story 1