Experiencing kernel error or random crashes on TruckersMP Island? ×

[ARCHIVED]Downgrading and Upgrading Euro Truck Simulator 2 Version

DerAmpelmann
Message added by Phon,

This guide is archived and may not be up to date.

Please refer to the Knowledge Base for updated instructions.

Hello, 

thank you for making this guide! i think it was very helpful for everyone who wanted to play ETS2 MP where it wasnt possible! :D 

+1

Good luck with your guide @TruckBro;) 

Easily understood and very handy to have.

Edited by 1nYX

The Bot That Never Sleeps

If you see a forum post that might be breaking the rules, report it.

+Rules+How to become GM+Frequently Suggested Things+Feedback+

+FaceTrackNoIR+

Did your post instantly get Forum Moderator by me? No need to be afraid, they are doing their job.

• 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, The Death said:

Hey i followed all your steps and was successful in playing mp,Thanks. However when i opted out of all beta options to get back to the updated version it downloaded all fine but now its saying disk read error. Heres a screenshot i hope you guys can help me.

Hello,

Try verifying integrity of game cache and then retry downloading the latest version. If that doesn't help, restart your PC and then retry.

Verifying integrity of game cache:

1. Go to Steam library

2. Right click Euro Truck Simulator 2 and click properties

3. In the properties window, open LOCAL FILES tab

4. Click VERIFY INTEGRITY OF GAME CACHE

Ready to go!

its the 10th of february 2017 and today a new and small update arrived and it doesn't work with truckersmp ofc, it says it needs ets to be downgraded, i've tried temporary 1.26.x but now the intro is bugged and the game crashes, then i went back to the normal version NONE - opt-out all the beta programs and i can't play in offline now, the game is still bugged. i've tried validating the cache but it doesn't work

Hi @Calin - SteelSeries,

I tried the small update with multiplayer today. It didn't ask me to downgrade the game when I started the multiplayer and I got connected to the server normally. Does the multiplayer work for you now?

There is this issue I've experienced with single player. For some reason when I use the desktop shortcut to start the game it launches 32-bit version which freezes and responds slowly. Have you tried launching ETS2 from your Steam Library with 64-bit option? You can do it by right clicking ETS2 there and selecting Play Euro Truck Simulator 2 (64-bit) or Launch with DirectX (64-bit). I recommend and use the latter.

Edited by Ungullified

Ready to go!