I just thought of this :)) Veterans Server or over 18s

Hey_Wtf

Suggestion Name: Veteran server

Suggestion Description: A server for veterans or over 18s to play on,if you are not a veteran you have to show some ID to an in game admin too be approved to drive on the server.

Any example images: :P 

Why should it be added?:

Well we all know about the newbees that are just here to cause mahem,after 1 year they do seem to settle down + the majority of 18 year old understands more about the game and road rules.

The server will not have speed limits as the majority of members prefer not to have, as all veterans know when to slow down :P 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

Things That Make You Go Hmmmmmdff40m.png

I don't think this idea is going to work too well. I like the idea and all its just a bit too much work? If you wish to drive on a server where people understand rules more, than i would advise using EU1, and EU3 as they're both quiet ish and driving standards are genreally quite good on there.

• Upvote 1

A picture of there driving licence or something else,only to be viewed by an ingame Admin.

I see that I did not think about kids borrowing there dads licence :P oh well another wasted topic,but hey it was fairly good? :P 

Edited by Hey_Wtf
  • Like 1

I get what you're saying but most people like the chaos of eu2. However this would be a good idea to try on eu3 which is empty most of the time!

2 hours ago, MrHarv98 said:

Wait, Weren't you bored of MP ? 

Back on topic, Servers are expensive and having another server for special people is useless

Big fat -1

Hey :D I do not drive on Mp,period,but i do watch those kids or wreckless drivers that cause me to laugh at there stupidity on you tube,it is complete mayhem,tyhis goes on all over the map,they do not record as some can not be bothard or they have not got a powerful enough pc, it is so easy for kids driving there carsd and side swip a truck,the truck crashes and the driver speeds of down the road, only trying to show all you admins and devs that alot of ** goes on,on the servers that is not actually seen,so I did put a little sugestion in it place,make EU2 only be available to veterans or over 18s and make the other newbees go on EU1 with speed limits

Edited by PrototypeGR
Removed Profanity

-1 Buy a DLC like France, going east or Scandinavia. Usually people up there take the game seriously since they bought an additional pack, and there are around the same amount of people on EU2 during peak times as there would be during a specific server for veteran drivers or 18 year olds. Making a server like that will just take away from the populated EU2 which is what me and a lot of people enjoy.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

I like the idea of this myself but logistically I fear it wouldn't work. It would separate players/friends not able to drive together anything. It would most likely become another server that has only a few drivers on it. That's my 2¢ anyway.

This is just a waste of server if it ever comes online. It the "Veteran Server" is located for example Europe, then people from Asia, SA, etc wont be able to join..

So -1

Servers are expensive, and to be honest, just because your over 18, doesn't mean your a good driver who won't troll. I've met many people who are over 18, and are still unable to abide by the rules.

No real need for this, so a -1 from me.

• Upvote 1

Aestrial | Former Game and Community Manager

Are you banned?Report a player - Help - Global rules - Staff recruitment - Complaints/feedback

No existe gran talento sin gran voluntad.

Big -1 you have to remember that: 

insome countries, you can get your drivers license at 16 years old

there are plenty of noob drivers and trolls who are way over 18 years old

not everyone wants to drive on a server where every player drives like perfect AI, mat aay as well play singleplayer then. 

There are are so many negatives to this idea that it's useless trying to list them all. Also, and not torso no mean or anything, but if you really have not played MP and only watched crash compilations on YT, well then how can you pass judgement on the entire community?

i for one can safely say that in my 2-3 years of playing online, I've actually accumulated more driven hours where I've had zero issues with other drivers than I have had otherwise, hell I'd say you have more chance of finding a troll in GTA online than in ETS2MP or ATSMP.

also, I'm sorry to say but, saying that anyone under 18 is effectively singled out as a noobor troll or bad player is unfair, age does not dictate skill level or driving behaviour, he'll I've seen guys in their late 30s and older act like 5 year olds with their, "my first truck" toy, on the flip side, I've met 13, 14, 15 year olds who can out drive and out manoeuvre 20 and 30 year olds in game,.

a more sensible idea would be to create a scoring system where for each successful trip that you complete by following the rules and avoiding accidents, you earn points,negative points are awarded for recklessness and rule breaking as well as awarded punishments, but essentially, if your scored points is passed x amount, you have the option of applying to get special status online, but if you troll or do anything, your title and entitlements are removed. That way it removes any dependencies or stereotyping that anyone under x age is a troll etcetc, like your idea brings up. Instead it's based totally on skill and behaviour which is characteristics no matter your overalll age. 

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, cammue said:

What makes a veteran driver? Honestly I've been playing the game and MP mod for many years now, would I not be considered a veteran simply because I have rarely used these forums even though I've been driving for much longer than most people in this community? 

You get Veteran Driver status only on the forums after you've been a member for a year.

With a well functioning ban system, disrespectful drivers will be eliminated immediately. I suggest that, the accidents that occur due to the users who are not waiting while leaving the non-collision regions must be included in the ban process. Another option is enable collision on all servers. So if someone is driving without a brain and it is causing an accident, I can report it. 

• Like 1

having a year does not necessarily mean any maturity. anyone could be aged 40 or 60 and still be immature. having an ID also doesn't prove any maturity, it's a simplest form of identity. there's a difference.. plus it's virtual - same thing with how GTA or any other game that asks for everyone's ages but have no right to ask for proof of ID. it just. won't happen.

Ex - GM & FM (S.E.A)

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.