TruckersMP and the team of Game Moderators (opinions, questions, etc.)

RedNub

Hello everyone! 

I'm very happy to be able to contact you all through the forum! Thus is honestly my first topic in General Disscusion I have ever created here 😄 

First I would like to ask how are you? I hope you are all healthy and happy.

As of today, I don't bring here a totally great topic for this post, sometimes that happens, but we can still discuss it together. 

Today I would like to focus on the TruckersMP Moderator Team, specifically the Game Moderators. 

You all know that recently there was an opened recruitment for Game Moderators, as the situation both on the virtual roads and on the TruckersMP reporting pages was probably unmanageable. This recruitment was opened to, well at least it seems to me, to get the number of admins up both in game and on the site and reports and everything else started to be dealt with earlier than before. 

However many of us have been rejected, whether it's for not meeting some of the main requirements or they just didn't like your application. 

I'm keeping an eye on the situation among the Game Moderation Team, even if I'm just a player and not in the team. I would say that although the number of admins is increasing, the situation is not good, it may even seem to be going for the worse... I don't know where the former Moderators and the overall system of managers have gone. I'm not going to waste my time writing feedbacks about what might be added as we all know what TMP will write something in style (first of all, we would like to thank you for your ....) - easily it seems like bot, so it's pointless to spend maybe two hours on it. Look, I applied to the team myself, tried my best to give it my all, and just because they didn't like what I wrote, I wasn't accepted on that basis. Isn't that sad? How can anyone judge someone when they don't even know them? They are well aware of the fact that I would be good at the job, and they would rather take someone who has only 300 hours on the game. It's not all about how much you have played on the game there are more factors, and stuff. Now it's finally starting to become a situation where more of us are needed and my words became in true.

Before you will make some opinion you want to share here with us, please come over this link that received many of positive reactions - > 

My few questions are purely aimed at your personal opinion, which you are all free to have, but I would appreciate some decent behaviour. I didn't create this post to insult anyone here, or to allow spread inappropriate words across others 

1. In your opinion, has the situation changed since the last recruitment? 
2. Does it seem to you that the situation in the game is still the same and thus needs a change in logistics/system in moderation? 
3. Are you currently happy with the Game Moderation team as it is now? 
4. Does this team seem like a bit of a stereotypical moderation, would you like to come up with something new like with better logistic system with moderation and etc.? If so, do you have any that might help? 
5. Also, have you tried to be a part of the TruckersMP team? 

I created this because I think nothing much has changed lately, even though TruckersMP has picked up a lot of new Moderators and I want to hear if you have a similar opinion as me. Recently I also watched one stream of admin, which I will not name here, he wrote in chat /admins and there were only 3 admins on the server, one of which was him, the second was in a truck and drove and the third was driving a car around Scandinavia. Of course, everyone has the right to spend their free time the way they want, but it looks weird when people look at that and don't see any moderators around. We also know, the GM's can not be online 24/7 which nobody wants to from them even it might seems like that.

I hope TruckersMP will be honest and let us share our decent opinions

I'm waiting for your asnwers! 

Have a good evening

Regards,

RedWolf [CZ] 

TruckersMP Veteran Driver IV \ MCG Veteran Driver 

I'm not speaking about really active admins, to those I would really love to say huge thanks for their work ❤️

I'd like highly say big thanks to everyone who is taking the time on this topic and answering with maybe their opinions, not these questions if you don't want to. 

• Like 1

RedNub I TruckersMP

(ETS2 - 6,250 hours)

795749874_role_VeteranV(1).png.660f7fd7e1531540532_role_5Patron(4).png.063edcf85

Reporting a player  | Appeal your ban  | Support System  | Recruitment

@[MCG] RedWolf [CZ] ~ I like you... 

Don't get offended if I say something you don't like 

I have followed almost your every post/reply in the forum right from when I joined 

I know you have friends that support your every post and reply...

to be frank with you

some posts/replies I don't like...

am not a professional but am good at studying people...

they are differences between being a leader and a ruler 

which I know you know the difference 

and you possess the Ruler Vibe 

A leader will always want to correct a person's mistakes than pass judgment 

like a Ruler will do.

Don't get me wrong .. am not saying drivers shouldn't get banned for breaking the Rules

am just saying as a leader you listen..you observe and you try to make the right decision 

that won't affect others..

you have to take your time to understand what this community wants 

not what you personally think needs to be done ...

I know you have friends that support your every move in this forum...

because of your reputation and your experience in the Game and Forum ..

I know you are happy about it... because you're always saying their mind ...

that's good, 👍

But...Have you taken your time to understand what the majority community wants...

have taken the time to ask yourself why you keep getting rejected.

First, you should know this is a game/simulation

Sometimes it's not always about you and your few followers

But, it's about the entire community...

I will give you one clue...

you can talk about the Moderators and higher ops

one thing you should know ..is... stop making them look bad 

when you know deep down you ...

you also want to be a part of them...

In real life, we have all sorts of uniformed men and women...

but that has never stopped Crime .. or reckless driving...

are you gonna say that they are not much

..or they are not doing their jobs?

I hope I did not offend you in any way 

But if I do ...

am really SORRY🙏 

Thank you 🙏

8 minutes ago, L-DragO* said:

@[MCG] RedWolf [CZ] ~ I like you... 

Don't get offended if I say something you don't like 

I have followed almost your every post/reply in the forum right from when I joined 

I know you have friends that support your every post and reply...

to be frank with you

some posts/replies I don't like...

am not a professional but am good at studying people...

they are differences between being a leader and a ruler 

which I know you know the difference 

and you possess the Ruler Vibe 

A leader will always want to correct a person's mistakes than pass judgment 

like a Ruler will do.

Don't get me wrong .. am not saying drivers shouldn't get banned for breaking the Rules

am just saying as a leader you listen..you observe and you try to make the right decision 

that won't affect others..

you have to take your time to understand what this community wants 

not what you personally think needs to be done ...

I know you have friends that support your every move in this forum...

because of your reputation and your experience in the Game and Forum ..

I know you are happy about it... because you're always saying their mind ...

that's good, 👍

But...Have you taken your time to understand what the majority community wants...

have taken the time to ask yourself why you keep getting rejected.

First, you should know this is a game/simulation

Sometimes it's not always about you and your few followers

But, it's about the entire community...

I will give you one clue...

you can talk about the Moderators and higher ops

one thing you should know ..is... stop making them look bad 

when you know deep down you ...

you also want to be a part of them...

In real life, we have all sorts of uniformed men and women...

but that has never stopped Crime .. or reckless driving...

are you gonna say that they are not much

..or they are not doing their jobs?

I hope I did not offend you in any way 

But if I do ...

am really SORRY🙏 

Thank you 🙏

Thank you for your comment..

you're right that I want to be part of the team, even though I may not even have a chance anymore.
I accept all criticism, my parents already learned me that, it's true that I probably don't do something so well 🙂 
I was asking more generally 🙂

• Thanks 1

RedNub I TruckersMP

(ETS2 - 6,250 hours)

795749874_role_VeteranV(1).png.660f7fd7e1531540532_role_5Patron(4).png.063edcf85

Im sure there are some criteria that admins discuss and decide on, but my opinion is that admins should prioritize the hiring of users who have seen the first versions of the TruckersMP mod (ets2mp.com) and are now experienced in this game. They should take advantage of this huge pile of experience from the past. The more experience, the better decisions.

• Awesome! 1

spacer.png

76561198155653923.png

1 minute ago, [MCG] RedWolf [CZ] ~ said:

Thank you for your comment..

you're right that I want to be part of the team, even though I may not even have a chance anymore.
I accept all criticism, my parents already learned me that, it's true that I probably don't do something so well 🙂 
I was asking more generally 🙂

Thanks for understanding Bro 🙏

I really Appreciate 🙏

• Awesome! 1

1 minute ago, Greybeard said:

Im sure there are some criteria that admins discuss and decide on, but my opinion is that admins should prioritize the hiring of users who have seen the first versions of the TruckersMP mod (ets2mp.com) and are now experienced in this game. They should take advantage of this huge pile of experience from the past. The more experience, the better decisions.

Yeah, I totally agree with you or at least someone who has more experiences about bugs and just all the stuff in game 🙂❤️

I also thank you for your comment! 

Regards,

RedWolf [CZ] 

• Like 1

RedNub I TruckersMP

(ETS2 - 6,250 hours)

I looked through the roster of game management and I don't recognize 3/4 of them, I have never seen them in game or the official events I attended some years ago, not even here on the forum, maybe they are only active on discord, which I ignore. People come and go, that's how it is, some have left for personal reason, some may disagreed with leader dicisions or got tired (they don't get paid afterall), then TMP needs to fill up the ranks however they see fit.

Not every experienced long time member is interested in becoming a moderator, I know I've never been and I'm definitely not now. 

Funnily, I have spotted one name, which belongs to one the few users I have blocked on the forums, because they really annoyed me (this individual is avid supporter of recent changes and type of person that twist your every argument and reacts only with whatabuotism), and this person is now on game moderation team. I guess this reflects that you are much more likely to be accepted if you show support of the leadership and their decisions, if you criticize them and show you have opinions that are incompatible with their efforts, well, they will not like to have you.

• Upvote 2
  • Awesome! 1

15 minutes ago, Granite said:

I looked through the roster of game management and I don't recognize 3/4 of them, I have never seen them in game or the official events I attended some years ago, not even here on the forum, maybe they are only active on discord, which I ignore. People come and go, that's how it is, some have left for personal reason, some may disagreed with leader dicisions or got tired (they don't get paid afterall), then TMP needs to fill up the ranks however they see fit.

Not every experienced long time member is interested in becoming a moderator, I know I've never been and I'm definitely not now. 

Funnily, I have spotted one name, which belongs to one the few users I have blocked on the forums, because they really annoyed me (this individual is avid supporter of recent changes and type of person that twist your every argument and reacts only with whatabuotism), and this person is now on game moderation team. I guess this reflects that you are much more likely to be accepted if you show support of the leadership and their decisions, if you criticize them and show you have opinions that are incompatible with their efforts, well, they will not like to have you.

Hello there @Granite

Thank you so much for your comment. 

That's what I meant by that, Game Managers or others can think I'm against them, it was not the reason i created it. I'm with them and know how that stuff must be hard if there are 3-4 managers for 180 Game Moderators. 🙂 

I was just asking others what they thought of this team  🙂 The managers are well aware that I am trying to get back into the team and that I would love to be a part of it. Yea, you are right, no everyone can be GM's as they have not enough of experiences or personality they are looking for. 

Hope, that Management will not take it like something against them and I will part of the team in one day.

Regards,

RedWolf [CZ] 

TruckersMP Veteran Driver IV | MCG Veteran Driver 

RedNub I TruckersMP

(ETS2 - 6,250 hours)

Staff cater to the majority of what people arcade players want. There is no "Simulation" or "Trucking" anymore. TMP has turned into a mobile game.

You can make all the suggestions you want about Simulation, Trucking, & what this was founded upon. In the end, staff will secretly reject it instead of trying to make the community better as a whole.

Edited by Somehow Lucky
Typo removed.
  • True Story 2

Hello, 

I will provide my PERSONAL opinion and i'm not talking as a Staff Member, i'm talking as Reja, just another member of this community. Don't get me wrong, i'm not trying to sound rude at all.

I personally feel that this post was created just to complain about you not being hired/accepted into the team, instead of actually providing ideas or interesting points to talk about. Unfortunately, that doesn't look really good if you would like to join the team. Of course we do accept different ideas and we can discuss them, but when someone just makes a post thinking they should get accepted over the others for no reason and because they think they "are better" than then rest, i don't really think that GMMs nor TMP Management will like that.

Even if you join the staff team as GM tomorrow, our current problems (cause yes, we have things we must improve as every community) will not be solved just because YOU joined the team. And if you ask why am i saying this, is because you clearly said the following sentence:

• They are well aware of the fact that I would be good at the job, and they would rather take someone who has only 300 hours on the game. It's not all about how much you have played on the game there are more factors, and stuff. Now it's finally starting to become a situation where more of us are needed and my words became in true.

Trust me, you have no idea how stressful and complicated our work can be sometimes. Many people think that being a GM just means "bans for everyone", but the work behind the scenes every day is extremely time-consuming and stressful. After reading your post i feel that your ego might be a bit elevated when you don't know how we work internally as GMs at all, the issues we have and many other things i cannot mention due to ISP. You joining the team will not change much, we have many members who are continuosly trying to help with ideas and feedback to help y'all (the community) and these changes are still quite complicated to implement for many different reasons.

Another interesting point is the "experience" as a player. Yeah, of course that if you play TMP since 2014/15/16 actively you might have more knowledge about game-related things, but that doesn't prove much. Being an old member doesn't mean you will be a perfect GM at all, so, this ideology that people have isn't correct. You must go under training for a few weeks, then a trial period for some months and after having a year within the red team, your Leader and GMMs will know if your performance has been good and have had a good quality. Isn't just "ah okay i play since 2014, i'm 100% better than people with 500 hours".

Here you also said; "at least someone who has more experiences about bugs and just all the stuff in game" in one of your comments. The GM team has nothing to do with bugs, even if they are in-game. When there's a new bug on the servers, every GM is informed of that so we can know how to deal with it and how to deal with the situations around it. However, having a lot of knowledge about them doesn't prove anything relevant if you try to apply to the role by saying that. In fact, the Support Team would suit better in that case.

To finish this, i'd like to quote the sentence that Greybeard made:

• The more experience, the better decisions.

Again, as i mentioned before, this is completely wrong. The experience as a PLAYER doesn't give you the experience you need as GM, and being "old" doesn't mean your decisions will be the most accurates within the team. 

The experience that you need as GM is the one you gain while being a staff member already. You get these under training, trial period and then in your 1st few months as GM. After getting all the neccesary info, you will know how to deal with appeals, bans, users, reports, evidences, complicated situations you might come across in-game or through the web, etc. After working with them for months/years, you will get more and more experience by the time.

Again, i'm not trying to sound rude nor trying to argue with you because i'm a staff and i feel "attacked", no, not at all. I'm just providing my opinion as another member of the community by using my knowledge and experience as staff member for 3.5 years and a player for 7.5 years.

If you would still like to discuss things with me and exchange opinions feel free to do so! I will try to be as clear as i can.

• Like 3
  • Upvote 2
  • HaulieLove 1
  • True Story 1
  • Awesome! 2

Kind Regards, 

El Reja

Game Moderator Leader

TruckersMP Rules - Appeal System - Report System - Feedback System

2 hours ago, El Reja said:

Hello, 

I will provide my PERSONAL opinion and i'm not talking as a Staff Member, i'm talking as Reja, just another member of this community. Don't get me wrong, i'm not trying to sound rude at all.

I personally feel that this post was created just to complain about you not being hired/accepted into the team, instead of actually providing ideas or interesting points to talk about. Unfortunately, that doesn't look really good if you would like to join the team. Of course we do accept different ideas and we can discuss them, but when someone just makes a post thinking they should get accepted over the others for no reason and because they think they "are better" than then rest, i don't really think that GMMs nor TMP Management will like that.

Even if you join the staff team as GM tomorrow, our current problems (cause yes, we have things we must improve as every community) will not be solved just because YOU joined the team. And if you ask why am i saying this, is because you clearly said the following sentence:

• They are well aware of the fact that I would be good at the job, and they would rather take someone who has only 300 hours on the game. It's not all about how much you have played on the game there are more factors, and stuff. Now it's finally starting to become a situation where more of us are needed and my words became in true.

Trust me, you have no idea how stressful and complicated our work can be sometimes. Many people think that being a GM just means "bans for everyone", but the work behind the scenes every day is extremely time-consuming and stressful. After reading your post i feel that your ego might be a bit elevated when you don't know how we work internally as GMs at all, the issues we have and many other things i cannot mention due to ISP. You joining the team will not change much, we have many members who are continuosly trying to help with ideas and feedback to help y'all (the community) and these changes are still quite complicated to implement for many different reasons.

Another interesting point is the "experience" as a player. Yeah, of course that if you play TMP since 2014/15/16 actively you might have more knowledge about game-related things, but that doesn't prove much. Being an old member doesn't mean you will be a perfect GM at all, so, this ideology that people have isn't correct. You must go under training for a few weeks, then a trial period for some months and after having a year within the red team, your Leader and GMMs will know if your performance has been good and have had a good quality. Isn't just "ah okay i play since 2014, i'm 100% better than people with 500 hours".

Here you also said; "at least someone who has more experiences about bugs and just all the stuff in game" in one of your comments. The GM team has nothing to do with bugs, even if they are in-game. When there's a new bug on the servers, every GM is informed of that so we can know how to deal with it and how to deal with the situations around it. However, having a lot of knowledge about them doesn't prove anything relevant if you try to apply to the role by saying that. In fact, the Support Team would suit better in that case.

To finish this, i'd like to quote the sentence that Greybeard made:

• The more experience, the better decisions.

Again, as i mentioned before, this is completely wrong. The experience as a PLAYER doesn't give you the experience you need as GM, and being "old" doesn't mean your decisions will be the most accurates within the team. 

The experience that you need as GM is the one you gain while being a staff member already. You get these under training, trial period and then in your 1st few months as GM. After getting all the neccesary info, you will know how to deal with appeals, bans, users, reports, evidences, complicated situations you might come across in-game or through the web, etc. After working with them for months/years, you will get more and more experience by the time.

Again, i'm not trying to sound rude nor trying to argue with you because i'm a staff and i feel "attacked", no, not at all. I'm just providing my opinion as another member of the community by using my knowledge and experience as staff member for 3.5 years and a player for 7.5 years.

If you would still like to discuss things with me and exchange opinions feel free to do so! I will try to be as clear as i can.

Hello, 

Thank you so much for your detailed comment.

I think you've honestly answered more than I wanted to know myself. 

As I mentioned above, and quite a few people agreed with me, it's tough when you're trying to get on a team, managers know you would try, but just because they don't like your application in something, they immediately reject you. However I also know there are many applicants wants to join team too. Anyway, I don't want to talk about that anymore. I'm sure there are things they need to improve, like the application process, which I see as a pretty big minus. Do you know where? Thus is in period of waiting the reply from the management. It's easy, if they put up the application under review, they can do it within few days, that means they will get under review only few of them, then checked them, and if it seeems like not suitable person, they van immediately answer it, why should someone wait over 2 months. Okey, it's something, what's not important at now.

On the other hand, it doesn't really matter, I've tried to give my time to this community, not being accepted can happen and I have nothing against it, so I'm not just talking about the fact that this post was written because I'm upset that TruckersMP didn't accept me. 

In the end I would like to say that I never said this job is easy, on the contrary these people need to be trained for these everyday situations so that various problems don't arise afterwards. I would like to remind you that this is only a virtual world, not a real one, so it must have some rules, but again it should not be exaggerated 😉

Have a nice day
Best regards
RedWolf [CZ] 

RedNub I TruckersMP

(ETS2 - 6,250 hours)

10 hours ago, [MCG] RedWolf [CZ] ~ said:

Hello, 

Thank you so much for your detailed comment.

I think you've honestly answered more than I wanted to know myself. 

As I mentioned above, and quite a few people agreed with me, it's tough when you're trying to get on a team, managers know you would try, but just because they don't like your application in something, they immediately reject you. However I also know there are many applicants wants to join team too. Anyway, I don't want to talk about that anymore. I'm sure there are things they need to improve, like the application process, which I see as a pretty big minus. Do you know where? Thus is in period of waiting the reply from the management. It's easy, if they put up the application under review, they can do it within few days, that means they will get under review only few of them, then checked them, and if it seeems like not suitable person, they van immediately answer it, why should someone wait over 2 months. Okey, it's something, what's not important at now.

On the other hand, it doesn't really matter, I've tried to give my time to this community, not being accepted can happen and I have nothing against it, so I'm not just talking about the fact that this post was written because I'm upset that TruckersMP didn't accept me. 

In the end I would like to say that I never said this job is easy, on the contrary these people need to be trained for these everyday situations so that various problems don't arise afterwards. I would like to remind you that this is only a virtual world, not a real one, so it must have some rules, but again it should not be exaggerated 😉

Have a nice day
Best regards
RedWolf [CZ] 

Hey again!

As i mentioned in my first comment, there are many procedures that GMMs must follow while dealing with applications and many people think this is gonna take up to two weeks or so. Unfortunately, this is not like that. There are THOUSANDS of players applying for the GM team (the most wanted one) and only 4 managers taking a look at them all. It's pretty obvious that they can't review all of them in just two weeks because there are thounsand of task they must deal with as GMMs too (internal and public work). The applications for this role can take MONTHS, depending on the workload that Game Managers have. 

Personally, when i applied to join the team back in 2019, my application took almost 2 months before being accepted because it has to go through MANY stages. Isn't just "New - Under Review - Accepted", there are more phases and again, depending on the workload GMMs have this may take more or less time. You need to also know that hey must lead a whole team, including working alongside GMLs, GMTs, GMs, rules, internal rules/changes, applications, systems that need to be improved, etc. Every thing i mentioned here takes a lot of time and efforts, isn't something you do in 5 minutes and then you have 23,9 hours to deal with applications. The workload is quite high and therefore everything must be reviewed correctly.

And of course, the most important part, they do this on their FREE TIME, because as you know, we don't get paid for doing anything of this. They will want to spend time outside home or maybe playing other games too. 

The patience is the key and this will help you to achieve things too. Unfortunately, if you expect we to deal with absolutely everything in a short frame of time, you will get dissapointed.

Now, talking about your applications, i don't have much to say about that cause i can't see them, and even if i can i'm not allowed to talk about that in public. GMMs have their reasons and can decline any application if what you say do not convince them. There are many factors taken into consideration while reviewing every app and even if you meet all the requirements, you can still get declined if they don't see sufficient potential or similar things.

Don't get demotivated, if you would like to join us, just make sure you understand all the points i've mentioned above and try harder next time. Remember, be patient and understand that you are not the only one applying for the role, many others will try and they might have more potential, that's why they get accepted.

I hope i can help you out with all my comments! 🙂

• Upvote 1

Kind Regards, 

El Reja

Game Moderator Leader

18 hours ago, El Reja said:

And of course, the most important part, they do this on their FREE TIME, because as you know, we don't get paid for doing anything of this. They will want to spend time outside home or maybe playing other games too.

I can't stand the" free-time /voluntary" phrase anymore.

Every player who is interested in becoming a TruckersMP team member knows already before applying that his/her contribution is based on a voluntary basis, won't be payed, and has to be done during his/ her free-time.

Team members who play the free-time/ voluntary card clearly ignored the possible impact that their assigned task would have.

And what would change if they were payed?
It's not like the day suddenly has more than 24 hours or their private matters will disappear.

That being said, I would like to thank you for giving us a behind-the-scenes look at how things work at TruckersMP by providing detailed information.

I appreciate that very much.

• Like 1

On 8/8/2023 at 11:19 PM, Granite said:

If you don't play on the servers anymore and left the community, it is not surprising that you wont recognize many people in management positions.

Also, what do you mean with "recent changes"? If you are refering to the server configurations, then I fail to understand how that has anything to do with that individual's ability to join the moderation team. Project Management and Game Moderation Management are two seperate departments. Liking or disliking what Project Management does will not affect your chances of joining a different department, at all. If you are refering to something else, please clarify. It is unfair and pointless to throw out accusations against the team that the team has no way of defending itself against.

The notion that everybody within the team is always 100% supportive of what management does is simply incorrect. You are allowed, even encouraged, to provide useful feedback as a team member. You are also allowed to criticize decisions that are being made by management, because having an opinion is not seen as illegal. Many team members openly expressed their dislike about certain features/changes on the forum in the past years.

• Upvote 2

Kind regards,

partyaap

Driver - Bruijn Logistics

Rules | Knowledge Base | SupportFeedbackRecruitmentNews | Events | Staff Team

*Views and opinions expressed are my own and do not represent anything or anyone else.

19 hours ago, El Reja said:

Hey again!

As i mentioned in my first comment, there are many procedures that GMMs must follow while dealing with applications and many people think this is gonna take up to two weeks or so. Unfortunately, this is not like that. There are THOUSANDS of players applying for the GM team (the most wanted one) and only 4 managers taking a look at them all. It's pretty obvious that they can't review all of them in just two weeks because there are thounsand of task they must deal with as GMMs too (internal and public work). The applications for this role can take MONTHS, depending on the workload that Game Managers have. 

Personally, when i applied to join the team back in 2019, my application took almost 2 months before being accepted because it has to go through MANY stages. Isn't just "New - Under Review - Accepted", there are more phases and again, depending on the workload GMMs have this may take more or less time. You need to also know that hey must lead a whole team, including working alongside GMLs, GMTs, GMs, rules, internal rules/changes, applications, systems that need to be improved, etc. Every thing i mentioned here takes a lot of time and efforts, isn't something you do in 5 minutes and then you have 23,9 hours to deal with applications. The workload is quite high and therefore everything must be reviewed correctly.

The patience is the key and this will help you to achieve things too. Unfortunately, if you expect we to deal with absolutely everything in a short frame of time, you will get dissapointed.

Now, talking about your applications, i don't have much to say about that cause i can't see them, and even if i can i'm not allowed to talk about that in public. GMMs have their reasons and can decline any application if what you say do not convince them. There are many factors taken into consideration while reviewing every app and even if you meet all the requirements, you can still get declined if they don't see sufficient potential or similar things.

Don't get demotivated, if you would like to join us, just make sure you understand all the points i've mentioned above and try harder next time. Remember, be patient and understand that you are not the only one applying for the role, many others will try and they might have more potential, that's why they get accepted.

I hope i can help you out with all my comments! 🙂

Cool afternoon for you 

Again I would like to thank you for such a detailed comment sent. I appreciate it very much. 

I don't need to say much here, I've been trying to join the team for a while now. However, as .... said here, anyone who is very excited to be part of the team and does their best to do so is rejected in the final end. 

I don't want to look bad or lose my chance to be part of thus cool team and let the managers reject me according this created topic., I would just like to be given the opportunity to show my activity, as if they had a detailed look at my forum they would see that I spend a lot of time here. Another thing I would mention here is that the requirements for these positions say that the player in question should have at least a little activity on their profile, how is it possible that players who have a forum account for barely 4 months with no activity are being considered for the team. 😮

That's the thing that bothers me about this and also seems to be a bit unfair. Anyway like I said, it's the managers decision, not ours. Their loss. 

I think everything has already been explained to us in detail. Many times it seems to me that even the moderators are afraid to share their opinion, as they could be fired on that basis. (Just my personal feelings)

I also would like to thank you for your opinions. 

@blabberbeakI'm aware you have also tried to apply in the team.. 

5 hours ago, blabberbeak said:

Every player who is interested in becoming a TruckersMP team member knows already before applying that his/her contribution is based on a voluntary basis, won't be payed, and has to be done during his/ her free-time.

Team members who play the free-time/ voluntary card clearly ignored the possible impact that their assigned task would have.

It's not like the day suddenly has more than 24 hours or their private matters will disappear.

That being said, I would like to thank you for giving us a behind-the-scenes look at how things work at TruckersMP by providing detailed information.

4 hours ago, StateCA [NL] said:

If you don't play on the servers anymore and left the community, it is not surprising that you wont recognize many people in management positions.

Also, what do you mean with "recent changes"? If you are refering to the server configurations, then I fail to understand how that has anything to do with that individual's ability to join the moderation team. Project Management and Game Moderation Management are two seperate departments. Liking or disliking what Project Management does will not affect your chances of joining a different department, at all. If you are refering to something else, please clarify. It is unfair and pointless to throw out accusations against the team that the team has no way of defending itself against.

The notion that everybody within the team is always 100% supportive of what management does is simply incorrect. You are allowed, even encouraged, to provide useful feedback as a team member. You are also allowed to criticize decisions that are being made by management, because having an opinion is not seen as illegal. Many team members openly expressed their dislike about certain features/changes on the forum in the past years.

Regards,

RedWolf [CZ] 

TruckersMP Veteran Driver IV  | MCG Veteran Driver 

• HaulieLove 1

RedNub I TruckersMP

(ETS2 - 6,250 hours)

Hello RedWolf,

I can understand your frustration, but this is not personally aimed at you, is just based on how you fill in the application and what your thoughts are for different scenarios, of course it can look weird when a player join the team has less forum activity then you but is still based on the answer they give.

I'll say perhaps you can try apply for other team? what you think off support team as you always help others out. eventually when you are supporter you can also join game moderater. 

So keep positive and keep active and help each other you will be notice.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, blabberbeak said:

I get that you may not like that sentence i said, but is still true. We all have activity standars we must respect, otherwise we get removed due to inactivity. As long as we follow them and do our tasks on time, we will be fine. 

I can assure you that if we get paid for doing moderation stuff, we all will spend much more time and efforts cause this will be a real job for us instead of just a hobby.

If someday you get the chance to join the team, you will understand why isn't possible to do everything quickly and u will also understand this sentence that you don't like to hear from us. Again, isn't a role where you just issue and remove bans and that's it. There are thousands of things behind the team and even if you have all day to spend here, i can assure you that you won't spend even a week doing thousand of things per day.

However, i'm glad to know i've helped you to understand some things about the staff team!

Kind Regards, 

El Reja

Game Moderator Leader

6 hours ago, [MCG] RedWolf [CZ] ~ said:

Cool afternoon for you 

Again I would like to thank you for such a detailed comment sent. I appreciate it very much. 

I don't need to say much here, I've been trying to join the team for a while now. However, as .... said here, anyone who is very excited to be part of the team and does their best to do so is rejected in the final end. 

I don't want to look bad or lose my chance to be part of thus cool team and let the managers reject me according this created topic., I would just like to be given the opportunity to show my activity, as if they had a detailed look at my forum they would see that I spend a lot of time here. Another thing I would mention here is that the requirements for these positions say that the player in question should have at least a little activity on their profile, how is it possible that players who have a forum account for barely 4 months with no activity are being considered for the team. 😮

That's the thing that bothers me about this and also seems to be a bit unfair. Anyway like I said, it's the managers decision, not ours. Their loss. 

I think everything has already been explained to us in detail. Many times it seems to me that even the moderators are afraid to share their opinion, as they could be fired on that basis. (Just my personal feelings)

I also would like to thank you for your opinions. 

@blabberbeakI'm aware you have also tried to apply in the team.. 

Regards,

RedWolf [CZ] 

TruckersMP Veteran Driver IV  | MCG Veteran Driver 

While being active is a plus and of course is taken into consideration, you don't need to spend all day here doing things to get accepted. Again, it's indeed a plus but if your application isn't sufficient for the managers, even if you have 5000 hours in ETS and 2k reputations points here, you can still get rejected. This could be due to insufficient/short responses, insufficient English skills, and other internal things. The hours and activity that you have isn't the only thing that managers take into consideration while dealing with applications. 

If you would still like to join the team, you need to be PATIENT and you also need to make a good application. There are many requirements GMMs must review to see if you meet them, and these aren't just the "activity" in-game/forum. 

I hope i've helped you to understand some of the things we deal with as GMs/GMMs. I will not post any further comments as i think i've been clear already. 

However, i wish you the best of lucks in the future if you decide to try your luck again!

Best regards, 

El Reja

• Like 1

Kind Regards, 

El Reja

Game Moderator Leader

Hello @[MCG] RedWolf [CZ] ~,

First of all thank you for taking the time to ask this question and welcome to write on this forum. 

On the team of moderators I can tell you that I also recently tried to apply to enter because in addition to being a game it is right that everyone must follow the rules and I like to respect them. If it is not the moderators who respect the rules first of all, how can the other players be? 

For this reason and other reasons I had applied to join the team. 

Unfortunately I was rejected for insufficient activity and then I realized that they hired players who had less activity than me. All this is absurd because to hire a person you need to see the main characteristics and follow all the fundamental requirements. There is no sympathy to hire someone on a game's team. I often think that people are hired based on likability or provenance. This is also a big flaw that I find when it comes to recruitment. 

Second point I could say that the reports on the site are often handled extremely slowly and more often than not even on the game players remain stationary on a road fault of someone who may be blocking that road without using the F7 command. See a moderator in action on that point? After a long time. 

There is also another negative point that I would like to say. 

Sometimes moderators do not accept reports that are made on the website even though they clearly see a violation of the rules because they just say "in this situation the player can be kicked without issuing a ban". If you keep kicking a player and don't make it clear that they were wrong to make that kind of violation with a ban, there will always be consequences (that player will repeat the same violation).

I hope this my reply is satisfactoria for you. 

Have a good day. 

Regards, 

ROMANISTA [ITA] 

TruckersMP Veteran Player 

1329247034_role_ReportModerator(1).png.9

19 hours ago, [S.PLH]Warrior said:

Hello RedWolf,

I can understand your frustration, but this is not personally aimed at you, is just based on how you fill in the application and what your thoughts are for different scenarios, of course it can look weird when a player join the team has less forum activity then you but is still based on the answer they give.

I'll say perhaps you can try apply for other team? what you think off support team as you always help others out. eventually when you are supporter you can also join game moderater. 

So keep positive and keep active and help each other you will be notice.

Heyo dear @[S.PLH]Warrior,

I woud like thank you for your comments!

There are many truthful things I will take from ❤️ Hopefully, we will finally see each other in the team really soon 🙂 

Kind Regards,

RedWolf [CZ] 

RedNub I TruckersMP

(ETS2 - 6,250 hours)

17 hours ago, El Reja said:

I get that you may not like that sentence i said, but is still true. We all have activity standars we must respect, otherwise we get removed due to inactivity. As long as we follow them and do our tasks on time, we will be fine. 

I can assure you that if we get paid for doing moderation stuff, we all will spend much more time and efforts cause this will be a real job for us instead of just a hobby.

If someday you get the chance to join the team, you will understand why isn't possible to do everything quickly and u will also understand this sentence that you don't like to hear from us. Again, isn't a role where you just issue and remove bans and that's it. There are thousands of things behind the team and even if you have all day to spend here, i can assure you that you won't spend even a week doing thousand of things per day.

However, i'm glad to know i've helped you to understand some things about the staff team!

17 hours ago, El Reja said:

While being active is a plus and of course is taken into consideration, you don't need to spend all day here doing things to get accepted. Again, it's indeed a plus but if your application isn't sufficient for the managers, even if you have 5000 hours in ETS and 2k reputations points here, you can still get rejected. This could be due to insufficient/short responses, insufficient English skills, and other internal things. The hours and activity that you have isn't the only thing that managers take into consideration while dealing with applications. 

If you would still like to join the team, you need to be PATIENT and you also need to make a good application. There are many requirements GMMs must review to see if you meet them, and these aren't just the "activity" in-game/forum. 

I hope i've helped you to understand some of the things we deal with as GMs/GMMs. I will not post any further comments as i think i've been clear already. 

However, i wish you the best of lucks in the future if you decide to try your luck again!

Best regards, 

El Reja

Eya there @El Reja

Hope, you're doing really well. 

You been my bigfaan for a long time, you are also know about it, I really do appreacite of each comment you have posted here to learn more about GM's / GMM's Stuff and I think it really helped to me. However, there are still things that need to be improved to looks more cool as a Moderation Team. 

That being said, Managers could put their heads together and talk about new things, like what about impoving the punishment system, issuing bans and more else and hope that some good idea will come in close future! I would honestly have many plans might improve the game experiences, on the other hand I don't say that all of them would work.

Have a good day

Regards,

RedWolf [CZ] 

• HaulieThumbsUp 1

RedNub I TruckersMP

(ETS2 - 6,250 hours)

8 hours ago, ROMANISTA [ITA] said:

Hello @[MCG] RedWolf [CZ] ~,

First of all thank you for taking the time to ask this question and welcome to write on this forum. 

On the team of moderators I can tell you that I also recently tried to apply to enter because in addition to being a game it is right that everyone must follow the rules and I like to respect them. If it is not the moderators who respect the rules first of all, how can the other players be? 

For this reason and other reasons I had applied to join the team. 

Unfortunately I was rejected for insufficient activity and then I realized that they hired players who had less activity than me. All this is absurd because to hire a person you need to see the main characteristics and follow all the fundamental requirements. There is no sympathy to hire someone on a game's team. I often think that people are hired based on likability or provenance. This is also a big flaw that I find when it comes to recruitment. 

Second point I could say that the reports on the site are often handled extremely slowly and more often than not even on the game players remain stationary on a road fault of someone who may be blocking that road without using the F7 command. See a moderator in action on that point? After a long time. 

There is also another negative point that I would like to say. 

Sometimes moderators do not accept reports that are made on the website even though they clearly see a violation of the rules because they just say "in this situation the player can be kicked without issuing a ban". If you keep kicking a player and don't make it clear that they were wrong to make that kind of violation with a ban, there will always be consequences (that player will repeat the same violation).

I hope this my reply is satisfactoria for you. 

Have a good day. 

Regards, 

ROMANISTA [ITA] 

TruckersMP Veteran Player 

Hallo thereee @ROMANISTA [ITA]

First of all thank you for joining to thus discussion and welcome here! ❤️

I really do appreciated you also shared your personal experiences with TruckersMP. 

As mentioned above and trying to explain how everything works in TMP by El Reja ❤️ ^^

I would like to add that while he explained and shared detailed info with us, we as players see it quite differently, as we expect the Moderators to make TruckersMP a great position, and most importantly to help us players, that is what we expect from them. One of things I think many of people would welcome is make them more open to us, in case we're asking about something in-game or having some issue -> don't get only thus answer " please write a feedback". That's not what we would like to see. However, we're not going to do anything about it.

I wouldn't go back too much on the hiring of moderators or other positions, since we won't change anything, what would have to be changed is on the Management side. I also thought that accepting people is sometimes a bit unfair, as you mentioned above as well.
Sometimes it's not only about the answers what they provide to Management.. That's my opinion. 
How many times have I heard from different people that maybe they wrote something extra in there or something to increase their chances that maybe they lied, but that's not revealed by Management anymore, and it can't be cause they will never seen them in real life. 

Next I would like to comment on the reports on the site. 

As you mentioned, the reports on the site are extremely slow, it's just that there aren't enough moderators to handle this situation well. In thus case it would be cool if there would be more managers in the Game Moderation Team... For example look on GMTL - > Game Mod Leaders, they are also really required case they have many of GM's in charge and they help them with everything they ask. However, GMM are also really needed in thus situations - > on basics of many applicants who wants to join GM Team - > so it will decrease the time within replies on their applications. And if the whole team was really that active, I'm sure it would be enough even with the numbers they have. As I have said many times, no one wants from them to be active 24/7, even so I still believe they would handle it. 

Declined Reports - > In thus case I know what you exactly meant, however sometimes it's really hard to find a correct actions they can do -> they can ban / kick the player? It's not only about it, sometimes the video record isn't recorded too much good as the GM wants from us. There could be many reasons, why the report ticket is declined. Look, I would trust to GM's as they are trained by Moderation Trainers before they go to make Reports on their own, and don't worry about they sometimes also ask them if they are not sure about. 

That being said, thank you so much for your attention and time to reply in thus topic. 

Have a cool day and stay safe! 

Kind Regards,

RedWolf [CZ] 

RedNub I TruckersMP

(ETS2 - 6,250 hours)

• 2 weeks later...

Heya!

Since your topic has been inactive for over fourteen (14) days, I will lock and move it to our Archive section. 
We apply these procedures, in order to keep the forum organized and structured. 

If you have any questions, feel free to DM me. 

//Locked & Moved to Archive

Kind Regards

Nody,

TruckersMP Forum Moderator.