[ARCHIVED] How to change your profile name (ETS2/ATS)

caff!!!

• 7 months later...

@[TAL] The_Wifi_Guy_10Are you sure you are looking at the config.cfg that is in the ETS2 or ATS folder, not the one inside the profiles? If there isn't one, you can just add the line at the end and see if that works.

Independent driver

On 8/28/2018 at 2:16 PM, caff!!! said:

to quote Revolver Ocelot: I love to reload shift gears during a battle delivery.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

It doesn't seem to work anymore? :unsure:

After changing the "g_save_format" (in "config.cfg"), running the game & loading my profile, I don't get the "profile.sii" file.
Is it because I use the Steam Cloud? - My "profiles" folder is also empty, since my profiles are located in the "steam_profiles" folder. (Still in "Documents\Euro Truck Simulator 2")

//El Del Blanco :blink:

3 hours ago, FernandoCR [ESP] said:

@PIKBAKKE Exactly. When you use Steam Cloud, the profiles are not saved locally, so you can't edit them. To be able to do it, you'd need to deactivate Cloud saving for the profile you want to change, do the changes and then, if you wish, activate Cloud saving again.

Cool! - I'll give it a try later..

I also though it were because I used the Steam Cloud, but since the "profile" folder looks like the same, I wasn't sure..

//El Del Blanco :blink:

• 5 months later...
  • 7 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...