Gas station entrance

Badgriuel

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

you probably wont get banned for going in agianst the signs but be prepared to back out, even if they dont have them in real life, you still have them in game and if another person is going to do it correctly they shouldnt have to wait for you to do it the wrong way, and its not that hard to turn left into one just take the turn as wide as you can and you should be fine its been done plenty of times even with the 53' trailer, but ya, you have the do not enter sign the other direction does not, and ive had to wait for people going the wrong way to go through and i can say that there isnt always a place to pull over to the side and thus im left with a bunch of angry, impatient morons laying on the horn and telling me to go because i have to wait for you to go through the gas station the wrong way

"One-Way Gas Stations" most certainly do exist in the states. There are several near where I live (New England).

Notice the Do Not Enter signs posted exactly where ATS posts them:

gas-station-2.jpg?3e6969

And, just as in the game, people ignore this ALL the time:

gas-station-720x380.jpg

That's fine if they make it in ATS for New England gas stations since it's how they are in that area, but where I live it's not like that at all. 

It bloody should be. The amount of times I go in a fuel station to find that some numpty has come in the wrong direction and then expects *ME* to move out the way. NO. You reverse back out the way you came which is the incorrect side. 

It's not stupid to have to "turn around". It's common sense. If that's where the entrance is - use the flipping entrance.

Except the game is WRONG and both are entrances you can go into. Do I really need to head out to a gas station near me and take pictures and post them for people to understand how it is here in California?

Now, I think a ban or something is probably a little harsh for people that do this; It seems like hardly anyone actually notices the 'Do not enter' signs, some people actually run over them with their trailer by accident.

It would be great if everyone actually read those signs and did enter the fuel stations at the correct side, but, at the very least, it'd be great if people gave way to people exiting, regardless of what way they entered.

When I'm at a pump, I see far too many people coming in from the other side and just sitting in front of me so I can't move forward to leave the fuel station - They then proceed to back up onto the road, run over the sign, and crash into someone or a wall. Some people cease to amaze me. :)

kvt_truckdriver_bar.png

^

Again there is no wrong or right side to enter a gas station in California or Nevada. You can enter from both entrances and exit from both places as well. The Dev's of ATS simply were lazy and copy pasted the ETS2 gas stations into ATS without thinking about how they really are in CA or NV. 

Since were supposed to obey the traffic laws of the country/state you drive in, then entering from either side would be obeying the law since there is no law against entering from either side. 

Do I really need to head out to a gas station near me and take pictures and post them for people to understand how it is here in California?

No, Google Street View does that for us. I think you'll be surprised to learn that they do exist in California! Maybe they're uncommon, but I was able to find several pretty quick. Just cause they're not all over the place doesn't mean they don't exist.

Here's one in Pacifica, CA (granted there's only arrows on the pavement and not signage):

Pacifica.jpg

And here's a truck stop in Ventura, just outside of Oxnard, which has arrows and Exit Only sign:

oxnard.jpg

This one has very clear Exit Only signs, but I think this may be some sort of special gas station? I dunno, I just found these after 15-20 minutes of searching Maps:

Burbank.jpg

^ House yes there are some gas stations that might have arrows to indicate or may be a exit or enter sign but their not enforced and those signs are very rare at gas stations. You really only find them in small gas stations where they can't handle taking cars in from both sides.

The second picture of the truck stop is the owner has placed those signs up to try and have drivers go in one way and leave the other. Those are regulatory signs that have any bearing in law, since it's placed on by the owner itself. In that google maps picture you can also see a truck leaving from the "entrance" area as well. That truck stop is one of those 24/7 self service ones where you just pay at the pump with a card and then go out on your way. 

The third picture is from a Costco gas station, that gas station is located inside a parking lot, so they must control the flow of traffic in there. That is not like your typical gas station you find out on the side of the road. So that picture has no point. 

UPDATE: Just got a response back from the QA Team Lead and its as follows.

Hello, 

thank you for the info.

We decided to remove useless signs - so player will be able to enter to GS in both directions.

M.

Hello, 

thank you for the info.

We decided to remove useless signs - so player will be able to enter to GS in both directions.

M.

If I had a £1 for every time someone online said they didn't like something and made out that they were proven right when everyone else disagreed with them, I'd have a lot of money.

Anyway - Whether or not it's real. If in the game it says do not enter - don't enter

And if I am in the fuel station and you come through the wrong way facing me to get in - I will not move.

Why is it so difficult to understand? Just go round the corner to the entrance. It takes literally 15 seconds of your time.

Hello, 

thank you for the info.
M.

Maybe SCS copied/pasted those GS from ETS2, but they have a purpose, as it has been said earlier: There is only one refueling spot. Logic says that there should be only one way to access that spot. Now, you stop to refuel, someone comes and stops the truck right in front of yours and then starts honking at you asking to reverse. If a report is made, an admin can see easily who is at fault: The one who entered disregarding the "Do not enter" signs. When/If those signs are removed, no one will be right, no one will be wrong, what if neither of them wants to reverse? Because neither of them will have to.

Congratulations, you just brought a little more chaos into the game. SCS don't see anything wrong about this, to them there's just the single player game, but for Multiplayer... It's completely different.

That's fine if they make it in ATS for New England gas stations since it's how they are in that area, but where I live it's not like that at all. 

Except the game is WRONG and both are entrances you can go into. Do I really need to head out to a gas station near me and take pictures and post them for people to understand how it is here in California?

IF the game has signs up saying, NO ENTRY, then its pretty good common sense to NOT enter from that side, ive had guys ignore the signs and fly into the fuel station and ram me while ive been refuelling, only for them to yell at me because I had come in the correct way, so no its not limited to just ONE are only, if the GAME has the rul in place, then its there for a reason, most normal people ive seen actually listen to the signs and come in from the correct side.

Hello, 

thank you for the info.

M.

Just so you know, its not just the signs that would have to be removed, but the actual texture on the ground would have to be changed in order to avoid confusion, furthermore, in ETS2 most small fuel stations were One way only, with signs marking where the correct entry is, besides, its not that difficult to come into a fuel station the correct way anyway, unless youre too lazy really.

I don't really care about this sign, unless I see someone coming nearby, otherwise I go to get my fuel from the direction it is more convenient for me, there's no way I'm gonna turn around and risk being rammed by trolls that think this game is the next NFS for trucks.

I also try to leave my trailer out of the way on the side of the road or in a nearby designed parking spot before fueling at those tiny gas stations, makes it much smoother and easier.

76561198104067447.png

I don't get why the concept of one entry, one exit is so difficult to understand? besides, if you have it as two way entrance, all youre going to get is people complain because some drivers don't look, see a fuel station and dive in, only to find someones already stopped filling up from the other direction and you just have a mess, IMO it should be one Way ONLY, that way you don't have dumb drivers screaming in from the opposite direction and wrecking everyone.

That's simple you let whoever has made it into the gas station first fuel up and then leave. The second person can wait on the side of the road or in the gas station off the the side. Exiting the station from either side is pretty easy, it's not a hard task with or without a trailer. 

But that would require patience. Something i have found alot of ppl lack in this game

I don't get why the concept of one entry, one exit is so difficult to understand? besides, if you have it as two way entrance, all youre going to get is people complain because some drivers don't look, see a fuel station and dive in, only to find someones already stopped filling up from the other direction and you just have a mess, IMO it should be one Way ONLY, that way you don't have dumb drivers screaming in from the opposite direction and wrecking everyone.

usygRyF.jpg

steam.php?id=vargurr&pngimg=gordon2&tbor

its all about skiil and knowing how to pull in, if there were multiple fuel points, I would agree with having 2 directions you can enter, but with only one, its just a recipe for disaster, besides, the vast majority of people ive seen pull into the fuel stations, do it from the correct side anyway.

I expected a post like yours. You think I don't know how to properly pull in there? It takes less time to fuel by pulling in from the opposite way, and you don't actually block the entire road.

steam.php?id=vargurr&pngimg=gordon2&tbor

If only there were 2 spots to take gas...

But there's only one, so only one way to enter. I always enter by the right entrance. I never have any issue doing so. I sure know how to handle my truck and the trailer. If I meet aynone going by the wrong side while I'm there, he will have to move away, not me, for sure. And he will hear my horn as well, big time.

its all about skiil and knowing how to pull in, if there were multiple fuel points, I would agree with having 2 directions you can enter, but with only one, its just a recipe for disaster, besides, the vast majority of people ive seen pull into the fuel stations, do it from the correct side anyway.

I expected a post like yours. You think I don't know how to properly pull in there? It takes less time to fuel by pulling in from the opposite way, and you don't actually block the entire road.

You're contradicting yourself. If you know how to properly pull in there, you won't be blocking anything. It also doesn't take any more time. It's a one move manouver, even with 53' reefer.

Archived