Calais - Duisburg Train Road

Velxus

Suggestion Name: C - D Trainway 

Suggestion Description: The C-D Train route needs to be balanced, the rarity of passing the train with a small number of players should be slightly increased, if there are more players on the server, the train will pass very rarely and there will be no traffic, the TMP community will be more comfortable and will be very satisfied

Any example images: I don't have an image or video that I can show this with an example.

Why it should be added: Calais - Duisburg is the most crowded area of the Simulation 1 server, but although it's not too much of a problem when the number of players on the server is small, after a while there will be a lot of players on the server, and this train route will be blocked, and if no active staff there, there will be a long traffic queue.

If this suggestion makes sense to you, you can support the thread, TMP players like me ^^ Thank you.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 4
  • Haha 1
  • True Story 1

Hello @Kovácssss,

First of all thank you for taking the time to write this suggestion and welcome on the forum if you are new here. 

About your idea, I can tell you that I agree and I think it would be very important to be able to decrease traffic on the C-D road, especially even during rush hours. Often the passage of the train takes place and long queues form resulting in increased traffic. 

In the hope that something may change in the future to make the game even better, I wish you good luck. 

Kind Regards, 

ROMANISTA [ITA] 

TruckersMP Veteran Player 

• Thanks 1

1329247034_role_ReportModerator(1).png.9

Helllo,

I support your idea but you know that the train tracks are higher than the road level, the train being late means the train track will be open for a long time, which is a good theory for us. but troll players will want to get through there fast and I think there will be more chance of accidents in that area. this is my opinion thanks

Kind regards,

ROSMERY

As i have in my suggestion (see my sig), is to completely remove it and either make it a bridge or tunnel under the road.

As for the timings, it's based on what SCS has scripted it to be. Sadly, TMP won't do anything with CD Road.

With the exception of making old Duisburg an NCZ, giving it a new gas station, and a brand new Duisburg, the other things they do are just April Fool's Jokes that they then remove soon enough. In 2020, they closed CD. In 2023, they did my suggestion to revamp it. Was unannounced and very few got to check it out.

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...

Excellent suggestion, I believe this will improve traffic in this area of the road, if TMP could think about the hypothesis of creating something underground or a bridge, it would be interesting, but I believe that this will not come out only from the team, but from SCS to think about modifying this area. 

Previous classification.: imagem%5D

Idiomas: Português e Inglês | Discórdia: _amexz_

Bem-vindo e boa condução! 🚚🚧

It's a great suggestion, but if the train is slow when the number of players is low, it will be very boring. I think the train should go fast only when there are many players so that the traffic is less and the players do not get bored while passing the train.

• Upvote 1

Kind Regards,

Emirhan37,

Veteran Driver II,

Forum Profile - Steam - TruckersMP Profile

Unsure on the rules? | Reporting someone? | Need to appeal a ban?

On 7/10/2023 at 10:33 PM, Kovácssss said:

Suggestion Name: C - D Trainway 

Suggestion Description: The C-D Train route needs to be balanced, the rarity of passing the train with a small number of players should be slightly increased, if there are more players on the server, the train will pass very rarely and there will be no traffic, the TMP community will be more comfortable and will be very satisfied

Any example images: I don't have an image or video that I can show this with an example.

Why it should be added: Calais - Duisburg is the most crowded area of the Simulation 1 server, but although it's not too much of a problem when the number of players on the server is small, after a while there will be a lot of players on the server, and this train route will be blocked, and if no active staff there, there will be a long traffic queue.

If this suggestion makes sense to you, you can support the thread, TMP players like me ^^ Thank you.

A much more beneficial idea is to Delete the entire C-D road completely thus letting players actually spread out on the map not just solely in one small place. just removing the train doesnt solve any issue, in matter of fact would create more of an uproar of reckless behaviour 

Fønix Wolfe
Global Cargo Int'l Driving Team 

16 minutes ago, Fønix_TMP said:

A much more beneficial idea is to Delete the entire C-D road completely thus letting players actually spread out on the map not just solely in one small place. just removing the train doesnt solve any issue, in matter of fact would create more of an uproar of reckless behaviour 

I believe this solution would not solve the issue, as players would find a different road to drive on. Perhaps come back to some old popular roads. Same way as in Promods the Kirkenes road is most popular. I think many seek such places, and by that, I mean joining a huge group of players that can make them feel like they are interacting more with the community or simply looking for a challenge / challenging drive. So in my opinion this would be like kicking into an ant nest, would probably hurt you while they make a new one somewhere else.

I am amazing, what else to say.

15 hours ago, Wingerion said:

I believe this solution would not solve the issue, as players would find a different road to drive on. Perhaps come back to some old popular roads. Same way as in Promods the Kirkenes road is most popular. I think many seek such places, and by that, I mean joining a huge group of players that can make them feel like they are interacting more with the community or simply looking for a challenge / challenging drive. So in my opinion this would be like kicking into an ant nest, would probably hurt you while they make a new one somewhere else.

It wouldnt hurt me one bit, and would make your job 10x better rather than bein stuck on the same stretch of road where EVERYONE is toxic as hell and narcasistic. In simple, Delete the C-D road and problems are solved... plus most people would just scatter the map all the trolls would just stay in Calais city or Duisburg City and cry there .... Essentially Its a way of saying We are not going to listen to the small 1% (Trolls) and do what we need todo to make TruckersMP much better .... Seeing as we keep having to listen to that small group cry constantly and follow their every little whim. 

If you dont like it Tough. I Dont tollerate those who shelter trolls and those who protect trolls. 

Fønix Wolfe
Global Cargo Int'l Driving Team 

58 minutes ago, Fønix_TMP said:

It wouldnt hurt me one bit, and would make your job 10x better rather than bein stuck on the same stretch of road where EVERYONE is toxic as hell and narcasistic. In simple, Delete the C-D road and problems are solved... plus most people would just scatter the map all the trolls would just stay in Calais city or Duisburg City and cry there .... Essentially Its a way of saying We are not going to listen to the small 1% (Trolls) and do what we need todo to make TruckersMP much better .... Seeing as we keep having to listen to that small group cry constantly and follow their every little whim. 

If you dont like it Tough. I Dont tollerate those who shelter trolls and those who protect trolls. 

I am saying though, if you get rid of one road, the same will happen somewhere else. I do not think you get the point I am trying to make. It isn't just as easy as you might think. Even if the Calais-Duisburg road would be removed, it is very unlikely the players would simply spread out around the map and carry on as if nothing has happened. Also, players who are caught violating rules on this road receive a punishment. So it is not about sheltering trolls whatsoever. Hence a good idea is to make the road safe instead, by modifying it. You are as well putting everyone into one bag, there are many lovely people driving down that road too who mean no harm and I think they do make the majority. Anyone who goes there solely to cause trouble or violates rules there will be punished as if it happened anywhere else and that is also deserved.

22 hours ago, Wingerion said:

Hence a good idea is to make the road safe instead, by modifying it.

With slogans like that, I never know whether to laugh or cry.

If reports are to be believed, the reporting system still is hopelessly overloaded by the high number of reported rule violations, which mainly happen in the area in and around Duisburg and Calais.

So what exactly have the modifications so far achieved?

Did the TruckersMP team actually consider the consequences  when they decided to invite all former permanently banned players back to their servers and, at nearly the same time, increased the speed limit?

The way I see it,  you can modify all you want in that area, in the name of safety, player's satisfaction, whatever, but it won't modify player's behavior.

So why don't you focus on something other than this area for once, for example, the areas of the map away from Calais and Duisburg which are deserted?

22 minutes ago, blabberbeak said:

With slogans like that, I never know whether to laugh or cry.

If reports are to be believed, the reporting system still is hopelessly overloaded by the high number of reported rule violations, which mainly happen in the area in and around Duisburg and Calais.

So what exactly have the modifications so far achieved?

Did the TruckersMP team actually consider the consequences  when they decided to invite all former permanently banned players back to their servers and, at nearly the same time, increased the speed limit?

The way I see it,  you can modify all you want in that area, in the name of safety, player's satisfaction, whatever, but it won't modify player's behavior.

So why don't you focus on something other than this area for once, for example, the areas of the map away from Calais and Duisburg which are deserted?

You took this out of context and brought up new topics. I am trying to say and make you understand that removing the road won't solve the issue because it will pop up on a different road yet again. That is my whole point here nothing more, nothing less. As about the permanent bans that is a different topic. And it does not relate to only the issue we are talking about here but the mod as a whole, however, I can say I was not a fan of this myself. Feel free to create a topic about that if you wish.
You can laugh or cry how much you wish, I personally see nothing wrong about making a road safer as in modifying the roads itself though, multiple lanes or similar might relieve the traffic flow and decrease the number of violations. I am not an expert however, it is just my opinion and I am coming from my own experience based on dealing with reports, etc.. where I can see that after a rework, some parts of the road became safer or there are just no more as many violations. Anyhow, I am neither saying we need this nor it should be done. I am going to repeat myself yet again. The whole point I am trying to make here is that removing the road won't necessarily mean the players would scatter all around the map instead.

So why don't you focus on something other than this area for once

I think you are way far off here. The team is working on many other things as well. And I doubt this road is even the main point of focus. But yet again, that is a different topic.

Your suggestion to balance the C-D Trainway and adjust the train frequency based on the number of players on the server is indeed reasonable and can significantly improve the overall experience for TruckersMP community members. By ensuring that the train passes more frequently with fewer players and adjusting it accordingly during peak times, traffic congestion issues in the Calais - Duisburg area can be effectively addressed. This proactive approach will not only enhance player satisfaction but also contribute to smoother gameplay and reduced traffic queues. Thank you for sharing this thoughtful suggestion, and I hope the TMP community can support and benefit from its implementation.

Karakteriniz düzgün olsun ki gerisini hallederiz..

My first condition is that your character is not broken...

AlparslanK