Jump to content
Wheezy

Road to Simulation

Recommended Posts

Hello,

 

my opinion is that this is a good idea with the 110 km/h. But we saw few years ago what happened with the EU1 server.

On EU1 were always 1000-1500 players online and the EU2 server was always full. EU2 get after few months more slots. From 2000 up to 4000. And what happened? The player left the EU1 server and all played on EU2.

 

So let us see what this change will change? That both server will be empty at the end? We will see it in some months.

 

The restriction for the triple trailes, for what?

Some months ago TMP team allowed to have triple trailers in each combination and now is it forbidden? Suprise, why? The decent drivers were not the problem but of course the trolls was it.

So what will be changed? nothing. Trolls will be Trolls, there is no difference between with or without triple trailers.

 

For lot of players like me, which play since years. This was something new, to combine all different trailer types with different cargos. This was new stuff which made the, in our eyes, death game more interesting.

Especially in ATS, great shit to have 2 x 45 ft and 1 x 53 ft trailer on the ass. ATS was death and is death. Please look at the player ranking of the ATS EU Server. They pending between 50-300 and the result was you never see someone... So who will be handicaped if someone drives with a Road Train? No one, i noticed only acception if i came with a Road Train and I'm sure this was something which brings again live in to ATS. but not yet anymore. Again is for me ATS death. Why i have to drive on a server were i can drive more than 500 miles without anyone around me?

 

It would be great if you review your new rules.

 

But hey, please work on the "no collision areas" in ATS companies. The most of them are still not existing which is terrible if a player is always blocking the unloading area and his AFK bot is on and we can't go thrug.

 

Thanks

 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The most argumentations against the changings are: "....i wanna drive 150 km/h or as fast possible ..... and i wanna crash with my mates at highspeed as fast as i can so turn on the collision......the server will be empty without highspeed and no collision.........No One asked what the Community want´s"

 

That all looks to melike a huge giphy.gif

 

 

 

I can understand that Changings not often Welcome but i am sure that the Majority of the Regular Players prefer a decent Gameplay and not Causing as much Crashes as possible before i am banned! There are Players who can drive Fast and taking care for other Players, but the most Reckless Driver are overstrained if there are more than 2 Players nearby and their Trucks are faster than 6 km/h!

 

You wanna drive your Truck in Multiplayer as fast as possible, you can on the Arcade Server without taking Care for other Players. You can Drive 110 km/h on the Sim Server and also take no care for other palyers and face the consequences!

 

 

  • Thanks 1
  • True Story 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@dacia1310 So don't go to North Korea, right?. Same here, you dislike it, you think it's a dictatorship... There are lots of other games to play. Every time TMP changes something, there's lots of whining. When they opened EU#1 server, lots of whining to have a server with no speed limits. When they opened EU#2, lots of whining because it was non-collisions. When they enabled collisions, lots of whining because EU#1 was still more populated, so EU#2 needed more slots. When they implemented the 150 Km/h speed limit, lots of whining because they had "destroyed" the fun. Until recently, all that whining had given results. And EU#2 became what it became: Trolls' paradise. If all of the speeding fans had been more respectful towards others, we would not be discussing this right now. But like one of the GM said: more than 6000 reports daily... And I guess that 99% of them came from EU#2 server... Something had to be done. 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

the thing I'm wondering right now: Do the people that want a limitless or 150km/h server with collision have any valid reason for it?

The only reason I can think of is wanting to be able to hit people while going in excess of 110km/h. This is of course not a valid reason.

  • True Story 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Gottlieb [GER] said:

Hello,

 

my opinion is that this is a good idea with the 110 km/h. But we saw few years ago what happened with the EU1 server.

On EU1 were always 1000-1500 players online and the EU2 server was always full. EU2 get after few months more slots. From 2000 up to 4000. And what happened? The player left the EU1 server and all played on EU2.

 

So let us see what this change will change? That both server will be empty at the end? We will see it in some months.

 

The restriction for the triple trailes, for what?

Some months ago TMP team allowed to have triple trailers in each combination and now is it forbidden? Suprise, why? The decent drivers were not the problem but of course the trolls was it.

So what will be changed? nothing. Trolls will be Trolls, there is no difference between with or without triple trailers.

 

For lot of players like me, which play since years. This was something new, to combine all different trailer types with different cargos. This was new stuff which made the, in our eyes, death game more interesting.

Especially in ATS, great shit to have 2 x 45 ft and 1 x 53 ft trailer on the ass. ATS was death and is death. Please look at the player ranking of the ATS EU Server. They pending between 50-300 and the result was you never see someone... So who will be handicaped if someone drives with a Road Train? No one, i noticed only acception if i came with a Road Train and I'm sure this was something which brings again live in to ATS. but not yet anymore. Again is for me ATS death. Why i have to drive on a server were i can drive more than 500 miles without anyone around me?

 

It would be great if you overlook your new rules.

 

But hey, please work on the "no collision areas" in ATS companies. The most of them are still not existing which is terrible if a player is always blocking the unloading area and his AFK bot is on and we can't go thrug.

 

Thanks

 

I can only agree with that Dear Gottlieb!
After the big news last night, everything fell off my face.
I can only say that from today the joy of driving a truck has passed.
I hope you change something else I assume that only trolls are on the server and those who really had fun I think their money and their time to invest in other games and then I ask micht if that was the right decision ?
But that will crystallize in any case.
Well then good luck with the project and may you succeed here nevertheless to receive joy.

Regards Speedake82

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Overall this seems to be a nice move towards the roots of TMP/ETS2MP and should give the game more seriousness.

Yet people expect the game to be their "playground" with unrealistic settings and what ever, even though the game has it in the title. (Hint: It's the word simulator)

 

---------------------------------------------------------------

Players: *Complain about mass of reckless drivers, rammers etc.*

TMP: *introduces simulation and arcade servers*

Also Players: We hate those changes, because we can't drive recklessly with 150+ kph and ram other players

---------------------------------------------------------------

^Basicly many, if not most of the playerbase does complain about it. They expect changes, but not those that have a high probability of success in sight.

If you have/had better changes in mind, why didn't you propose them to the TMP team (via feedback)? - Also see my cent below

(More moderators are not a better change in this case)

And I would like to remember you that we had the exact same situation, discussion and arguments back in the days when the speedlimiter was removed, but onyl the other way round.

"People will drive more carefully when they can drive as fast as they can" - We see where this led to.

 

Before you start argumenting about anything at this point, I would like you to read the second sentence of my comment again.

Now ask yourself, is your argument (or idea/proposal) contrary to the definition of the word "simulator"? If yes, then it is probably a bad argument/proposal, if no, go ahead and recommend it via feedback or the respective forums.

 

 

And 2 more of my cents:

It's very interesting that quite a lot of people only created their forum accounts to comment on this topic. s/ Seems like good commitment to the community /s

 

1 hour ago, dacia1310 said:

i can say just one thing... dictatorship 

Iirc that were the true words of Eryk (aka Rootkiller) , one of TMPs (ETS2MP's) founders back in the early days of the mod.

 

 

Edited by RayRay5
  • Upvote 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest Hecki_Stafman
1 hour ago, Sockstah said:

the thing I'm wondering right now: Do the people that want a limitless or 150km/h server with collision have any valid reason for it?

The only reason I can think of is wanting to be able to hit people while going in excess of 110km/h. This is of course not a valid reason.

 

I posted my reason here:

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The 2 Arcade servers are basically useless.
They are basically EU4 but with no speed limiter, what's the fun in that.

I ain't one of the trolls I am a content creator and I have built up my youtube channel from the foundation.

 

People saying this is a good idea "oh yea but that wouldn't make it a simulator game"
Why did you change it to a non-simulation mod then, If you wanted a mod for simulation then why add a server with no speed limiter and collisions in the first place?

I see how it's been changed as 1.35 has come out the update where Truck go flying, this is the thing I looked forward too when I came home from work.

 

I will see if there will still be enough funny moments in TMP over the next few days if there isn't. I will just get bored and play another game, a lot of people will do the same.
 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Hecki_Stafman said:

 

Now overtaking is absolutly impossible for me. Especially when the driver in front of me have double trailer.

Even when the driver in front of me is driving with 80 km/h I can't overtake.

You probably shouldn't overtake on country roads / federal roads where another truck is already going 80 kph. Adjust your speed and follow. That's what truckers irl do as well

  • True Story 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, RayRay5 said:

Overall this seems to be a nice move towards the roots of TMP/ETS2MP and should give the game more seriousness.

Yet people expect the game to be their "playground" with unrealistic settings and what ever, even though the game has it in the title. (Hint: It's the word simulator)

 

---------------------------------------------------------------

Players: *Complain about mass of reckless drivers, rammers etc.*

TMP: *introduces simulation and arcade servers*

Also Players: We hate those changes, because we can't drive recklessly with 150+ kph and ram other players

---------------------------------------------------------------

^Basicly many, if not most of the playerbase does complain about it. They expect changes, but not those that have a high probability of success in sight.

If you have/had better changes in mind, why didn't you propose them to the TMP team (via feedback)? - Also see my cent below

(More moderators are not a better change in this case)

And I would like to remember you that we had the exact same situation, discussion and arguments back in the days when the speedlimiter was removed, but onyl the other way round.

"People will drive more carefully when they can drive as fast as they can" - We see where this led to.

 

Before you start argumenting about anything at this point, I would like you to read the second sentence of my comment again.

Now ask yourself, is your argument (or idea/proposal) contrary to the definition of the word "simulator"? If yes, then it is probably a bad argument/proposal, if no, go ahead and recommend it via feedback or the respective forums.

 

 

And 2 more of my cents:

It's very interesting that quite a lot of people only created their forum accounts to comment on this topic. s/ Seems like good commitment to the community /s

 

Iirc that were the true words of Eryk (aka Rootkiller) , one of TMPs (ETS2MP's) founders back in the early days of the mod.

 

 

I can't agree with all of your comments here.

"If you have/had better changes in mind, why didn't you propose them to the TMP team (via feedback)?"

This is what we did at the moment, or not? Why we have to claim things which are not existing in the last rules?

No one was aware of such changes, so normally a survey give feedback in such cases. This is the feedback.

Sorry but my magical glass ball doesn't told me that TMP make such a major change of the rules...

But let me add something: Why I have to open a ticket? If I know that this will processed in a week, but here the TMP is interested now on the Feedback and they read it immeditately? Also this a forum, a place to give feedback and to discuss such things.

Also let me add, i forgot it. I can't remember that TMP started a survey to get feedback what the player wanted what is normally the best way to figure the feedback out.

 

"It's very interesting that quite a lot of people only created their forum accounts to comment on this topic. s/ Seems like good commitment to the community /s"

Sorry but, this is how the life is. The most people give they feedback if they have different view. You will never get pro active from the majority of the people "hey this is great job" the most player accept this without comment if they have the same view of it.

 

 

So at the end is it the same problem and this rules will not change anything against player which drive reckless. The trolls will stay and the only thing which can handle it is more presence from Admins on the server.

 

Regards

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, RayRay5 said:

Overall this seems to be a nice move towards the roots of TMP/ETS2MP and should give the game more seriousness.

Yet people expect the game to be their "playground" with unrealistic settings and what ever, even though the game has it in the title. (Hint: It's the word simulator)

 

---------------------------------------------------------------

Players: *Complain about mass of reckless drivers, rammers etc.*

TMP: *introduces simulation and arcade servers*

Also Players: We hate those changes, because we can't drive recklessly with 150+ kph and ram other players

---------------------------------------------------------------

^Basicly many, if not most of the playerbase does complain about it. They expect changes, but not those that have a high probability of success in sight.

If you have/had better changes in mind, why didn't you propose them to the TMP team (via feedback)? - Also see my cent below

(More moderators are not a better change in this case)

And I would like to remember you that we had the exact same situation, discussion and arguments back in the days when the speedlimiter was removed, but onyl the other way round.

"People will drive more carefully when they can drive as fast as they can" - We see where this led to.

 

Before you start argumenting about anything at this point, I would like you to read the second sentence of my comment again.

Now ask yourself, is your argument (or idea/proposal) contrary to the definition of the word "simulator"? If yes, then it is probably a bad argument/proposal, if no, go ahead and recommend it via feedback or the respective forums.

 

 

And 2 more of my cents:

It's very interesting that quite a lot of people only created their forum accounts to comment on this topic. s/ Seems like good commitment to the community /s

 

Iirc that were the true words of Eryk (aka Rootkiller) , one of TMPs (ETS2MP's) founders back in the early days of the mod.

 

 

this is a game not real life.....

 

if your so serious about this then get going and be a truck driver

  • True Story 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, RayRay5 said:

Вы, вероятно, не должны обгонять дороги страны / федеральные дороги, где другой грузовик уже идет 80 км / ч. Отрегулируйте свою скорость и следуйте. Это то, что водители грузовиков делают также

None of the administration has given an answer why they do not want to give the current server an arcade of collisions on the road.

Leave the simulation server as it is and let the main audience play there, this is your decision and your right. But what's the problem just to take and add to one server collisions and call it # 4 Arcade.

There is no single reason, financial or physical, or programmatic to prescribe this rule. Why do you shy away from answering?

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This is beyond a joke, Simulation 1 & 2 are actually meant to be the Sim servers right? There are loads of people ( not saying where from ) overtaking & desperately trying to force past everyone even with the 68mph limit! Its ridicules, They wont go on the Arcade servers because they simply can't crash into people FACT. You could set the limit to 30mph & the same stuff would happen because certain groups for some reason have to overtake everyone else on the road, its never gonna stop EVEn if the trucks were all 310hp it would happen! 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, ScaniaFan89 said:

This is beyond a joke, Simulation 1 & 2 are actually meant to be the Sim servers right? There are loads of people ( not saying where from ) overtaking & desperately trying to force past everyone even with the 68mph limit! Its ridicules, They wont go on the Arcade servers because they simply can't crash into people FACT. You could set the limit to 30mph & the same stuff would happen because certain groups for some reason have to overtake everyone else on the road, its never gonna stop EVEn if the trucks were all 310hp it would happen! 

 

 

the thing is its boring and not fun to drive in a server without collison

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, Rinjel said:

None of the administration has given an answer why they do not want to give the current server an arcade of collisions on the road.

Leave the simulation server as it is and let the main audience play there, this is your decision and your right. But what's the problem just to take and add to one server collisions and call it # 4 Arcade.

There is no single reason, financial or physical, or programmatic to prescribe this rule. Why do you shy away from answering?



Im not from Admin team, but the answer, apart from a bit long, is quite simple and common sense:

- Putting collisions in Arcade is basically rebuilding EU2, which the objective was to put an end to due to it's infinite count of problems.
- Putting collisions on a rule-less, limit-less server, violates the respect and right for everyone to play and enjoy their time playing. You practise this violation by interfering with some else's game, for example crashing (and Yes,  this will happen in Simulation, but Rules are backing it up against).
- What you call "main audience" is in reality the "Wrong Majority" by fact. The "Right Minority" ones were neglected for years, being that TMP's goal was initially aimed to the Multiplayer Simulation experience. This minority (which was once the majority before rulebreakers came along), some of them had to cope with the rulebreakers to play this game; the other ones got fed up of being neglected and left. By this mistake, TMP allowed the rulebreakers in, in such a way that all kind of rules were being broke HOURLY.
- Financial, physical or programmatic related justifications are just irrelevant. The reasons to not return with a collision high speed server are mentioned above.
- Arguments like "It's boring to play slow/without collisions", "Takes too much time", "I can't drive fast", "I am a good driver even speeding", are just masked, invalid reasons to make a non-existant point within a simulative environment - It's just wrong, wether you like it or not. Trying to justify this change as "ridiculous" based on one of said arguments or similar, are the kind of players who are here to have fun ruining other player's. These are the kind of TMP players that can leave, they won't be missed.

Never too much to remember...
SIMULATION: For players interested in the closest experience possible in community of a Truck Simulation game, with traffic rules and colllisions, limited speeds.
ARCADE: For players aiming at a more relaxed freeroam experience in community, with no road rules or other players safety to take into account. No speed limit.

  • Like 1
  • Upvote 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, Rinjel said:

None of the administration has given an answer why they do not want to give the current server an arcade of collisions on the road.

Leave the simulation server as it is and let the main audience play there, this is your decision and your right. But what's the problem just to take and add to one server collisions and call it # 4 Arcade.

There is no single reason, financial or physical, or programmatic to prescribe this rule. Why do you shy away from answering?

tbh I actually would love to see one of the Arcade servers having collisions, then there would be a server for everyone and alot of the unhappyness and anger about these changes would be no more or not too many at least

The push towards simulation and trying to focus more on that is actually a good thing and great for all the sim players and this is Simulation game but it is also not a hard core simulator, its a game that allows for a mix of both sim and arcade play. There are an awful lot of players who like a more relaxed fun style of play, myself included, many who like to speed and can control it but respect other slower players and traffic jams while you do still have those reckless players who will not and will overtake no matter what or whos coming but there are many more players then those type, also many players who still do jobs just like Sim players but who may like to speed up on longer journeys when driving on quite motorways. 

While these changes are fantastic for Sim players for all these other players they are not as not many players want to play on NCZ servers, EU4 was always a quite server and that was for a reason and now people are left with a choice of either being limited to 110km/h or being stuck on a ncz server, there is no inbetween but one arcade server with collisions would solve all this.

 

We just have to hope that they decide to make one of the arcade servers have collisions

 

  • Love it! 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

26 minutes ago, Killua // Ireland ^_^ said:

tbh I actually would love to see one of the Arcade servers having collisions, then there would be a server for everyone and alot of the unhappyness and anger about these changes would be no more or not too many at least

The push towards simulation and trying to focus more on that is actually a good thing and great for all the sim players and this is Simulation game but it is also not a hard core simulator, its a game that allows for a mix of both sim and arcade play. There are an awful lot of players who like a more relaxed fun style of play, myself included, many who like to speed and can control it but respect other slower players and traffic jams while you do still have those reckless players who will not and will overtake no matter what or whos coming but there are many more players then those type, also many players who still do jobs just like Sim players but who may like to speed up on longer journeys when driving on quite motorways. 

While these changes are fantastic for Sim players for all these other players they are not as not many players want to play on NCZ servers, EU4 was always a quite server and that was for a reason and now people are left with a choice of either being limited to 110km/h or being stuck on a ncz server, there is no inbetween but one arcade server with collisions would solve all this.

 

We just have to hope that they decide to make one of the arcade servers have collisions

 



I've stated many reasons why I don't support this, it's the same as rebuilding EU2. We all know why these changes happened and why EU2 had to be over.

BUT ACTUALLY... I would support Arcade Server w/ collisions on, WITH THE SAME RULES they have at this moment - This means NO Road Rules, no REPORTS being dealt FOR Ramming-Crashing-Griefing-Trolling-Reckless.
Basically, no IG Moderation supporting anything related to road rules - you would be there AT YOUR OWN RISK. If one's having a terrible gameplay experience with no support at all, It would be by one's OWN will. Then I will support it.

  • Like 1
  • Upvote 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We will see who is truly in majority, my first session on ETS2: SIM1 was a pleasant experience. I was driving around Germany  discovering new roads, almost everybody driving like sane person. Nobody overturned my truck or send me flying into the black nothingness, appart from few very minor incidents, everything was peaceful, even met some streaming staff members.

Of course I won't go anywhere near the death road, as I am sure the usual occupants from old EU2 are now flocking around there on SIM1 for some reason, and I advice everyone to do the same until it calms down, when they start getting each other banned.

  • Like 1
  • Upvote 2
  • True Story 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Me getting flung into the air is something I never experienced from players. But most areas such as Calais or Duisburg is crowded. Even the low-end pcs wouldn't handle that much amount of players.

Edit: I am probably going to stick with the Arcade servers. I will wait and see what happens in the future.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest Hecki_Stafman

The point is: The players knew what to expected on the old #EU2 server, and the server was full on prime time. 

They get what they wanted and came back all the time.

They got angry because of the idiots, but they came back.

 

Today I saw as much of wrong-way drivers I have never seen before on one week and people, who don't care anymore about the rules. Maybe they gave up and with this indifference they're expecting a ban which will help can't logging in again. 
And I think the numbers of players are going down in next days.

But let's see how it develops.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

×
×
  • Create New...