Truck Towing

Nace888

Suggestion Name: Truck Towing

Suggestion Description: Basically, instead of constantly F7+Enter, this would allow the change of pace, and allow players (if they wish) to essentially use their truck as a "tow truck" so to speak, and pick up users that are broken down. They could either be towed, or fixed, and the costs would go to the towing player.

Any example images

This site shows KINDA what I mean, http://mods.ets2mptr.com/mod/cekici-tasiyici-romorklar.html
This image is ideal to what I mean, http://www.speedytowing.com/services/heavytow1.jpg

Why should it be added?: This would be that change of pace. Players would not have any authority while using this vehicle, but would simply act as the mechanic/tow driver, and would get the earnings of the tow or fix.

Many trucks get used to tow other trucks, or even deliver them, but in this case, it would be tows. I was talking to a couple people last night, and the other night, and this idea kinda popped up. I don't want to take credit for it, but would like to bring the suggestion to light!! :D

Since there is a planned double trailer, I'd imagine this would run SLIGHTLY similar, but would not be as long, obviously.

• Upvote 1

Theirs real life wrecker so why cant their be semi tow truck drivers &  semi truck drivers aswell if the admins are gonna be driving around with police cars why cant players make extra money by having a attachment on the back of their semi to do a tag along for a fellow trucker to tow him to the nearest repair shop..

I Love the ideal +AAA

• Upvote 2

Ill pee in your cornflakes !

Honestly, this is for people who WANT to wait for a tow, not EVERYONE will wait for a tow. This is for those more patient drivers. Honestly though, I think this is a legit idea.

If the Admins will use police cars, then we could allow for towing tag-ons.

• Upvote 2

Every time I see such a suggestion I ask myself this question. How would this work? The map is so large, It would take too much time for you to get to the stuck truck. 

Also the base game does not allow this, so this would be something for SCS to create first, then the MP could support it. 

you say that its not supported so why are the police cars coming to MP when they arent even in the game period.. so tell me that one if you dont mind me asking if police can come to the MP world why cant towing come to the MP world someday ?

Theirs real life wrecker so why cant their be semi tow truck drivers &  semi truck drivers aswell if the admins are gonna be driving around with police cars why cant players make extra money by having a attachment on the back of their semi to do a tag along for a fellow trucker to tow him to the nearest repair shop..

Thanks!! :D

Every time I see such a suggestion I ask myself this question. How would this work? The map is so large, It would take too much time for you to get to the stuck truck. 

Also the base game does not allow this, so this would be something for SCS to create first, then the MP could support it. 

Honestly though, the police cars are not supported in the base game as a playable vehicle, but the Admins are testing it.

Seems like a cool idea :)

Thanks!! :D

Even when I don't agree with the "tow truck" idea, because I think it would make the game a "tow truck simulator", just like stated above:

But if everyone had access to them I reckon ETS2MP would turn into Tow Truck Sim MP lol. :D

It would be nice if every truck had the chance to pull others out of a difficult situation. Just yesterday, there was this truck stuck and partially blocking the road, some other player suggested: hit F7... The answer was: Sorry, no cash. I know that's a rare case, but all of us have seen people stuck and trying to get out by themselves or waiting for others to help them by pushing their trucks. I do the "hit F7", because I know how difficult is to unstuck a truck by pushing, I got stuck once myself for trying that. Making the trucks to have something like a winch would be helpful in these situations.

I thought this had been suggested before but can't remember exactly where. This would be more for if your friend crashed and needed a tow; it's kind of weird to go across and pick up some random person you don't know and bring them to a service station somewhere else. It should be more of a handy tool rather than making it a whole role where people actually get paid for it (which can't happen until economy comes out). 

As far as your suggestion goes, I think that IF it were to be accepted it would be very minimalistic and just a button or chat command to accept them onto your towing trailer, nothing more, no fancy ropes ect...(would be nice though longer and harder to develop). 

The last problem I see with this is that there would need to be mods developed or gotten from somewhere to have a towing trailer ect..which makes this even more likely to get declined.

signature2019.png.8d2d82f1f80e57ce817e965f0bdde2eb.png

Signature made by Aestrial

So, to sum it up:

• This has been suggested and rejected multiple times
  • It is not really practical to use in MP (desync, trolls, people can't even control their own truck, don't event want to mention giving chance to make even bigger chaos at highways)
  • Probably its nightmare to get it scripted and working?
  • there are no towtrucks in ETS, so we'll need some1 who made such a mod to donate it to us or SCS to make one
  • We can't simply "copy" e.g. Spintires' towing mechanics because of licenses and laws and stuff

"And on that bombshell" ... <looks @ Humanewolf>

• Upvote 1

Maybe, it could possibly add distance zones, so if someone's more than such and such away, they can't accept the call, or the program won't let someone get a tow if they're too far away if that makes sense... Tows would be like trailers where you can't F7 Enter...

Denied for what reason if admins can get police cars which i know for a fact will be abused why cant the public the ones that make the tracfic have some feedback on what they want added to the game theirs no excuse why anyones thoughs should be denied in any reason thats ignorant the public is what makes the trafic for the servers and exspecailly the donators clearly who ever saying its impossible to have it in game doesnt know anything about scripting i do have years of knownledge of scripting and anything is possible unless the devs have an issue with a challenge to make what the public would see as beneficial

To top that off

1.) it would be a attachment to your chassis that the front wheels of the person being towed would be lifted onto the chassis

2.) person needing assistance would only beable to have assistant for the tower thats in the area of distance

3.)it would be beneficial for players to earn extra cash instead of paying a dead end server pc that the money goes to the game not being used when a player can use that extra dollar

theirs no excuse why this topic should be denied !

All crap ideals this is how it should look like http://www.printbusinesscards.com/w/samples/0/21/61/B216133.jpgwith you using your chassis to tow

//merged posts @RayRay5

This is for those people who DON'T want to "just F7+Enter", and it's also especially for people driving together, to offer a tow to a friend, or help a convoy member get unstuck.

Honestly, even a winch capability would be nice. Just the other night, three of us had to help another driver because they got stuck, and had no money.

I feel it just adds to the realism of the game in general as well.

Edited by CJMAXiK
Merged. Please use "Edit" button.
  • Upvote 1

Might as well reject it :P If SCS ever did incorporate towing i would idle at EP :D There be more tows than others there...

mwl4 could make a mod to do this (physics and animation) but it would require 3 things:

1: Donation of truck skins from the makers or make their own
2: economy on the server (coming soon ™)
3: and a backup plan (F7) if no tows are around, and a way to call out truckers in tow trucks...

But then we will get this: (i swear that cop hit that white car...)

https://youtu.be/QC0aOZZDjq4?t=1m53s

Signature removed by a wondering ghost

SUS0M9O.gif

The base game didn't allow multiplayer ;)

• Upvote 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.