Add a highbeam rule

The_Wish

Suggestion Name: Highbeam rule
Suggestion Description: Clears how you can use the lights of your truck, including beacon and so.
Any example images: -

Why it should be added: 7/10 trucks I see on the motorway have all their lights turned on as they were a Christmas Tree and when they are behind me, they hurt my eyes; and then I see people carrying boxed trailers and having beacon on. Why?

Highbeam is to use only on low visibility, or when there is just noone on the road and you just want more visibility. Beacon is to use when you transport ADR stuff (tankers, fluids, etc) and when you transport large vehicles, like an Excavator.

You may consider this a dumb rule, with no applyance to this mod, but I think it can be applied.

jknrGrM.jpg?1

Hello The_Wish, 

Unfortunately this is something the team can't enforce, however you can solve this problem for yourself. 

If you hit the tab button to bring up your players near you list -> Right Click -> Click the settings button. 

Under graphics you can't turn the beacons and secondary lights options off so that you will no longer have to see the extra lights and beacons 

Regards

Djinsomnia

I have beacons all over my truck, never use them though. 

Yeah I can agree with you about the misuse of high beams but that is the way some people like to drive. IRL if someone was to use high beams like this then they would be pulled over.

TBH as long as they do not collide with my truck or pull some dangerous maneuver then I am ok with them.

1105615.png

MsduciabaA29N7MEu7DlydS4GHo%3D.png

Have a problem with your ban? Make an appeal

It should be a rule as it's a rule on the real highway, but it's not really enforceable, nor does it really have any sort of effect on the gameplay.

The beacons are annoying, sure, but highbeams aren't really as blinding as they are in real life, so there's no need to enforce this. If they were actually blinding I'd definitely think differently.

You'll find me mostly on ATSMP. Look for Jguy in the shiny iridescent purple truck!

Following all the rules of the road and ticket free since 2003!

Sorry but this is a bad idea.

Yes, there is excessive mis-use of lights throughout the modification. However, there is no viable way to enforce. Yes admins could go around kicking and banning users for having the lights going, but that'll remove a high amount of users (daily) and that is not an option suitable for the modification.

The best you can do, is modify your settings or ask them to turn there lights off.

TruckersMP Community Bus Driver

275116735_role_GameModerationManager(2).

status.png

Reporting a Player    |    Appeal your Ban    |    Visit our Support System    |    Our Rules

to be fair, I wish there was an unwritten rule to do with High Beams, im sick of people who drive at night with their trucks looking like the sun has exploded, not bothering to dip their lights for oncoming, personally, I always dip my lights as soon as I see the other person come into render, plus, I always use only 3 beacons and only a few extra lights on the bull bar and the roof, most of the other slots on the roof and bulbar are taken up by 2 horns (roof) and LEDs from the MP compatible mod that allows you to use the ingame LED lights on all the selectable surfaces, not just the lower bar.

I know what OP is talking about, its just that its hard to tell people to dip their lights or turn their beacons off, its dependant on peoples settings and how they prefer to drive, you cant really force people to drive the same as you in a game.

5 hours ago, The_Wish said:

I didn't said anything about forcing or something, but if a IGA sees someone with all the lights turned on as a Christmas Tree, he can just tell him to turn some of them off, like a warning. I dont want people to get banned for this, because it is stupid.

the thing is, in ETS2 the normal high and low beams are as much use as a chocolate fireguard, I personally run with roof and front lights (not many of them) due to the fact that at the dead of night, I cant see anything with just normal lights on in ETS2, but if someone appears I always dip my lights until they have passed by me, to say that admins should devote time to telling people NOT to have all their lights on is ridiculous, people should have the right to have their lights on however they want ass long as they learn to dip them when around other people, admins have enough on their plate, let alone policing people for having extra lights turned on at night, beacons, they should be ruled to be used only under extreme circumstances.

• Upvote 1

On 11/04/2016 at 8:57 AM, The_Wish said:

7/10 trucks I see on the motorway have all their lights turned on as they were a Christmas Tree and when they are behind me, they hurt my eyes; and then I see people carrying boxed trailers and having beacon on. Why?

Highbeam is to use only on low visibility, or when there is just noone on the road and you just want more visibility. Beacon is to use when you transport ADR stuff (tankers, fluids, etc) and when you transport large vehicles, like an Excavator.

You may consider this a dumb rule, with no applyance to this mod, but I think it can be applied.

On 13/04/2016 at 9:18 PM, megadethsteve666 said:

to be fair, I wish there was an unwritten rule to do with High Beams, im sick of people who drive at night with their trucks looking like the sun has exploded, not bothering to dip their lights for oncoming, .

I never had any problem with persons keeping their high beams, I know what it feels IRL if an i***t keeps them while you're crossing him, but IG I never had any problem, on my screen there is a little difference between low beams and high beams right, but it doesn't blind me at all. So to me -1

^the thing for me is that because I have such high settings and everything turned up, plus a really good monitor, bright headlights coming towards me feel just like real high beams at night, im personally not against people driving with highs, but I just wish people would be more courteous and dip them whenever there is oncoming traffic, at the very least its shows respect to your fellow trucker.

well, it's already covered in the rules...., atleast up north you're not allowed to blind people with your high beams ;)

While Driving in TruckersMP, users are required to follow the traffic laws of the respective country.

Edited by Noraf

Dude, this is an internet forum. You can't expect people to read stuff. Jeez.

And we want players who can behave, I'm afraid we can't have what we want :(

"Just remember...if the world didn't suck, we'd all fall off. "

5 hours ago, Noraf said:

well, it's already covered in the rules...., atleast up north you're not allowed to blind people with your high beams ;)

the thing is, not everyone knows all the rules of the road of every country, so most tend to stick to the rules they know from their country, I know here in the UK its a rule to dip your lights when you see oncoming traffic as to not blind them with your highs, but for argument sake, someone from eastern Europe or something plays where that rule doesn't apply in their own country, so they play the game blasting around at night with their truck lit up like a Christmas tree everywhere they go, At the very least there should be a courtesy rule to always dip your highs when you see oncoming and if people don't, oncoming can flash their lights 3x as a warning to them to dip their lights for oncoming traffic, theres nothing more I hate than driving along and seeing truck after truck with all their lights on full blast at night glaring at me, or the guys who see your lights go down and think youre saying high or something so blare their horn at you for the sake of it!  

• Upvote 1

On ‎20‎/‎04‎/‎2016 at 9:12 PM, Smalley said:

I don't see why we can't use High beams, yes I get it. For realism. But in game it's not actually affecting anyone's eye site so their shouldn't be a problem using it.

the thing is, a lot of us a. want to play as realistically as possible b. have different lighting, PCs and monitors which can all affect people differently c. its alright when people don't do things stupidly with their lights, but when you get the guys constantly flasking at you with high beams for no reason, it can get disorientating. The thing is, most of us are fine with dipping lights when we see oncoming traffic, if nothing else its courteous and respectful, even if it doesn't affect you, it is still nice to see people actually following the rules of the road for once.

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...

I agree this suggestion isn't that applicable when you're just driving with another trucks, but when I drive a car and see trucks with high beam, it annoys me pretty much so I think this is somewhat need to consider

-100000000000000 Terrible idea. I've never had a problem with this, 8/10 trucks I see at night have the high beams on, same with the beacons and I am one of those people. I put those lights on my trucks to use them, my trucks with beacons I use them all the time and I always use my highbeams at night. I'd hate it if this rule came in, even if this was a rule there is no way it could be enforced becuase of the amount of people who would ignore this rule. I don't see beacons and highbeams as a problem at all :)

HmiEym1.png

JsJ3nor.png

dhtFudn.png

9b3f0e1f6c.jpg

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.