What is your opinion of the cars?

Mirrland

What is your opinion of the cars?  

99 members have voted

1. 1. What is your opinion of the cars?

• Love Them
    • Hate Them
    • Need Optimization

I agree the bans for bad drivers are getting more regular and consistent around busy areas and I think people are getting used to the mechanics now. Almost seeing as many bad car drivers as bad truck drivers now in busy areas... Slowly improving I feel!

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Maybe not 99% of drivers but a fair few of drivers, I think these drivers feel like they own the road and have the right to block roads as a Pilot. This is not allowed and goes against MP rules so if they report you, they're the ones most likely in the wrong for driving on the wrong side of the road etc.

I think they're a great addition to the mod as they add to the immersion. However, I do agree that they are far from optimised and could do with some fine tuning.

It would be amazing if somewhere down the line more car models and some customization could be added.

16 hours ago, Overland said:

What i think about car? 99% of car driver is a usless traffic maker, griefer, rammer and trolling with trailer, here 1 of the compilation http://imgur.com/a/3LWi7 i reported him in game and truckersmp page but they create another account and return on the satan car.

If you have proof that he created another account please report it to us but here is what I think happened, he was probably banned but this is a small offense, so his ban ended and he repeated his offense. You can report him again. Players only get 6 bans , after that they are gone.

Yes they can create another account but they must purchase the game again and if they are caught, they are immediately banned again. 

To be honest @Sysgen I think 6 bans is being too nice.  I think maybe the 3 strike rule would be better because I mean those many chances just gives offenders the opportunity to simply continue to create an unpleasant experience for others. Ultimately I believe the car is a really smart move but maybe restricting it to a certain level because if we honestly think about it,  players on higher levels (let's say level 25-30) most of them tend to be more respectful and responsible (driving how they should) then day a driver on level 10 or 15. Of course their will always be trolls and crazy drivers but it gives then a smaller window to screw up. 

Trucking in multiplayer and helping others where I can. 

In game rules.

Of course, this is truck simulator not car. BUT, if you play this game MP, there are no traffic. So, there could be more traffic by users cars. This could be GREAT idea for later playing.

Other side of this car is, that players cant drive this cars carefully.

I really didn't like the thought of them, but they do add realism, however, its a one way ticket for rammers. The stupidly high speed of a car and maneuverability of them makes it so easy to be a troll. I shouldn't have to record every journey.

My idea: Cap cars at 75mph

If possible, when a car goes over 75mph, it automatically gets No collisions, which stays until the car reaches 0mph

"A river starts out as a puddle, wanting to grow to something much bigger. As it grows, it begins to flow, making its presence known. After persistence, the river carves its path through the rock towards the sea. You are that river, start moving!

z_siteimages%5Cimg_2074_1395921187_826_2

4601768346.png

4 hours ago, xOceanSpirit said:

I really didn't like the thought of them, but they do add realism, however, its a one way ticket for rammers. The stupidly high speed of a car and maneuverability of them makes it so easy to be a troll. I shouldn't have to record every journey.

If possible, when a car goes over 75mph, it automatically gets No collisions, which stays until the car reaches 0mph

do you play train simulator? you will stopped if you overspeed... not bad idea

maybe it could go normal when reach 70mph 

On 18/5/2016 at 4:19 PM, subtlegta said:

The textures of the car is just well-made, the engine also sounds like the same car IRL.Overall,it's a fun car to drive round Europe.But sadly, because this car wasn't designed by SCS, so the physics of this car is a little bit weird, and the brakes are useless.I really suggest everyone not to drive fast with this car.

"don't drive fast this car" say that with a jeremy clarkson avatar

On 19.5.2016 at 3:09 AM, BIG of ROT said:

I love the idea of them, They just need to limit them. I'm pretty sick of being rammed by cars or them flying off the road and hitting my trailer lol.

I agree. The handling is horrible and they eighter should give the car a bit more weight (would that change anything at the end?) or throttle the engine a bit down.

On 18/05/2016 at 3:34 PM, xOceanSpirit said:

That could be abused. If a player speeds to gain the no-collision, they can then stop in front of someone (0MPH) to come out of the no-collision causing the other player to crash into them. For this approach it would probably be best to force a speed limiter on, but I'm not sure how difficult it would be to set this limiter to specific vehicles (the car).

Personally, I'm not really a fan of driving them, but am quite happy for others to do so, as it simply adds to the whole immersion of it being a truck simulator for those of us that prefer the trucks (therefore TOTALLY dispelling the utterly RIDICULOUS "it's a truck simulator, not a car simulator" argument). Where there are trucks, there are cars and while it would be nice to live in a "no-car bubble", that kind of kills the "simulator" part for me, just a little bit.
So I welcome them...
HOWEVER...
People should not be allowed to drive/purchase them at all until they've had quite a few hours under their belt of multiplayer truck driving experience, imo.
Cars should be a privilege that players earn, not something that just any old knucklehead can start doing immediately.

Edit: Oh and for crying out loud... if I want a pilot vehicle to follow me, I'll ask for one, thanks. To those who randomly lead or follow trucks - stop it.
You're annoying and it makes you look like a bit of a creepy stalker. lol

It gives people a sense of too much power, they're just getting the way, being useless traffic, adding to jams, having non-legitimate control over players and traffic, feel like they have the power to pull people over and give unrealistic and pointless pilots.... 

However the people who can actually drive, be useful and are friendly, I am sorry. The people who do drive in the way I quoted are the ones not complying to the rules. Pilots are technically CC and should be used for CC only really. Go to any professional convoy on EU1 for example and you'll see you don't need speeding and non-rule abiding cars to create a fun, successful and professional convoy.

Archived