Traffic Jams - Realism or Unneccessary?

Lynneau

Nope 

Blocking  - Temporary / Permanent Ban

Restricting a user's travel path, blocking entrances to highways or other entry points or anything similar.

^  there  u go 

I hope you can agree that this is only for the few people that actually do this on purpose in Oxnard.

I like to drive on that single lane road, because I like more interaction with other truckers and truckers having to work together to get past eachother safely.

This Oxnard congestion reminds me of old Rotterdam times...

It was funny, I think I still got some screenshots of it.

IMO, it can be fun but also a pain in the neck. Admins must have a really bad time with it >.<

Admins can make THEMSELVES a hard time with it. They dont have to monitor every little truck and second of it, but they do. That is unneccessary. Sure a few trolls are always there and could be banned/reported, but please, dont monitor the whole jam from beginning till end...

The odd one yes and obviously if someone crashes then it's unavoidable but when people are intentionally causing a traffic jam by going the wrong way or following the GPS when the main road goes the same way, coming back and doing loops like 95% of people at Oxnard they need to calm down and stop driving around unintentionally.

As coopers screenshot shows, the exact reason people need to stop because it's taking up all of admins time and taking a ridiculous amount of effort to support.

Kind regards,

Matthew

^But it's still easily avoided? Just don't drive trough the ox if you don't want to be stuck in the traffic

Dude, this is an internet forum. You can't expect people to read stuff. Jeez.

And we want players who can behave, I'm afraid we can't have what we want :(

"Just remember...if the world didn't suck, we'd all fall off. "

^But it's still easily avoided? Just don't drive trough the ox if you don't want to be stuck in the traffic

I don't mind it when it's not purposeful and it literally is from mass of players but it's unrealistic and pointless when those players have no reason to be there but haul trailers through it for no reason and go in circles to do that, of course it's easily avoided but usually I just follow the satnav without paying much attention so I may end up going through Oxnard without even initially realising it but thats fine so long as there isn't stupid ramming and blocking that happens on purpose when people want to push their way through to do a U turn and come back - also people being impatient and I am quite patient but you get those overtaking and ramming their way up the hill in that case

Kind regards,

Matthew

I don't mind it when it's not purposeful and it literally is from mass of players but it's unrealistic and pointless when those players have no reason to be there but haul trailers through it for no reason and go in circles to do that, of course it's easily avoided but usually I just follow the satnav without paying much attention so I may end up going through Oxnard without even initially realising it but thats fine so long as there isn't stupid ramming and blocking that happens on purpose when people want to push their way through to do a U turn and come back - also people being impatient and I am quite patient but you get those overtaking and ramming their way up the hill in that case

Had one do that to me on the entrance of the 152. Rode my ass to the entrance so i couldn't slow down, then passed on the shoulder, causing me to hit him when i tried to correct. Then yelled at me for not turning down a one lane road at 50MPH

5368440297.png5090292761.png

I personally find traffic queues quite fun, but the problem is the people who take advantage of the fact that there are no admins about.

For example, there may be slow traffic at Europoort due to a 125t load, which is understandable and I'd wait. But it's the people who are impatient with them, go steaming up the wrong side of the road, and lo and behold they cause a massive crash scene at EP. I personally have no patience for those kinds of people, because they're purposely causing a queue, whereas fella with 125t is just a bit slow due to the weight of the load. An admin would have much more patience with 125t person than wrong way person causing an RTC on purpose, and would ban wrong way person and help out 125t person.

(This is just a scenario, not what has happened before. I'd like to see it happen though. :P)

Had one do that to me on the entrance of the 152. Rode my ass to the entrance so i couldn't slow down, then passed on the shoulder, causing me to hit him when i tried to correct. Then yelled at me for not turning down a one lane road at 50MPH

This is the state of some players, they're impatient and should really be on Single-player or on a game with no traffic to do what they like, as they just cause problems for everyone else!

Kind regards,

Matthew

I think people should avoid these traffic jams since even with awesome rig, CPU load is impossible to handle. Not only that, create a caos.

But seems like ATS administrators don't bother about huge convoys that normally cause these unnecessary traffic jams. They should not allow huge convoys. It's the only thing that need to be done to solve this.

"Trucks don't hit trucks, Truckers hit trucks". By me

I dont see why there should be a rule regarding this.   THIS IS A SIMULATOR. Traffic is part of the immersion, And honestly those that blindly follow the gps down a  one way road in a rig with a 53 foot trailer, are fools and deserve to be stuck in the traffic.  This issue if it even is a issue can be fixed by simply planing your route to avoid one lane roads that you dont absolutely need to take.

I love the traffic as its immersion, and help simulate driving a rig.  What i dont like is useless rules like this that ruin the simulation, and like i said, sane people like, me wont take that road and rather take the 2 lane, Something a lot of players dont do because they cant be bothered to plan their route before hand, something real drivers do in real life.

I dont see why there should be a rule regarding this.   THIS IS A SIMULATOR. Traffic is part of the immersion, And honestly those that blindly follow the gps down a  one way road in a rig with a 53 foot trailer, are fools and deserve to be stuck in the traffic.  This issue if it even is a issue can be fixed by simply planing your route to avoid one lane roads that you dont absolutely need to take.

I love the traffic as its immersion, and help simulate driving a rig.  What i dont like is useless rules like this that ruin the simulation, and like i said, sane people like, me wont take that road and rather take the 2 lane, Something a lot of players dont do because they cant be bothered to plan their route before hand, something real drivers do in real life.

The best idea is to miss Oxnard completely during peak times, never mind taking the main road to avoid smaller roads. I ended up with a load to chems in Oxnard, went to pick up my next load in San Raf (or whatever is north of Ox), the traffic coming out of Ox was backed up to the gas station (in Ox) and it was backed up, albeit not as bad, going into Ox. Almost as bad as the kenny dealer in LA when MP was updated.

Admins can make THEMSELVES a hard time with it. They dont have to monitor every little truck and second of it, but they do. That is unneccessary. Sure a few trolls are always there and could be banned/reported, but please, dont monitor the whole jam from beginning till end...

But if they start selecting and excluding reports, the whole report system becomes broken. No one will report, since there's no reason to do it

MP would be sucky without the traffic jams :P imo

Yeah they're so fun. Until some ******* just drive right into you in the back, and another idiot behind him... I love it...

• 3 weeks later...

Archived