Save Editing

Message added by Phon,

This guide is outdated and may not contain updated, recent information. No support is provided for this guide, follow at your own risk.

Please see this guide for alternative, more detailed save editing information.

• 1 month later...

Cheat engine is way easier it's takes me 5 mins to do it this way looks alot harder

Cheat engine is way mote complicated then using this method.

Cheat engine = 5 minutes of work

Save extraction method = 1 minute of work

Check out my guides on how to match your truck color to your trailer color and sharing your GPS way points3LQ2PnN.png

bdFwCRb.png

Cheat engine is way mote complicated then using this method.

Cheat engine = 5 minutes of work

Save extraction method = 1 minute of work

Looks alot harder with chest engine type in amount of money you have crash into Ai traffic until money drops when it has dropped type in money again scan then the adresses that have come up you change them and you get loads of cash simple

• 1 month later...

none of this helped at all, for a rookie like me you could of explained things a bit better.

"If you look at the "date changed" of the folders there, you'd see your most recently used profile will have the most recent date, open that then open the save,  then click on the save folder " > so you open the most recently used profile.. for what reason? you never said what to do with it after that except to go ahead and open the save folder.. clicking on the "profile" only opens some stuff in the notepad..?

"Get the Game file and drag it to the scsc file" what scsc file? yes i downloaded the link, which is a folder with 3 files inside and dragging the game folder over there only moves it into that scsc folder, nothing else.

As I said, you could of made instructions much more clearer, not all of us are geeks at this stuff

• 3 months later...
On ‎13‎/‎07‎/‎2015 at 0:48 PM, MrCreeper said:

In order to do anythingwe will have to edit your save profile. First we need to make your profile save in a format that can be decrypted. Go to the ETS2 My Documents folder

(C:\Users\[Your username]\Documents\EuroTruckSimulator2)

and open the config.cfg with notepad.

Once you've opened it, press Ctrl + F and search for g_save_format and change the value besides it to "2", as seen below.

1ab24a2fc01bee3422eec36b5a9d72c6.png

Now start up your game, sign into your desired profile, and then quit the game, so that it can auto-save in the new format.

Step 2: Save Editing

For this step you will need to download the save decrypter, which can be downloaded here.

Money Cheat

Hidden Content

Hidden Content

Some of this has been copied from a previous guide because most of the steps are the same :)

--- LINK to the other guide ---

THIS THREAD IS CURRENTLY GETTING UPDATED SO MORE STUFF WILL BE ADDED

• How to change name
  • How to unlock all the garages
  • How to remove the police thing
  • How to get free petrol (Possible, dunno if it'll work)
  • XP (If i can find a way)
  • Any other cool things i can see :P

On ‎13‎/‎07‎/‎2015 at 2:50 PM, The Leeds Lad said:

This is the exact same way as ETS1, but you didn't have to decrypt it back in ETS1 days...

Hi,

I have been seeing alot of modded beacon bars lately, with beacon lights on with led's under them. Is this save game editing or a mod? would like to fins this out so i could do it myself as it looks amazing

Thanks

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi, I've tried to use this thing, but apparently, it doesn't like me.

Here's what I get.

Yes, I have latest Java installed (even reinstalled).

Exception in thread "main" java.lang.IllegalAccessException: Can not set static final boolean field javax.crypto.JceSecurity.isRestricted to java.lang.Boolean
        at sun.reflect.UnsafeFieldAccessorImpl.throwFinalFieldIllegalAccessException(Unknown Source)
        at sun.reflect.UnsafeFieldAccessorImpl.throwFinalFieldIllegalAccessException(Unknown Source)
        at sun.reflect.UnsafeQualifiedStaticBooleanFieldAccessorImpl.set(Unknown Source)
        at java.lang.reflect.Field.set(Unknown Source)
        at scsc.ScsC.removeCryptographyRestrictions(ScsC.java:118)
        at scsc.ScsC.main(ScsC.java:35)

Anything that can be done about this?

On 10/13/2016 at 10:06 AM, a1307blackstar said:

Hi, I've tried to use this thing, but apparently, it doesn't like me.

Here's what I get.

Yes, I have latest Java installed (even reinstalled).

Anything that can be done about this?

Bump. Same issue a week later, program worked yesterday. Seems to have broken with the updated Java version?
Also, http://prntscr.com/cwswpb