Suggestion to enable a mod - LED FLASH BEACON

mentalista666

I already got a lot of lag in that places, 35 trucks today. I was driving at 35km/h at 2 fps... lol

BTW, today I saw a lot of trucks with beacons on while they shouldn't.

Hmm... 2fps huh? All I know is that I get a severe fps drop in rotterdam.

And I only use beacons if I'm hauling a Wide load (Mainly that weird tractor with the wheels? sticking out), the loads that have already got the beacons on them or if the load is over 20T.

• Upvote 1

twitter.pngyoutube.png

I had that mod before & it is nice, can't see it causing issues ( people cover their trucks with the ones already in game anyway )...this is what people want but a "right, left, right, left pattern with x2 or 3 flashes per side " or something like that!! 

OMG! WTF! That's really COOL!!!!!!!!!! :D Very clean garbage truck by the way haha

76561198036455845.pngAddFriend.png

I had that mod before & it is nice, can't see it causing issues ( people cover their trucks with the ones already in game anyway )...this is what people want 

but a " right, left, right, left pattern with x2 or 3 flashes per side " or something like that!! 

I want my truck to look like a christmas tree too. Really.

• Upvote 1

76561198016678105.png

Totally agree, SCS could add much more accesories, there are very few of them... Even wheels are not the same in the front and in the rear.

If you are talking about rims on trucks are not the same as the front then the back is because thats how they are supposed to be. In reallife they are not the same.

But these beacons would be a great feature if they want to add them then they can if they decide not too then im fine.

Check out my guides on how to match your truck color to your trailer color and sharing your GPS way points3LQ2PnN.png

bdFwCRb.png

I support the idea, but don't forget this.

Happy Trucking.

Kind Regards,

Aragon.

This is an addition mod, it doesn't replace any other file.

It's just 268KB.

Just a very little mod which I don't think it will be a problem for anybody. People who install this mod will see the LED beacons. People who don't install it won't see them. Nobody will crash.

--------------------------

By the way, thanks for the 666 views for this topic hahaha  :D ,

mentalista666

Each accessory is another line of text to be sent to each player who sees each other...  

Can you tell us what it actually improves in game play other than your personal eye candy and more annoyance for people with migraines and epilepsy for this bandwidth loss? Currently we can actually close the beacons from MP settings.

And about SCS...

SCS try to stick and keep system requirements to minimum. No wonder they don't add much accessory slots...

"Trucking is like love... Only newbies go fast and end up early

"

Each accessory is another line of text to be sent to each player who sees each other...  

Can you tell us what it actually improves in game play other than your personal eye candy and more annoyance for people with migraines and epilepsy for this bandwidth loss? Currently we can actually close the beacons from MP settings.

And about SCS...

SCS try to stick and keep system requirements to minimum. No wonder they don't add much accessory slots...

It makes beacons don't cause LAG, and improve other's trucks visibility.

Of course, you can turn them off in MP settings.

I highly doubt a HD 4000 is going to struggle to render a couple of accessories dots and new beacons etc

Not for 1 (your own) truck only SCS only calculates that, since "AI" does not have accessories and low-poly. But now multiply that by x20 in a convoy, x100 at Rotterdam... And if you are in front, now x3 for mirrors on top of that.

Beacons do cause lag, any animation does... it is "Flat LED"s that don't... And about visibility, if people don't see your beams, they won't see your leds. Also there is something called flash / light horn for that...

Let's admit it, it is only to "pimp your truck and your eye candy", no need to make up non-legit reasons.

Beyond that if that's going to be done, it should be done by SCS. If SCS is fine with it, I'm fine with it. MP seriously should not mess with additional mods.

"Trucking is like love... Only newbies go fast and end up early

"

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.