Just noticed this...

MaffewE

I've noticed a few people being reported/banned for real world mistakes? 

For example someone cuts a corner off in the video below and I've had this happen to me a fair few times, yet this is a 'real world' mistake. Yes, I do drive and own a car and I'm not a 15 year old. I've encountered many of these things in real-world scenario's yet they're not technically the best thing to do but I do believe there is a few people being OTT.

Obviously I'm nit-picking and it's not the correct way of driving but half the time it adds to the point of realistic driving because no-ones perfect, everyone makes mistakes but it seems like below if you make a mistake you're getting slaughtered for it.

I wish people would stop being fussy, what happens if someone did a U-Turn in front of you? Yeah, it's not right but it happens? You can't ban a person in real so get on with it.

I honestly don't play this as often as I'd like due to the fact it's not fun when you're driving and worried about someone reporting you, getting banned all the time, it's not fun and it actually gets annoying with a feeling every time someone is near you that you're going to get kicked for slightly over-steering.

Kind regards,

Matthew

No offence but that's unrealistic, I've had someone execute a U-Turn on a 50MPH road so tell me this, how did I and the queue of cars behind me also have enough time to slow down and let the person execute their stupid mistake? I get your point but it's unrealistic, you'd have to have someone caught right in front of you doing so not to stop. I don't know if you drive or if anyone else drives on here but I've already had a colleague agree that some of these are real-world mistakes and therefore you don't get pulled over by the police for someone cutting a corner in front of you?

Either people reporting need to calm down and step back or there needs to be less of a rules server seen as no offence unless someone crashes into you or causes what would be deemed a major accident I don't see your point? - Besides the fact of the video I linked above the last clip both trucks stopped no problem so your video evidence wasn't relevant.

You'd get kicked or reported on ETS for this, when they're blocking the road... yet again a 'real world mistake'.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B8s3G7iZGmg&t=176

Since we can't give ticket like in real life. We give ban / kick.

Think you need a warning system, obviously not if you crash but in reality it's stupid, I can't be nice about it no matter how hard I try because it's actually so sensitive, it seems someone goes OH NO HE'S TURNED SLIGHTLY LEFT WHEN HE'S GOING RIGHT! BAN HIM!

in other words: Because cutting a corner IRL and comming across a nice shiny "Scania" badge right infront of your face ain't cool

It's a game. I've been the victim of being bullied by a German DAF who tail-gated me for at least two miles for no reason and also honked a horn at me for a prolonged period of time. That was real, I wasn't impressed but I couldn't 'kick' the user could I? The point you're making is valid but like I said, it's a game. You have time to stop unless you're already on the corner stopped and they got 'kicked' for slightly crossing the line where the vehicle was halfway down the road.

You expect people to drive with perfection, now the question is I'd like to see people that think they're perfect drive a real vehicle and I'll drive behind and pick out every mistake and flaw they make just to prove a point as it seems this is what the above is doing?

Kind regards,

Matthew

To be quite honest, if there were no rules on this server, things would be even more crazy than they are.

But to say this game isn't enjoyable is a little OTT, if you drive correctly then you shouldn't really have anything to worry about.

In most cases we ban what we see and if you're not doing anything wrong then don't worry.

If you are worried about these things, then why don't you record your journeys so you have back up evidence, if anything arises to make you more at ease and any evidence you have we can use to punish players for wrong doing.

Plus you don't know what people get tickets for IRL because with all the CCTV around most get the tickets in the post, I know this from first hand experience because I was the one sending the tickets, when I worked for a local council authority.

I think maybe you are going a bit over board with regards to online and that if you saw what we see on a daily bases, you to would think that the bans or kicks are justified.

Our aim as Admins is to keep the server safe from others crashing into you and to try and keep the server clean and accident free. If we didn't then reports would be flowing in complaining that us Admins are not doing our jobs and so forth.

This game is still fun and you too can enjoy the game again.

If you ever wanna cruise together let me know.

Regards

Spencer

MY Ingame Status:image.png

In game rules can be found here:https://forum.truckersmp.com/index.php?/forum/115-in-game-rules/

Maff, there's one more issue that (probably) is adressed in posts above:

You log in, drive a bit, some troll comes, messed you up; You load your save, you go to the company again, get your trailer and drive off, in a bit another troll f***s you up, then it repeats  over and over again - People play this game to relax - at some point such trolls will force you to stop playing, and what's the point for of efforts when players don't even play anymore because everytime you log in, someone crashes into you and you have to a) finish the job w/ badly damaged combo or b ) keep starting all over again

To be quite honest, if there were no rules on this server, things would be even more crazy than they are.

But to say this game isn't enjoyable is a little OTT, if you drive correctly then you shouldn't really have anything to worry about.

In most cases we ban what we see and if you're not doing anything wrong then don't worry.

If you are worried about these things, then why don't you record your journeys so you have back up evidence, if anything arises to make you more at ease and any evidence you have we can use to punish players for wrong doing.

Plus you don't know what people get tickets for IRL because with all the CCTV around most get the tickets in the post, I know this from first hand experience because I was the one sending the tickets, when I worked for a local council authority.

I think maybe you are going a bit over board with regards to online and that if you saw what we see on a daily bases, you to would think that the bans or kicks are justified.

Our aim as Admins is to keep the server safe from others crashing into you and to try and keep the server clean and accident free. If we didn't then reports would be flowing in complaining that us Admins are not doing our jobs and so forth.

Regards

Spencer

I'm not saying it's un-enjoyable. I believe things like this have a limit, there is a 'limit' to what is counted as absolutely ridiculous and what is a genuine mistake or like I've said 'real world error' that everyone does at some point.

Nor do I disagree with all the rules or how they're executed but rather how petit some of them are, for the example used above of someone cutting a corner very slightly and being 'reported'. Right, okay it's an inconvenience but it takes the fun out of it. I said this in another post; If you want to drive a HGV realistically, go ahead, do it no-ones stopping you. If you want everyone to drive it like the book, go and get a real vehicle and do it. It's a game. There's a fine limit between realistic and fun & realistic and boring, this seems to edge towards the boring side more and more after things like this.

I personally don't want to argue or debate this, I have nothing personally against anyone and I'm actually a very approachable person who's always willing to help out. I'm aware of the ticketing system IRL and how it works, I work for the NHS which you'll be well aware of and therefore we have to work with the council to ticket people for various reasons and also distinguish to the police people who were driving incorrectly and the evidence against them.

I understand the whole role you play, I moderated a as an Administrator forum and got abuse for banning users that I deemed to have unacceptable comments and it caused upraw. I'm aware of the role you need to play and such but you surely see my point and how it's justified to the point where you get punished for a mistake, albeit a little one. The accident thing I also understand seen as you don't want anyone crashing into you but if they didn't crash into you and it's a one-off then surely it's not so bad? People with over '1000' above their name and so forth get kicked, when surely they wouldn't have that number if they weren't a good driver - you can't be flawless and perfect all the time, nor am I.

I record my driving in real for this reason, as I get your point but it's not going to help when you know you've done a mistake but by that point it's too late.

There should be a warning system i.e. you execute a corner-cut and a popup appears on the screen (not in your face cause that would impair your driving) saying you've done ____ such and such of an offence and we advise you to take more care next time, be aware of your surroundings and speed and adjust accordingly. Rather than penalising the driver instantly? Surely you've got to agree with this point? Obviously if you repeat offences then I agree, it's justified to ban, kick whatever but not for a one-off.

Kind regards,

Matthew

The thing you don't see is if it was a one off, most of these players have done similar things in the past and I agree with say corner cutting, it happens a lot when players don't judge the corner too well, this indeed happens IRL all too often.

Most of what I see in the top video are justified kicks, most were overtaking on solid white lines, some are making u-turns without looking which in real can kill, my friend is no longer with us due to someone making a u-turn without looking.

But if the players on the server gave everyone a bit of respect, then we wouldn't be here discussing this right now.

Regards

Spencer

MY Ingame Status:image.png

In game rules can be found here:https://forum.truckersmp.com/index.php?/forum/115-in-game-rules/

When I watch those crash compilation videos sometimes it makes me scared to go play mp because I know what is waiting there. Some peoples ignore almost all basic traffic rules and forget there are other players in game. Kicks and bans purpose is to make game safer for players but I think kick/ban reason is also send wake up call to players to see they need to respect other players and maybe they learn from mistakes after few hours/days off game thinking what they have done.

The thing you don't see is if it was a one off, most of these players have done similar things in the past and I agree with say corner cutting, it happens a lot when players don't judge the corner too well, this indeed happens IRL all too often.

Most of what I see in the top video are justified kicks, most were overtaking on solid white lines, some are making u-turns without looking which in real can kill, my friend is no longer with us due to someone making a u-turn without looking.

But if the players on the server gave everyone a bit of respect, then we wouldn't be here discussing this right now.

Regards

Spencer

Most of them were ban's so I'm aware and  I'm not saying it's not dangerous, I've had people almost take my front end off by pulling out in front of me blind and could've easily caused a serious RTC. The thing I'm saying is, it's a game and luckily you can't die on a game, although I'm sorry to hear about your friend.

I do believe everyone needs to calm down in a sense, to the point where if someone makes a mistake you honestly tell them and say "Oh i see you made a mistake" rather than, you deserve a ban for that. Luckily nothing on this game can cause harm or kill therefore I do believe seen as it's a game there does need to be a calm resolution rather than jumping to the worst conclusion possible.

Regards,

Matthew

When I watch those crash compilation videos sometimes it makes me scared to go play mp because I know what is waiting there. Some peoples ignore almost all basic traffic rules and forget there are other players in game. Kicks and bans purpose is to make game safer for players but I think kick/ban reason is also send wake up call to players to see they need to respect other players and maybe they learn from mistakes after few hours/days off game thinking what they have done.

Like I said, it's a game. I get you don't want people to crash into you and I like a bit of realism but no-one is perfect. I don't fully get why you're scared seen as it's a game and no one can harm you by crashing into or cutting a corner? But that's like penalising you for cutting a corner and not letting you play for 5 days because you did, you'd be furious?

Kind regards,

Matthew

No offence but that's unrealistic, I've had someone execute a U-Turn on a 50MPH road so tell me this, how did I and the queue of cars behind me also have enough time to slow down and let the person execute their stupid mistake? I get your point but it's unrealistic, you'd have to have someone caught right in front of you doing so not to stop. I don't know if you drive or if anyone else drives on here but I've already had a colleague agree that some of these are real-world mistakes and therefore you don't get pulled over by the police for someone cutting a corner in front of you?

Either people reporting need to calm down and step back or there needs to be less of a rules server seen as no offence unless someone crashes into you or causes what would be deemed a major accident I don't see your point? - Besides the fact of the video I linked above the last clip both trucks stopped no problem so your video evidence wasn't relevant.

First most BMW drivers can't drive worth a damn

Second 90+% of the world can't drive worth a damn

I think I clipped the corner into ep the day before I got banned (trailer less) but it was funny because I managed to slide in and out of the way of the spawning trucks. Idlers had a good chuckle at my mistike and so did i.

Most of that video in the first post are deliberate, if a good drive makes a mistake it's usually funny. A few of my videos have such things.

Signature removed by a wondering ghost

SUS0M9O.gif

I use a dashcam in real life as well as in this game, and in both cases I would really only report deliberately dangerous driving, not just what I would consider 'oops' moments which anyone can have.

Yesterday irl driving home a camper van pulled out from a side road onto a 60mph dual carriageway without stopping, looking, going slowly, no attempt to accelerate, and swerved across to the overtaking lane... nearly caused the car in front of me to crash. Sometimes I wish it could be easier to get drivers banned in real life!

Mostly I think the in game penalties seem ok but yes a proper warning system will be a good addition.

Regards

Spencer

I'm Nat_UK on this video, at like 0:36 seconds, yes I am making a u turn, I went the wrong way. I was in a convoy and thought i'm going to lose this convoy at this rate, if I went inside europort I thought I would lose it, as I had been waiting a while for a convoy with 2 of my mates. Why didn't I message them on skype? I don't use skype due to people ddosing other people by grabbing their ips. I didn't have time to type in the chat because I would of crashed & they weren't in my tab list. Alright I panicked, and I thought it was clear so I tried to do a quick u turn and I smashed my truck into the barrier which slow me completely down. I admit it i'm in the wrong here, however I think it was a bit unfair (I can't see when my ban expires) I didn't want to make an appeal because I didn't know how long it was, if it was like a couple of hours I didn't want to cause a fuss. I respect your rules and I admit i'm in the wrong, however I have left a lot of time before creating a message like this or an ban appeal. I know admins here take the job seriously and are just doing their job. So if you could, could you tell me when my ban expires? The reason is too big (youtube link) and i can't see when it expires. But I agree Matt, we all make mistakes from time to time and this is my mistake. I don't normally make mistakes while driving, I respect other road users and i'm a lot friendlier than other people, I let people out, I wait for people and i'm patience. In all fairness I don't mind a good traffic jam on EuroTruck it makes the game more realistic however, this is NOT why I did it as stated before it was a mistake and I regret doing it.  I didn't get a warning or a "kick" in all fairness I would of warned the user by kicking them and reason: Please do not make a u-turn here. For me that would be enough to think, ah right i'm in the wrong here sorry won't happen again. So all i'm asking at the moment is how long is my ban Nat_UK, and if you're in a good mood give me another chance, I know i'm posting in the wrong section but this thread has court my attention. Not being a noob here but what software could I record this game, OBS? I've used that before but never recorded. 

Thanks for listening,

Nathaniel 

I'm Nat_UK on this video, at like 0:36 seconds, yes I am making a u turn, I went the wrong way. I was in a convoy and thought i'm going to lose this convoy at this rate, if I went inside europort I thought I would lose it, as I had been waiting a while for a convoy with 2 of my mates. Why didn't I message them on skype? I don't use skype due to people ddosing other people by grabbing their ips. I didn't have time to type in the chat because I would of crashed & they weren't in my tab list. Alright I panicked, and I thought it was clear so I tried to do a quick u turn and I smashed my truck into the barrier which slow me completely down. I admit it i'm in the wrong here, however I think it was a bit unfair (I can't see when my ban expires) I didn't want to make an appeal because I didn't know how long it was, if it was like a couple of hours I didn't want to cause a fuss. I respect your rules and I admit i'm in the wrong, however I have left a lot of time before creating a message like this or an ban appeal. I know admins here take the job seriously and are just doing their job. So if you could, could you tell me when my ban expires? The reason is too big (youtube link) and i can't see when it expires. But I agree Matt, we all make mistakes from time to time and this is my mistake. I don't normally make mistakes while driving, I respect other road users and i'm a lot friendlier than other people, I let people out, I wait for people and i'm patience. In all fairness I don't mind a good traffic jam on EuroTruck it makes the game more realistic however, this is NOT why I did it as stated before it was a mistake and I regret doing it.  I didn't get a warning or a "kick" in all fairness I would of warned the user by kicking them and reason: Please do not make a u-turn here. For me that would be enough to think, ah right i'm in the wrong here sorry won't happen again. So all i'm asking at the moment is how long is my ban Nat_UK, and if you're in a good mood give me another chance, I know i'm posting in the wrong section but this thread has court my attention. Not being a noob here but what software could I record this game, OBS? I've used that before but never recorded. 

Thanks for listening,

Nathaniel 

i have send you a pm 

Thanks for listening,

Nathaniel 

You could use the likes of FRAPS or anything really, although I tend to find they create massive files so you'd have to delete them if you didn't want them, trim/shrink if anything but there is plenty of software out there that records your desktop i.e. what you see regardless of the window open.

As a Network administrator if you have a problem with 'Denial of Service' DDOS attacks then feel free to ask, I'll see if I can sort something out, out of goodwill. No-one likes a child when it comes to computers and therefore I'm willing to help :-) Hope you get an explanation too.

First most BMW drivers can't drive worth a damn

Second 90+% of the world can't drive worth a damn

I think I clipped the corner into ep the day before I got banned (trailer less) but it was funny because I managed to slide in and out of the way of the spawning trucks. Idlers had a good chuckle at my mistike and so did i.

Most of that video in the first post are deliberate, if a good drive makes a mistake it's usually funny. A few of my videos have such things.

Found that a lot, BMW (All types) and Range-Rovers tend to be some of the worst, to the fact where I almost crashed two days ago because  Range-Rover refused to pull into the other lane so that I could pull off the slip road so I had to brake and it was just stupid. 

I agree, mistakes can be funny and we should just laugh it off :-)

I use a dashcam in real life as well as in this game, and in both cases I would really only report deliberately dangerous driving, not just what I would consider 'oops' moments which anyone can have.

Yesterday irl driving home a camper van pulled out from a side road onto a 60mph dual carriageway without stopping, looking, going slowly, no attempt to accelerate, and swerved across to the overtaking lane... nearly caused the car in front of me to crash. Sometimes I wish it could be easier to get drivers banned in real life!

Mostly I think the in game penalties seem ok but yes a proper warning system will be a good addition.

Indeed I am the same wish a Dashcam, it's unfortunately too easy to get drivers banned on here rather than kicked and impossible in real life. Although if you suspect dangerous driving post a youtube video of the evidence and submit it to the police or ask them to see it on twitter or something, I guess that's a quick way of showing them.

Should get points like an actual car phaha

Kind regards,

Matthew

• 1 month later...
  • Matt unlocked and locked this topic

Archived