Add Mods/ Add Mods Server

Suggestion Name: Sound Mods
Suggestion Description: The sounds mods that people can used will disable in online. In the singleplayer will it works, but in the multiplayer not.. Why ? Some people like v8 sound mods for a real trucking day in ETS2MP

Any example images

Why should it be added?: Make it beautifal for some people with a sound mod

• 5 weeks later...

I would love that. But as the admins put it "mods causes game crashes."

That's because they do. And people don't like that.

As nice as that would be. They won't allow mods on mp. I would think it would be possible since sound mods aren't very big meaning any PC out there could run it.

But then everyone will have to download it, and that would be very annoying... :/ I like playing it vanilla, so do many people out there too I bet.

From what I understand as a beginner coder, it also takes more time to patch, since admins will also have to add the compatibility of this sound mod to the newest patch, they also slow down game patch updates, etc. etc. 

And for those who will question why don't the allowed mods apply to what I'm saying above, it's because the modifications that were made are already coded into the game, they just can't be accessed without modifications :P

Regards,

Ken (Lemmonez)

Happy Trucking! :)

Proud member of BLACKOUT TRUCKING. Join us now !

41.png

Not sure how a (local) sound mod can cause a crash as other players would have just the regular sounds (provided that they don't have the same sound mod installed).

Much like the engine swap 'mod', the sound mod is something that is only local, so it isn't distributed to other players on the network..

• Upvote 1

510 Horses and one lucky bird at work

Simulators: Prepar3d V4, X-Plane 11, DCS 1.5 + 2.x, ETS2, ATS, Farming Simulator 17, Omsi 1 + 2

System: Intel i7-6700K @ 4700Mhz, 32GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance LPX, GTX970,  HP LP2475w monitor (1920x1200)
Devices: Logitech G27, SKRS Shifter, CH Products Throttle Quadrant, Trustmaster Hotas Joystick, TrackIR
Storage: 2 x SM961 - 250GB (raid 0), Samsung 850 pro 1TB disk, Samsung 850 EVO 2TB disk.

Not sure how a (local) sound mod can cause a crash as other players would have just the regular sounds (provided that they don't have the same sound mod installed).

Much like the engine swap 'mod', the sound mod is something that is only local, so it isn't distributed to other players on the network..

I had a similar thought about sound mods in particular, out of all the mods suggested, sound mods seem like they'd work without any issues. 

If it works how I think it does, if I had a sound mod installed and drove past you, you'd hear the standard truck sounds (or whichever sounds you currently have installed on your machine) as I drive by, there'd be no crashes because you're not installing something I don't have.

It'll be another "no" but, I'd really like to see sound mods (out of all the mods) looked into for ETS2MP

SO is every other mod right? And they're not allowed. 

Unless its a mod that changes every (lets say) trailer to one type.

Founder/Owner @  SwecLogistics VTC  A Swedish VTC, delivering all kind of goods, safe deliveries anywhere

You can mod the sound, but only change the sounds from, say, a Volvo to a Renault.

This involves either changing a dealer file or save editing.

If you want, you can request one to be made here: http://theleedsladmods.wix.com/mpmods#!leedslad/c1p9k

Or follow the tutorial here:

(but only change the sound)

If you are wanting to put in, say, a jet engine sound, this is not possible in MP. Maybe in the future but not as of yet.

• Upvote 1

^ could modify the base.scs and add said engine, however... you would get a prem ban if it crashes everyone around you or go threw your truck via ncz lol

@zyprexia not sure how a scs content gave me a prem ban for nearly 2 weeks... But it did (found out before unban)

http://forum.ets2mp.com/index.php?/topic/8151-ban-appeal-wttfunnybear/

My point is one little thing wrong with scs code your banned for life.

Signature removed by a wondering ghost

SUS0M9O.gif

Suggestion Nameadd support for simple mods on Route Advisor and removal of the lens for photo mode ( for SweetFX)
Suggestion DescriptionI think many will come in handy these two modes , the first removes Route Advisor to the top, and the second removes the lens with a photo mode that will give players take beautiful photos with sweetFX

(This mod removes the camera icon that appears when using the photo mode in the game . Done in order to be able to safely take a picture screens built in photo mode , which is better than the free camera, because time stops in the game and you can make great shots , and still have all the effects SweetFX. Minus only one - you will not be able to fill these pictures on World of Trucks ( this should take a picture of an old button in the menu) . 
Any example images4489741.jpg
Why should it be added?: It'd allow multiple users to deliver at the same time.

• Upvote 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.