Web Reports limit now reduced to 10 for everyone

Foobrother

Web Reports limit now reduced to 10 for everyone  

65 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think about the staff decision to reduce the limit of Web Reports one can have (in parallel)?

• Great decision!
    • I don't really care, doesn't bother me
    • Bad decision!

I don't really care about the Web Reports limits being changed. However, some players are complaining because the report limit has been reduced by 50%
So hopefully there will be an official announcement from TruckersMP about the change to the Web Reports limit.

• Thanks 1

Languages: EN / KRNJAP |  Discord: werzey

TruckersMP Support System  | Knowledge Base | TruckersMP Rules | Feedback System

Report System | Appeal Ban 

spacer.png  

Hello there @Foobrother

At the first, I hope, you're having a good day:) 

I'm really glad you have asked or just tried to post thus kind of topic to collect a few answers from other users and their opinions. 

So I would like to comment on a specific issue and that is the web-based reporting system on the TMP website. 

Recently there was a recruitment drive for new moderators, quite a few were hired and moved under training... There are really not many in training anymore for now as all are already did that. Since they have promoted to the Report Moderator role, it is expected that they should start doing and do their job. But unfortunately, what has become apparent over time is that for a community with over 6 million registered users, I don't remember the specific number, that's not enough. 

The Report site started to get very busy with reports, which are adding up every day. So where is the problem? Is the problem with the Game Moderation Team system, or the inactivity of the moderators? that's a question that everyone can create their own answer to. 

However, I am very sad that the reports are not done more sooner, although I understand that there are still more and more reports coming in every day than the day before. However, for all this, the already trained moderators must be prepared that this will not be an easy job, but that it will require a lot of their free time. For example me, I could create 20 reports, now I can only do 10. Honestly I don't think it's a good idea since we were the ones who help the Moderators to detect the players who break the rules, we provide them all the evidences with a record which they don't have to upload... they just need share to the correct user on his profile, so you can say that we do everything for them, they need to write a reasons and watch if the player wants to appeal the current ban.

I'm keeping an eye on the situation among the Game Moderation Team, even if I'm just a player and not in the team. I would say that although the number of admins is increasing, the situation is not good, it may even seem to be going for the worse... I don't know where the former Moderators and the overall system of managers have gone. I'm not going to waste my time writing feedbacks about what might be added as we all know what TMP will write something in style (first of all, we would like to thank you for your ....) - easily it seems like bot, so it's pointless to spend maybe two hours on it. Look, I applied to the team myself, tried my best to give it my all, and just because they didn't like what I wrote, I wasn't accepted on that basis. Isn't that sad? How can anyone judge someone when they don't even know them? They are well aware of the fact that I would be good at the job, and they would rather take someone who has only 300 hours on the game. It's not all about how much you have played on the game there are more factors, and stuff. Now it's finally starting to become a situation where more of us are needed and my words became in true.

Everyone who already knows me from the community, even though I was on the team before, I'm a very communicative and helpful person, I never had anything and I don't have anything against TMP, but unfortunately this should be discussed as I feel like TMP is becoming more closed and not as open to players as we want to. Just see, whenever you want to ask about something, they always text you to "write feedback"? Why am I going to write feedback if I'm going to wait a month for a response and won't change anything : ) 

That's something all members should think about.
Everything I have said here is my opinion, not a manipulation of others

In conclusion, I think there will be many players who will agree with me. ❤️ 

Have a good evening

Regards,

RedWolf [CZ] 

TruckersMP Veteran Driver IV | MCG Veteran Driver 

• Upvote 2
  • HaulieLove 1

RedNub I TruckersMP

(ETS2 - 6,250 hours)

795749874_role_VeteranV(1).png.660f7fd7e1531540532_role_5Patron(4).png.063edcf85

Reporting a player  | Appeal your ban  | Support System  | Recruitment

it could also be temporary solution to fight down the reports to certain level which is acceptable to raise it again. at this stage the report status is never going down.

So i can understand on why they do this, also in past they just disable the whole web report system until it was clear, so still allowing 10 reports is fair in my eyes.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Yeah, it's since sunday at least, and of course everyone on the team knows about it, they just didn't bother about any announcement beforehand, can't wait reading it for laughs.

Voted "I don't really care, doesn't bother me", because I don't play on TMP anymore. The only thing that I find worth logging on the server again is the job dispatcher which I can use to quickly complete those stupid steam achievements that require specific cargo delivered to/from specific places (that are otherwise based on random luck), and if I would do that, it would be NCZ server, so nobody can screw me over.

The reason behind this, in my opinion, is just continuation of the process of turning TMP closer to arcade/casual gameplay, becasue they correctly assessed that's where they can attract more players, which in turn are less likely to make reports. There will be no need for higher report limit, the minority that cares about rules and simulation gameplay is tiny and will feel even more discouraged making reports after softing up the ruels and the policy of "no or minor damage = decline", those that create useless reports will get banned from the system very quickly.

Personally, I don't think there is even any incentive reporting anyone on TMP, for what, a revenge? Waste of my time, they will be back in a few days, then I will never see them again (I wasn't C-D regular), becasue chances of meeting the same player again in the huge map in short period of time is virtually zero. With lower report limit, chances of players being reported will also be lowered, avoiding longer punishment, which results in more players on the server, it's a win win situation for almost everyone, including moderators, just not the simulation players, but those are irrelevant anyway. 

• Upvote 3
  • HaulieLove 1

I do wish they had a community meeting about it before they did anything. Because a limit of 10 is rather easy to achieve. Let's say i played a few hours and have 11 different reports ready. One player won't be reported because my max is reached. And if the limit doesn't reset for a month (or whatever they changed it to), anyone else that deserves a report will be able to play another day until they encounter somebody who has a slot to report them.

• Upvote 1

The TruckersMP team once again demonstrates its lack of interest at least in parts of its community.

This doesn't come as a surprise, as they started the downfall of their modification long before, namely, the "back to basics" project, the softened punishment and the re-invitation of former permanently banned players.

Quo vadis, TruckersMP?

• Upvote 4

Thanks all for your feedback so far.

In parallel I got more details on something that worried me. I was wondering if the 5 slots deduction was still active when you get a report declined.

But fortunately I got the confirmation they also changed that part. Now it's 1:1 ratio: 1 declined report = 1 slot deducted. And 1 accepted report = 1 more slot (if you are not yet at 10).

But remember some reports can be marked as neutral by the moderator and in that case it won't affect your slots total.

• Woah! 1

31 minutes ago, blabberbeak said:

1. Which report would be rated as neutral and for what reason?
  2. Is the prosecution based on the category of a report?

I know 2 reasons for marking a report as neutral (there are probably more):

1. For accepted reports. If the report was made in CD they will mark it as neutral. I guess because it would be too easy to increase your slots number 😆
  2. For a declined report. If it was indeed an offense but got declined because it only deserved a kick, then they will mark it as neutral so that you don't get a slot deducted (which is fair enough imho).
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

20 minutes ago, Foobrother said:

I know 2 reasons for marking a report as neutral (there are probably more):

1. For accepted reports. If the report was made in CD they will mark it as neutral. I guess because it would be too easy to increase your slots number 😆
  2. For a declined report. If it was indeed an offense but got declined because it only deserved a kick, then they will mark it as neutral so that you don't get a slot deducted (which is fair enough imho).

1. If it's true what you say, then a player who uses his valuable time to create reports in the infamous area where most of the offences happen, gets a big f*** y*** as a thank you.
    This corroborates the suspicion that the TruckersMP team supports or at least condones violations of their rules.
  2. That seems to be logic and fair, based on the fact that they implemented the possibility of kickable offences.
  • Upvote 1
  • HaulieLove 1
  • True Story 2

51 minutes ago, blabberbeak said:

1. If it's true what you say, then a player who uses his valuable time to create reports in the infamous area where most of the offences happen, gets a big f*** y*** as a thank you.
    This corroborates the suspicion that the TruckersMP team supports or at least condones violations of their rules.
  2. That seems to be logic and fair, based on the fact that they implemented the possibility of kickable offences.

I'm sure I read the slots/points system for reports somewhere. But can't find it anymore.

Can only find this which doesn't mention these "neutral" reports:

Q: Why can I only create 10 reports?

A: The Game Moderation Team is being asked to rate the quality of the reports. This is being used to help get rid of the majority of useless reports that currently come through the system. The more good reports you submit, the more you will be able to report in the future. The more bad reports you submit, the less you will be able to report, to the point where you are no longer able to.

Source: https://truckersmp.com/knowledge-base/article/10

Also while I was searching I found more possible reasons why they mark them as neutral on CD:

What happens if I report players solely from high-populated areas?
If you’re driving in the city of Calais, Duisburg, or on the rural road between Calais and Duisburg with the sole intention of reporting other players, then you may be at risk of having your reporting privileges removed.
The point of our mod is to let players enjoy all roads, everywhere in the map, and not only drive back and forth in highly populated areas just to report players. Our modification is made for players to enjoy the entire game world.

§1.3 - Spamming or Abuse

Using any of the report or communication systems provided on TruckersMP services inappropriately. This can include but is not limited to spamming them, reporting users multiple times with the same evidence, and misusing the system for its intended purposes. This can include but is not limited to the in-game chat, CB radio, horn spamming, our forum, support tickets, feedback tickets, appeals, and reports.

§1.4 - Reporting users
Any violation of the following rules might result in a temporary or permanent ban from the web reporting system.

Spamming our report system with useless reports, reports using continuous freecam (Cam 0) to record, or anything similar.

Source: https://truckersmp.com/knowledge-base/article/1572

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, blabberbeak said:

With all due respect you don't know what is happening behind the scene, is a shame that the team cannot stream the web reports due to IPS, but you would see how much reports coming from CD road.

I know that you know many players driving that road for fun back and forth, reporting every little thing and be in spectate mode to use the free came reporting anything, is just sad that players reporting anything nowadays instead of just driving and enjoy the environment.

But due those players and huge income of reports it would be wise to only let them upload max 10 reports and apply neutral rating for that area.

• True Story 1

15 hours ago, [S.PLH]Warrior said:

I know that you know many players driving that road for fun back and forth, reporting every little thing and be in spectate mode to use the free came reporting anything, is just sad that players reporting anything nowadays instead of just driving and enjoy the environment.

I'm not part of these players and I only report what happens to me. But we shouldn't forget the root cause of the problem: people not respecting the game rules. Solve this problem and you won't have so many reports 😉

Also, the system is already well designed to prevent people from reporting things which are not violating the rules. As mentioned in a previous message, if your report gets declined (because there is no offense) you lose a report slot, until you have 0 and can't report anymore! So if people keep on reporting it means that they do report REAL valid offenses. And we go back to the root cause mentioned above.

Now I really just hope TMP won't come back in a few weeks/months with some fancy graphs saying that the number of offenses reported went down and the situation is better! But I wouldn't be surprised if that happens 😂

• Upvote 2

On 8/10/2023 at 11:13 AM, blabberbeak said:

The main reason for this is that there are people who only drive on the CD road to farm reports. And so to not have them only drive on the CD road to farm reports and gain more report slots and so make even more reports from the CD road and "spam" the report system with reports from the CD road, all reports from the CD road and that road in ProMods gets a neutral rating, that way you wont loose any reports on it, but you wont gain any reports either. Also because that if you drive on the CD road you do so willingly and everyone knows that its a road where accidents will happen and so if you dont like getting hit, you should drive somewhere else instead of driving up and down that road to make reports 🙂

• Thanks 1

I play basically everyday of the week for 2hours plus and i used to record everything since i like to go the speed limit from C-D on the highly populated route. I always let people pass me when they can do so safely however as you can imagine.. alot of people will try to wreck you or run you off the road since i'm not going max speed. I play to enjoy not for racing. Anyhow, i found that i was endlessly backlogged with players who Overtook me/others inappropriately and or led to a crash in wrong-way lane, Cut me off on purpose causing me to wreck sometimes causing more crashs and traffic, players choosing to cut over from the other way into the oncoming traffic lane trying to play chicken with me sometimes choosing to just crash into me, as well as other sorted events. I reported someone once via video with timestamps then was told by a admin to resubmit with what they wanted and so i can't close the old one myself however i did resubmit exactly how the admin requested then i was banned from making ANY reports because i submitted it again as requested and another admin reviewed this time and saw multiple post with same name without reading the other admins request. I even eventually just ignored everyone else and just reported hackers running straight through lines just trucks flying everywhere.. guess what, no actions taken against said player(s).So needless to say i never report anyone ingame anymore since you choose to ban players just trying to make your ETS2 Realism Server a better place and not just a demolition derby/gran turismo server. Needless to say, if you never limit people and changed how reports work, maybe they do work this way, but correlate multiple reports of the same person on the website backend it would not be such a big deal. There should be no limit, just get to them when you can. It's not like you are paying to host these videos or something. I don't care if it took you 3 months to get through all my reports, just do it.. 25-50 max would be a good start. Reporting people ingame does nothing, 98% of the time i report players ingame there is no admin around at peak hours or they are doing their own thing not looking at ingame reports as well. They just timeout endlessly. As well when people should be banned via rules ive seen multiple admins just kick players. Alot of names i see in TMP of players always are doing the same dumb things and never banned. On survey i had to give 1 star all the way across  for customer support. Don't think you guys really even care. And when you don't care, people get fustrated, they take things into their own hands and this just causes more issues.. Yes this has been me multiple times in the past, however ive learned to just put up with the trouble makers. Everyone has got their breaking point. Giving 30 seconds of video of a event can be clipped to make it look like they did something wrong without telling the full story. Best thing you can do is have at least two active admins at all hours, it's just the nature of the beast. When people see others doing dumb things they tend to assume they can too. And this happens alot where no admins can be found. Then people start to be kicked and those numbers of bad seeds drops down. And yes, if i do report people i am constantly backlogged, just waiting, and waiting. If you make rules, follow them. You could just as well of double the lanes C-D and help traffic flow. I have no hope in these matters. Just expect to crash and have to reset multiple times and be elated when that doesnt happen i guess is how the rules on C-D work, huh?

My limit for web reports was downgraded to seven a year ago or so, even though I was a TMP Patron at that time for a long time. A friend of mine (never been a Patron), with whom I drive regulary, had a limit of 11 during that time. I never got any explanation for this from TMP.

Maybe this is one of the "advantages" of being a TMP Patron?

Anyway,  because of that (among other things) I'm not a Patron anymore currently. But maybe I will change my mind again in the future.

• Thanks 1

LegendsTruckers.deyoutube.com/vipmagazinyoutube.com/gamesmag

Languages: German, English, Spanish • Discord: Marco.aus.Berlin

Hello @Foobrother,

First of all thank you for taking the time to write this topic. 

In my opinion it was a better choice for the reporting system on the website regarding that players where they had 15/20 reports could create more reports and as a result the system on the site became more intense for moderators to handle. 

But there are also flaws in this decision because many report players correctly and it should be right to increase the limit of reporting. 

However, I think that this decision was made about a lack of activity of moderators when there are too many reports on the website. For example, the moderators in action are few to check the reports on the website and it becomes unmanageable if the players report 15/20 reports instead of the limit to 10.

If each player could report more than 10 reports, surely the system and the work of the moderators become heavier. 

Regards, 

ROMANISTA [ITA] 

TruckersMP Veteran Player 

• Thanks 1

1329247034_role_ReportModerator(1).png.9

I think the report limit of 10 is quite sufficient. In this way, unnecessary reports can be prevented and game moderators can respond to reports faster and terminate reports quickly.✌️

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • True Story 1
  • HaulieThumbsUp 1

1797472539_TMP.webp

---------------------------------------

On 8/11/2023 at 1:48 PM, [S.PLH]Warrior said:

Sorry to say but you cannot have 0 report anymore the minimum is 1 unless the managers will remove your report rights. so they still can place 1 report 

Ah ok. Wasn't aware of this. Still 1 report a week (I never had a report processed in less than a week) isn't what I would call spamming. And, as you mentioned, apparently people can get their reporting rights removed.

On 8/12/2023 at 1:31 PM, Pechuga_Johnson said:

There should be no limit, just get to them when you can. It's not like you are paying to host these videos or something. I don't care if it took you 3 months to get through all my reports, just do it..

Sooo true!

I'm sure @Pechuga_Johnson will agree with me if I say that we understand moderators have personal life, limited time and do this for free. But we just want things to be fair and the people who don't respect the rules to be punished. No matter how long it takes to process the report.

On 8/12/2023 at 2:17 PM, Marco aus Berlin said:

My limit for web reports was downgraded to seven a year ago or so, even though I was a TMP Patron at that time for a long time. A friend of mine (never been a Patron), with whom I drive regulary, had a limit of 11 during that time. I never got any explanation for this from TMP.

Maybe this is one of the "advantages" of being a TMP Patron?

Anyway,  because of that (among other things) I'm not a Patron anymore currently. But maybe I will change my mind again in the future.

I don't think being a Patron has any influence on the number of reports you can submit. And the number is only determined by the non-neutral accepted/declined reports. As mentioned earlier: accepted (not neutral) report will increase your report slots, declined (not neutral) report will decrease your report slots. In you case, you probably had one or more declined reports while your friend didn't and had more accepted reports.

---

But, coming on the topic, what do we want to achieve?

1. Reducing the number of reports just for the sake of it and to automatically reduce the load on the report moderators?
  2. Or reduce the number of reports in an "organic" way where people would actually submit less reports because there are less offenses? (which implies that TMP acts to have less offenses happening)

I prefer the second option. But it seems that TMP isn't interested to work on this one and prefers the lazy one. Sad 😩

• Upvote 1