Will the speed limit of 150km / h be removed?

Mohammad Afzooni

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hello,

Sadly the speed limit won't be removed any time soon I've seen people make suggestions in "new suggestion" page but there reply is "declined" Sometimes I ask why we have this speed limit but this really comes in handy when people are overtaking with high speeds, and it reduce the amount of crashes being created by high speeds in traffic. 

Stay happy and safe

I don't think it will ever be removed, because trucks don't generally go over 90km/h. We're pretty lucky already to be able to go 150km/h.

Also, imagine driving 200km/h and all of a sudden you see a sharp corner. It's much easier to slow down when driving 150km/h then it is when driving 200km/h

<--> | English / Dutch | <-->

< Need help with anything? >

< Someone broke the rules? >

< Got banned unfairly? >

Personally, I do not see why anyone needs to go above 90, let alone 150. There are already enough speed related issues with it being limited to 150, that making the limit any higher would not make any sense. 150 is plenty fast enough to be going around on these servers, and already breaks all the EU speed limits as it is :P

So I see no need, and would not believe in the slightest, that the 150 limit would ever be lifted.

TruckersMP Retired Game Moderator

Hi there,

At this stage, we have no plans on removing the speed limit from our servers. I do believe we are still wanting to remove it from EU4, but that is still been worked on. 

As much as there has been some negative feedback around the speed limiter, we do believe that is has reduced the number of incidents around the map on an average, and brought a different sense of realism to TruckersMP.

I choose to argue with the fact that accidents have been reduced with the addition of the speed limiter. I still see plenty of ETS2 Fails and funny moments videos on youtube. I honestly feel that having a speed limiter has caused more head-on collisions cause of people not being able to pass slow-moving trucks in passing areas. Yes, it is quicker to stop or to slow down from 150km/h but there are still plenty of rear-end accidents. The only thing that is going to stop accidents or reduce them will be if people learn how to control their truck & drive in a safe manner and being aware of stuff happening around them & if we all play with the same brake intensity. But there will still be accidents cause of human error. But I do think the Speed Limiter is not needed as there is no punishment if you going faster than what the posted speed is.

Most likely not...They put in a speed limiter on their own firm decision, so far that is one of the few times they have done something regardless of (for some people, even against) the communities requests, which means it really must be an important thing for them to have done.

A lot of the players who only played truckersmp at 180 km/h have either left, or don't play it as often. Which is somewhat sad to see some of the original players go, but it was something that needed to be done so the community could be better/safer.

I can really imagine it would stop a lot of crashes, because there would be people driving at 90 km/h, and out of nowhere there would be someone doing 180 km/h, which is extremely bad on any road with turns, because there would be no guarantee that they would be able to take the turn without hitting the slower driver, or flying off the road.

Sure 180 km/h is fun, but if you're playing to have fun at that high of speeds, then hopefully sometime in the future EU4 will be unlimited, where you can't hit other people on accident :P

I personally think that 150 km/h is the perfect limit. The only place i'll drive slower than 100 km/h is in Germany, because the roads are much harder to drive at high speeds but in a lot of places it is still safe to do 110 km/h. My personal limit is 110 km/h (not even 70 mph) so not something crazy or ridiculous. (and I only do it in places that are okay to do it, like the majority of the highways in Scandinavia)

Them having set the speed limit does somewhat show that they are trying to present themself as more serious, though.

Archived