Tab Menu Map

.StεvƐ.

Suggestion Name: Tab Menu Map

Suggestion Description: To add either a link to the Real Time Map whilst in game or a option to enable a small overlay map on the Tab Menu that can be scaled to show Real time positioning of other players on the map.

Any example images: no

Why should it be added?: This will allow for faster route mapping to avoid problem areas on the map, it also can give the admins/developers a way to mark up any highly congested areas or accidents to inform more people heading towards these areas about what is happening and to make a decision whether to continue or change routes.

In my honest opinion, having a way to access the Real time map without having to Alt Tab out of the game or having to remember to check the website every time I want to go for a run is a plus, yes some can argue that it can be used as a tool for trolling others, such as trolls being able to pick out victims from a long distance away etc., but on the flip side, it can be used as a create way to keep a track of trolls and to spot them before you get too close to avoid them. Not only that, but, depending on the issues, the option could only be available when stationary and off of the road, much like other things such as screenshots and saving/loading.

To me, it brings a great opportunity to expand the information that is able to be given to a player at any given time and allows for careful planning of routes, such as, if there's a wreck at EP, if its not announced in chat by other players or admins to avoid the area, more and more people at the moment pile into the area, causing lag and issues, having a real time map that can be checked can be a last line of defence meaning players can see that there's a mess at EP before embarking on a ferry or being on the roads into EP/Rotterdam allowing us to make the decision whether to change routes and go the longer route around but avoid the issues or to risk it and take the chance.

• Upvote 5

I think that this is a great idea. It would make it much easier to identity congested areas of the map, and such able you to plan your route to avoid them. It would also save time, as you wouldn't have to stop and load it up via your browser.

Regards.

High End Transport, Driver | WoTRDB, Support and Translator | Freelance Virtual Photographer                                          

KVVcvfk.jpg

Excellence In Motion

This would be nice to see on the full size map (M) since it is already there for the 500m radius it could be implemented for the whole map.

+1

Kind Regards,

El1teZombiezHD

[TruckersMP Retired Team Member (Ex-Game Moderator)]

If you are replying to me, please @mention me (@El1teZombiezHD ) or quote my message otherwise I may not respond

The blips are already on the map. However the blips only show players 500m around you. Devs wouldn't need to add any mods or anything.

• Upvote 1

Kind Regards,

El1teZombiezHD

[TruckersMP Retired Team Member (Ex-Game Moderator)]

If you are replying to me, please @mention me (@El1teZombiezHD ) or quote my message otherwise I may not respond

^not necessarily, also, the GPS only shows people within your local area, not map wide, this what my idea is for, to give the option to see everyone on the map, making it easier to determine whether a certain route, i.e, passing through EP, is a good shot as its clear or not while ingame instead of having to Alt Tab or check the webpage every time you want to drive. it just makes things a lot easier. Also, to address your second point, it will not "clutter" your HUD as its just like any of the other menus in the game and the MP mod, its toggled, so you can choose to bring iit up in the Tab menu or leave it off etc, the only way itll clutter your HUD is if you run with normal GPS on, Tab menu open and map open as well as mirrors etc all turned on, even now, having the GPS open and Virual mirrors on clutters the screen anyway.... just saying.

Edited by megadethsteve666

^what im saying is this, yes theres the map on the webpage, but do people really want to have to wait for a separate webpage to open to see the map, also, unless you are tabbed out of the game, you cannot see the map ingame. Whereas my idea is to incorporate it into the game so that its easier for all players to find the map and use it, especially ingame, I mean, who wants to go into the game, have to tab out to look at the map to decide whether the route that they want to take isn't going to be a wreckfest? it makes life more simple for all involved, as I said before, its also a help to admins as they can use it to track specific players who have been reported to have been causing trouble, instead of having to TP around the map for unnecessary reasons. Furthermore, looka t it like this, it makes the radio DJs have an easier job when doing the traffic news and also opens the door for a revised version of the map that can show problem areas clearly on the map when things happen, meaning you can redirect your routing WITHOUT having to tab in and out of the game all the time to see whats happening.

^perhaps, but then again, anything that is added can be used as a reason to add more traffic at Rotterlag, I mean, when SCS brings out the rebuild of the DAF XF, whereas all the people going to be? Rotterdam. Anything that is added to the game could potentially add to the traffic at EP and Rotterdam. But this is more for the more sensible drivers who want to avoid problem areas during a run, say your run is from Frankfurt to Paris, yet theres some kind of accident/troll on the way, surely its better to be able to look at your route and see how bad traffic is on your route before setting off, even if you don't change your route, at least you can be more prepared for what might happen ahead, kind of like the UK motorways when miles before something the overhead signs warn you of what is up ahead between junctions x and y so you as a driver can make the decision to press on or change to a different road to avoid the hold up.

On 2016-08-03 at 4:46 AM, Smalley said:

+support

It would also benefit when it comes to TruckSimRadio or Truckers.fm when they're doing their traffic reports & updates

Haha true! On the radio they should do Traffic reports &Update's on the radio to make it easier to drive without any problems on the road! :)

Edited by Square Fenix
Change "Road" to "radio"

^personally I wish there was a system that warned off an incident, particularly in a bad spot like EP and Rotterdam or Calais. Not all of us listen to TSR or TFM, personally I listen to a Radio Station on my Tablet that is local to me which has my taste of music on all the time, so I never hear the  traffic bulletins on the TMP Radio stations, so the first sign of trouble is when I roll up on scene at 50+MPH and have to slam the brakes with full Retarder and al that good stuff to avoid a pile up..

• 2 weeks later...

Hmm, This is a hard one to answer... looking at the reply's most people want this feature... but i kinda agree to disagree. Maybe not on the tab menu as such but maybe adding blips of all players on the map of the whole game that you can access by pressing M on keyboard. That would be cool.

So from what i have just said... for once i'm going to say +1/-1 :)

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.