caff!!!

How to change your profile name (ETS2/ATS)

On 6/16/2016 at 7:05 PM, caff!!! said:

Once you've opened it, press Ctrl + F and search for g_save_format and change the value besides it to "2", as seen below.

1ab24a2fc01bee3422eec36b5a9d72c6.png

ive been searching through config.cfg, and when i search for uset g_save_format, it doesent find anything, even when i look myself

It doesn't seem to work anymore? :unsure:

After changing the "g_save_format" (in "config.cfg"), running the game & loading my profile, I don't get the "profile.sii" file.
Is it because I use the Steam Cloud? - My "profiles" folder is also empty, since my profiles are located in the "steam_profiles" folder. (Still in "Documents\Euro Truck Simulator 2")

@PIKBAKKE Exactly. When you use Steam Cloud, the profiles are not saved locally, so you can't edit them. To be able to do it, you'd need to deactivate Cloud saving for the profile you want to change, do the changes and then, if you wish, activate Cloud saving again.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, FernandoCR [ESP] said:

@PIKBAKKE Exactly. When you use Steam Cloud, the profiles are not saved locally, so you can't edit them. To be able to do it, you'd need to deactivate Cloud saving for the profile you want to change, do the changes and then, if you wish, activate Cloud saving again.

Cool! - I'll give it a try later..

I also though it were because I used the Steam Cloud, but since the "profile" folder looks like the same, I wasn't sure..