• Announcements

    • LIGHTOFGOD

      Active Recruitments   02/25/18

      Community Moderator Recruitment - 23rd of May to 15th of July 2018   Find out more information, here:     Support Team Recruitment - 14th of July to 14th of August 2018   Find out more information, here:     Add-On Team Recruitment - 14th of July to 14th of August 2018   Find out more information, here:      
GIMIcze

Your opinions on In-game Reports?

Recommended Posts

In game reporting is a joke, every single instance that I've had to report a player no action is taken however 1am EST US when no one is on (less than 400 players) a GM abuses his authority by kicking my wife for NO REASON at all then the guy just sits in front of me in the middle of the road where I'm trying to drop off my load.  I even went back through the logs to see why he just teleported her and then kicked none was given yet some kid can take a car and ram the hell out of me trying to flip my load and nothing is done about it, to me an admin who doesn't take action has the same mentality and should not be in that position of power.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/25/2018 at 7:48 PM, PuddleMud said:

In game reporting is a joke, every single instance that I've had to report a player no action is taken however 1am EST US when no one is on (less than 400 players) a GM abuses his authority by kicking my wife for NO REASON at all then the guy just sits in front of me in the middle of the road where I'm trying to drop off my load.  I even went back through the logs to see why he just teleported her and then kicked none was given yet some kid can take a car and ram the hell out of me trying to flip my load and nothing is done about it, to me an admin who doesn't take action has the same mentality and should not be in that position of power.

 

Always record and if something unjust happens appeal based on vid evidence.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎25‎/‎04‎/‎2018 at 6:48 PM, PuddleMud said:

In game reporting is a joke, every single instance that I've had to report a player no action is taken however 1am EST US when no one is on (less than 400 players) a GM abuses his authority by kicking my wife for NO REASON at all then the guy just sits in front of me in the middle of the road where I'm trying to drop off my load.  I even went back through the logs to see why he just teleported her and then kicked none was given yet some kid can take a car and ram the hell out of me trying to flip my load and nothing is done about it, to me an admin who doesn't take action has the same mentality and should not be in that position of power.

 

In-game reports are an issue at the moment, and that's been recognised. There are just far to many for our team to deal with; we try and deal with as many as we can, but there is only so much we can do. With the current amount of in-game reports that come through our system everyday, we'd need hundreds of Game Moderators to deal with that which is just not feasible. I would agree that improvement is needed, but I wouldn't agree with the system being 'a joke'. We make every effort to deal with in-game reports as they come in, but it's just not possible. Improvements have been made in recent months with the addition of new staff to help. In the future, hopefully we'll see bigger and better improvements.

 

In regards to the issue about Game Moderator abuse: apologies for any inconvenience, but it's not something that can be dealt with on the forums. If you want to take it further, you can contact feedback and they can look into it for you. However, it could have been many reasons from mistaken ID to misjudgement of the situation. Don't be too quick to judge on situations that may not be as simple as you think.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I still like the system, maybe extending the time until report expires may help improve some issues.

Edited by MikeOG

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, Aestrial said:

 

In-game reports are an issue at the moment, and that's been recognised. There are just far to many for our team to deal with; we try and deal with as many as we can, but there is only so much we can do. With the current amount of in-game reports that come through our system everyday, we'd need hundreds of Game Moderators to deal with that which is just not feasible. I would agree that improvement is needed, but I wouldn't agree with the system being 'a joke'. We make every effort to deal with in-game reports as they come in, but it's just not possible. Improvements have been made in recent months with the addition of new staff to help. In the future, hopefully we'll see bigger and better improvements.

 

In regards to the issue about Game Moderator abuse: apologies for any inconvenience, but it's not something that can be dealt with on the forums. If you want to take it further, you can contact feedback and they can look into it for you. However, it could have been many reasons from mistaken ID to misjudgement of the situation. Don't be too quick to judge on situations that may not be as simple as you think.

 

Suggestion, if a report times out change the response to include that information so that the player doesn't feel as if he/she is being ignored, this may resolve a lot of peoples frustrations with the reporting system.  I'm assuming that a timed out report generates a response to the user?

 

The system being "a joke" is more towards the response of the individual not the hard work put into development of system.

 

Also please don't make an excuse for a GM who's actions were not clearly defined that is why they have the ability to put comments as to why your were kicked / banned / teleported.  I absolutely enjoy this game every day I play and appreciate the hard work everyone at TMP to make such an awesome mod and host the events they do but my main goal was not to bash the staff but to voice my opinion.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hello @GIMIcze Of course is better giving reports over TruckersMP.com/reports because in-game for example EU 2 Calais - Duisburg is Reports enought :) and game moderators they will not be able to see report and  your report will delete for 5 minutes 

I want recommende  you use reporting system over Webside :) 

Best Regards : RedWolfTV

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Out of game reports with evidence are always going to be more effective since you have proof backing you. Easy enough to download a recording software and just start it up when you get in game, shut it off at the end and go back and clip what you need and file the report. Easiest and most effective way of reporting.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Armonk said:

Out of game reports with evidence are always going to be more effective since you have proof backing you. Easy enough to download a recording software and just start it up when you get in game, shut it off at the end and go back and clip what you need and file the report. Easiest and move effective way of reporting.

3

@Armonk Not really. The in-game reporting system saves the last two minutes of gameplay when you report someone. This means Game Moderators are able to see who did what to whom. However, the reports have to be claimed by a Game Moderator within ten minutes, otherwise they will get deleted and the creator of the report will get the message in the chat that no action was taken. Since the Game Moderators are really busy at prime time and usually there are quite many reports coming in at once, the chances are pretty high that it won't get claimed in time. To be safe, just record your game sessions and create a report on the homepage if nobody claimed your in-game report.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, StickyEagle said:

@Armonk Not really. The in-game reporting system saves the last two minutes of gameplay when you report someone. This means Game Moderators are able to see who did what to whom. However, the reports have to be claimed by a Game Moderator within ten minutes, otherwise they will get deleted and the creator of the report will get the message in the chat that no action was taken. Since the Game Moderators are really busy at prime time and usually there are quite many reports coming in at once, the chances are pretty high that it won't get claimed in time. To be safe, just record your game sessions and create a report on the homepage if nobody claimed your in-game report.

@StickyEagle Basically agreed with me in the end, since they reports are usually missed with the amount of reports they would receive in 2 minute period, it is still easier to record your gameplay, then just clip the scene of whatever you are reporting and submit it to TMP.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Armonk said:

@StickyEagle Basically agreed with me in the end, since they reports are usually missed with the amount of reports they would receive in 2 minute period, it is still easier to record your gameplay, then just clip the scene of whatever you are reporting and submit it to TMP.

2

@Armonk Game Moderators have ten minutes to claim the report, not two minutes like you said. Reporting in-game is always easier & faster than uploading your evidence and creating a report on the website. I believe the best thing to do is to report the player in-game and see if the GMs take action. If not, you report the player on the website and if they do take action in-game, you've saved time because you don't have to create a report on the website.:)

Edited by StickyEagle
  • True Story 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.