thanking someone after overtaking

Movvy

quote from the rules:

When overtaking

- Start your overtaking maneuver when you are at least 60m from the truck in front of you (you can always check the distances using the <TAB> key).
- Stay in line
- When you checked that the other driver is 100m behind you, you can start foldind back.
- Alternatively, if you see the other driver turn its lights on, or hear him honk 2 short times, it means that you can fold back safely from his point of view, even if you're not 100m ahead. In that case, it's nice to thank him using the left-right-left-right blinker signal. Note that high beams would normally be used IRL, but cannot be seen for now in the MP game.

I just wanted too add a little detail: irl they also use four blinkers( hazard lights) to thank someone after overtaking by letting the four blinkers blink twice.

or atleast thats what i noticed in central europe.but yeah just a small detail ;)

Now I understand some strange behaviors I tough some people were weird once I've overtaken them I heard 2 honk, I was sure I did something wrong, now I know,

Iis there any trick to tell the one in the front that you want to overtake him, I usually try to flash my lights but unsure if they can see it at all, guess most of the ones I overtake seems to be kids that don't know anything about this type of courteous behavior anyways but just in case.

76561198104067447.png

I've already seen some People that also understand how to behave before an Overtake on an Rural Road and so do I when I'm going slower and there's somebody behind me that could / wants to overtake.

Simple as that: 2 Times Left Indicator -> Opposite Lane is free to Overtake; 2 Times Right Indicator -> Oncoming Traffic, don't swerve into opposite Lane

Sadly most of the Kids in Game have no Clue about this...

"Art of Freighters"

--- If it fits into / onto the Trailer I will haul it, no matter where and which Profit  :) ---

Thanks for the tip off, I'll take a look at blinkers of trucks from now on, usually, I don't need to pay attention to that cause I'm extra careful around other trucks, but if the blinkers can give me some indications when the truck is in front of me, I'll try to watch for them, normally the only time I check for blinkers is when approaching an exit or a entrance to make sure I won't crash into someone entering or exiting the highways, but TBH, I drive at times were there's no traffic usually.

76561198104067447.png

I've already seen some People that also understand how to behave before an Overtake on an Rural Road and so do I when I'm going slower and there's somebody behind me that could / wants to overtake.

Simple as that: 2 Times Left Indicator -> Opposite Lane is free to Overtake; 2 Times Right Indicator -> Oncoming Traffic, don't swerve into opposite Lane

Sadly most of the Kids in Game have no Clue about this...

Isn't it the opposite? If I indicate right it means that who is behind can overtake. At least that's how it works where I live.

Isn't it the opposite? If I indicate right it means that who is behind can overtake. At least that's how it works where I live.

yeah i actualy do this too :P

just feels more logical to me ..

Where I live, if a big rig is passing you, you flash them with your high beams to let em know it is safe to get over again...Driving a truck and trailer myself, I can understand why they appreciate it because you have to think about how much extra trailer you have on there when you pass someone so you don't take their front end with you when you pass them.

Now I understand some strange behaviors I tough some people were weird once I've overtaken them I heard 2 honk, I was sure I did something wrong, now I know,

Iis there any trick to tell the one in the front that you want to overtake him, I usually try to flash my lights but unsure if they can see it at all, guess most of the ones I overtake seems to be kids that don't know anything about this type of courteous behavior anyways but just in case.

I always say in chat - ( Overtake) .

image.png.84e46852ccdd27ac45fa8e04c8384c1d.png

Same here, when u indicate right it means the road is clear and he can overtake , left means u better not overtake ( some1 comin' on the opposite side or it's a curve or w/e). but i noticed that really few ppl do understand it.

And when i do ovrtake someone i use left - right - left - right signals like 2/3 times to thank him.

76561198160986596.png

Yeah, I somehow got that mixed up...  :unsure:

But as you can see it was early in the Morning when I wrote the Original Post so I guess I was still half-asleep  :D

"Art of Freighters"

--- If it fits into / onto the Trailer I will haul it, no matter where and which Profit  :) ---

The problem is though that most of the people don't know about the meaning when using your indicators that way, probably resulting that they're asking themselves if the trucker they're trying to overtake has gone insane abusing his indicators. I get overtaken a lot since I always respect the speed limits, meaning that ~99.99% of the other drivers around me are (way) faster than I am. And I've made some bad experiences with disrespectful overtaking-maneuvers... In order to protect my truck and my trailer I always check my mirrors, and when I realize there's someone coming closer and wants to overtake, I pull on the side of the road if there's enough place and slow down to let the other driver get by me. For me that system's working quite well, I know it may not be the most realistiv behaviour, but at least it's keeping my truck save... Too many bad things happened, before I started to use this method.

signature.png

Visit us on stvtc.co.uk or join our Discord-channel

In order to protect my truck and my trailer I always check my mirrors, and when I realize there's someone coming closer and wants to overtake, I pull on the side of the road if there's enough place and slow down to let the other driver get by me. For me that system's working quite well, I know it may not be the most realistiv behaviour, but at least it's keeping my truck save... Too many bad things happened, before I started to use this method.

I've started doing the same thing, it's not always that the other driver is deliberately trying to be a nuisance but the way the lag/ping works means there's a good chance of collision unexpectedly, so I just pull over a bit and slow down a lot, so far it does usually work. Same as if I overtake someone parked on the side, I give them more room than maybe would be normal in real life.

To thank someone after overtaking I used to use the indicators and change simultaneously from one to another, but I've started using hazards as it saves time pressing lots of buttons and I can stay more focused on driving. On the other hand if someone wants to overtake me, I then proceed to slow down and then flash and perhaps honk for them to move safely move back in. 

Lets hope more people incorporate this into their driving, to make Multiplayer safe to overtake!

Cheers

Click

Cz6DhhJ.png

----

Proud ST Trucking Member!

If I've helped you, Click the "↑ Icon " to show your feedback!

• 1 month later...

Archived