Red Light Traffic Offense Rule

Dunchin

Suggestion Name: Red Light Traffic Offense Rule

Suggestion DescriptionYou have 3 chances or warnings if you run into a red light. 

Any example images: No.

Why it should be added?: I want this rule because simply I can't take those people driving into a red light. It causes accidents and the ones who drove into a red light seem to get away from this without blame. Sure, people may apologize and learn better next time, but there are other people who just act like idiots. :angry:

I know that reporting the user can still be done, but it may not work at times. Don't know if this is a great idea or not. 

Edited by Dodge Charger
  • Upvote 4

I agree there should be some form of rule against it (if there isn't already) however I personally think the warning system you suggested would be too difficult for the team to keep track of

jarfull.png         

@DavidOC93 : if they cause an accident when driving through on a red light, it really is a bannable offence, not just a kick..... ( like every other accident people might cause )

Dude, this is an internet forum. You can't expect people to read stuff. Jeez.

And we want players who can behave, I'm afraid we can't have what we want :(

"Just remember...if the world didn't suck, we'd all fall off. "

-1 for me.

This is common sense and good behavior on the road, but I don't believe that be necessary any "rules", especially any punishment like a ban or kick.

Many player don't follow a "simple rules" like a "Don't park in Europort", therefore, this case is "so little" to worry. The servers are very big and with others problems to care. 

Anyway, the traffic fines can be disabled in the game configuration,  so that no penalties, therefore, without effect.

76561198274653564.png

-1, although it is annoying when people scream through intersections at red, as long as theyre not hurting anyone, it cant be a kickable or bannable offence.

Personally every red light I stop at it, even if its a "blocked" intersection, just for that realism, but as long as the jumpers don't cause an accident or a near miss, they should be left alone.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, FlyingDutchman said:

However if the player drives through a red light without a accident we don't enforce this.

I do not want to create a heated debate, but if the game had no red lights, this would become like a Monster Truck Simulator now.

Imagine if it was applied in real life, mother of mercy...

Edit: The game is focused on realism as possible. I don't think people would drive through red lights in real life, right?

Edited by Dodge Charger

@Dodge Charger a debate is good as long it's productive.

like i said in mine previous post, if they run a red light and cause accident in any kind or shape then yeah they will receive a ban.

but you have to understand that sometimes it can happen accidental, that happen also in real life (correct me if i'm wrong)

yes i do agree if they doing it intentional just reckless through red without even looking, surely they won't get away with it.

and the players can help us with it by reporting these players in-game or on our website.

22 hours ago, Dodge Charger said:

I do not want to create a heated debate, but if the game had no red lights, this would become like a Monster Truck Simulator now.

Imagine if it was applied in real life, mother of mercy...

Edit: The game is focused on realism as possible. I don't think people would drive through red lights in real life, right?

sadly people DO run red lights IRL, hence why theres so many accidents at intersections where people think they can make it before traffic is released, only to miss time it and careen into innocent drivers. So in a way, people running reds in MP IS realistic.

On 15/07/2016 at 10:03 PM, DavidOC93 said:

-1 There should be no rule for braking red lights, if someone causes an accident by going through a red light then it should be a kick

Or a ban for ramming.

If you are approaching a red light on multiplayer and are 100% sure the junction is clear then why stop?

signature.png

^because whos to say that in the next few seconds it takes for you to cross into the intersection, someone who has the right of way comes along and creams you because youre running a red thinking the intersection will always be clear. I would prefer personally, to see a mandatory stopping time of at least 5 seconds + to make sure the intersection is clear and that you are not going to run into the path of any traffic. Too many times have I seen or been caught up in a accident because someone has thought the junction is clear even though its red so doesn't bother to stop only to find that its not clear and theres a pile up.

57 minutes ago, chipmunk179 said:

i would love running red lights to be a ban and the same with having no lights on at night i see so many people driving at night with no lights on or full beam 

Banning someone for having their high beams on seems stupid in my opinion

On 7/15/2016 at 4:24 PM, Dodge Charger said:

Suggestion Name: Red Light Traffic Offense Rule

Suggestion DescriptionYou have 3 chances or warnings if you run into a red light. 

Any example images: No.

Why it should be added?: I want this rule because simply I can't take those people driving into a red light. It causes accidents and the ones who drove into a red light seem to get away from this without blame. Sure, people may apologize and learn better next time, but there are other people who just act like idiots. :angry:

I know that reporting the user can still be done, but it may not work at times. Don't know if this is a great idea or not. 

Problem with this is that they're some lights that you don't need to stop for, like the ones that have traffic lights but there's only a left/right turn.there's no need to stop there since there's no AI coming from the blocked direction(s)

Edited by Artical DAN

Why would anyone have the dots on the GPS switched off? :o:o

Banning people for having high beams on would be just stupid, it wouldn't work and it doesn't hurt anyone using high beams and would take admins away from dealing with more important reports like ramming, blocking etc

I rarely stop at red lights when there is just a right or left turn and when in quite areas where there is few or no people around I don't even slow down for red lights. In busy places like Rotterdam I usually stop at red lights.

9b3f0e1f6c.jpg

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.