Bringing back "/report" command (But with another function)

Good or bad idea ?  

43 members have voted

1. 1. Good or bad idea ?

• Yes (+1)
    • No (-1)

This poll is closed to new votes

Suggestion Description: Bringing back the "/report" command but to get the report screen. I mean you type in the chat "/report <id>" and you get the screen to report that player, same as if you selected his name in the Tab and clicked on "Report player"

Any example images: Nope, because I don't see what I could show

Why should it be added?: Because sometimes doing a report by the Tab is so long (Stop your truck, select the name, click on "Report player", ...) that when you want to click on "Report player" the guy is not anymore in your Tab and you can't report him. With this way we could increase the chances to get a bad driver reported after he done anything wrong.

+1 Maybe a good idea would be to have /report <id> Blo<TAB> Auto-complete this will complete the reason so people dont just put random crap into the report reason

Kind Regards,

El1teZombiezHD

[TruckersMP Retired Team Member (Ex-Game Moderator)]

If you are replying to me, please @mention me (@El1teZombiezHD ) or quote my message otherwise I may not respond

It's already been suggested elsewhere. There's also a problem with the lack of reasons in the box that skip some major rules, such as these:

-Overtaking/Undertaking at Europoort

-Reckless Driving

-Ramming

-Blocking

-Wrong Way

-Inappropriate Parking

-Inappropriate Username

-Spamming (Chat/Horn)

-Profanity/Insulting

-Driving without lights at night

-Exiting map boundaries

-Hacking/Speedhacking/Bug abusing

-Unsupported Mods

It may be a little too much, but you get the point.
  • Upvote 1

signature2019.png.8d2d82f1f80e57ce817e965f0bdde2eb.png

Signature made by Aestrial

@El1teZombiezHD Also a good idea, I didn't thought about an auto complete, we could combine the 2 ways :

- If the person just type /report 1234 it will show her the report window

- If the person type /report 1234 Block the system will understand it's the beginning of Blocking and will confirm the report.

If the system doesn't understand the reason (For example /report 1234 Romming (Instead of Ramming)) he could show in the chat something like "Sorry, I didn't understood the report's reason, could you select it please" and show the reports window.

^

right click and you wil lsee your mouse.

anyway i kinda agree that the chat way is more easier for me.

• Upvote 1

But instead of Clippy, A little reno appears :D begging for attention :P

You my friend. Just earned a medal for my laughter.

+1  The other day I was gonna report an idiot, but he went out of my range, so I couldn't do anything...

This is a primary reason why it should be re-enabled asap. The current tab method is only good for parked up spectating in free roam. It's no way ideal for those who are driving, and its to time consuming with all the clicking the correct ID. If its not broke, don't fix it. ;)

Old method worked a treat for me. +1

Aireviel.jpg

Retired ets2mp trucker, cya all elsewhere. B)

• ~~~~~ TripLogger assistant developer. ~~~~~

• ~~~~~ Follow me on TwitchTV ~~~~~

• ~~~~~ Add me on Steam ~~~~~

• ~~~~~ Don't report players, you will be banned for it. ;) ~~~~~

• ~~~~~ Be Chill, life is only a game ~~~~~

• ~~~~~ Aireviel ~~~~~

• 4 weeks later...

Suggestion Name: Old methods

Suggestion Description: At first, there was a different report method, which we could enter the name of "miscreant", just by knowing your ID and write the reason. This new method using the tab, is a kind of flawed because until you select the person in the tab, the person is gone, and there is not much time to check the ID. Till select the person and etc, it is gone and the victim is injured ...
It would be better if the old method was adopted again, at first the tab is perfect, just part of report that should be reconsidered.

Any example images: ( new method http://i.imgur.com/gyrLc4G.png)

( the old, i don't have print, but you guys know what I mean ) .
Why should it be added?:  Its easier, and the people victimized wont be morally impaired .

PD. I'm not sure if there are already any suggestion like this, but nvm .

• Upvote 1

42sT4Qb.png

It's already been suggested elsewhere. There's also a problem with the lack of reasons in the box that skip some major rules, such as these:

-Overtaking/Undertaking at Europoort
-Reckless Driving
-Ramming
-Blocking
-Wrong Way
-Inappropriate Parking
-Inappropriate Username
-Spamming (Chat/Horn)
-Profanity/Insulting
-Driving without lights at night
-Exiting map boundaries
-Hacking/Speedhacking/Bug abusing
-Unsupported Mods

It may be a little too much, but you get the point.

Cooper's Freightmaster
In Game Administrator

In my opinion I think it's a good idea because when I first came to ETS2MP back in 2014, I used to use the /report <ID> command in the chat which was very simple. Having to press TAB, then find the player that I want to report and not being able to report them because they're too far from me is a dangerous and time consuming task because if your're driving it opens up the risk of crashing. It's happened to me many times before. Some things are better the way they already were :)

• 2 years later...

Not needed as the language the report can be submitted in is not set and might differ. Also, it would take much more time to deal with a report rather than having the current system in place.

Rejected.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.