The dangers of editing money in TruckersMP

Howdy fellow truckers,

one of the motivations for engaging in TruckersMP lies in the rewarding process of earning money through completing deliveries, managing a virtual trucking business, and gradually upgrading vehicles under multiplayer conditions. The manipulation of in-game currency however disrupts this idea, diminishing the motivation for players to drive safe and responsible and engage in the realistic economic aspects of the game.

But the consequences of unlimited funds extend beyond the manipulation of financial rewards.

Players with the ability to edit their money are more likely to making impulsive and reckless spending decisions, such as acquiring high-end trucks and expensive modifications without the need for legitimate progression. This not only undermines the economic realism but also encourages  an environment where the financial consequences of reckless driving are bypassed.

Furthermore, the manipulation of in-game currency removes the threat of financial penalties linked to these incidents, resulting in a concerning lack of accountability for reckless behavior. Without the danger of monetary loss, players are more inclined to engage in aggressive driving, leading to an overall decline of the gaming experience.

It is this increasing occurence of reckless driving that disrupts the harmony of multiplayer sessions, leading to frustration among seasoned players and newcomers.

Taking into account the problems and dangers listed above, I would like to take this opportunity to once again advocate the introduction of non-editable, server-sideed player profiles.

For more safety on the road and a better gaming experience in TruckerMP.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1
  • HaulieThumbsUp 1

I partially agree, but I think getting the latest model vehicles etc. still doesn't end the game and the pleasure. There is still a lot more to do. You can explore new paths, external contracts, truckbooks etc.

We need more transportation events to increase and encourage more careful driving (I think)  
External contracts are very good at this. It offers players a real truck simulation experience. We have to be very careful until we complete the delivery. If deliveries and contracts like this increase - if the tasks and responsibilities increase, I think my driver friends will be more responsible.

Honestly in my opinion, I don't think this would fix the issue but It would turn more players away from the game. For example if you spend hours in single player designing trucks that you want to use in an event for example but to then switch to multiplayer and loose that truck because the save is stored on the server. This would also mean that TMP would cost more to run as we would need separate server storage for everyone's save files and a whole staff base to deal with save issues. 

People play the game for different reasons, some like to log in and spend 3 hours making a nice truck to add to their collection and others just want to drive with friends. 

I like the idea of progressive rewards and external contracts, maybe or even make the fragile loads even more fragile but may the pay off so much more than what it currently is.

ETS 2 and ATS are Single Player Games. Therefore the Grind in these Games is focussed on the individual Player. SCS Convoy Mode is still Single Player but you can drive together with your Friends, but you are not Grinding together! TruckersMP is a Mass Multiplayer Game and like other Multiplayer Games, it needs his own Set of Basic Settings, which are the same for every Player ( Physics, EXP, Rank, Money, Upgrades)!

This means, TruckersMP need his own Profile Server, to make sure that no Player can manipulate his Profile, based on the Basics.

This, on the other Hand, would be a massive change of Gameplay, and i am sure there are many Players out there who would enjoying this! It would also give the VTC System of TruckersMP a useful meaning.

But, and here comes the big BUT, this would need more Manpower to Develop such System, this need a massive Change of Rules, it needs a own Team of Moderation and the most Important, it needs Extra Money/Donations to keep the needed Servers alive and Secure.

And, what is also Important, it would not prevent Trolls of beingTrolls and doing Troll Stuff!

Tired of being Banned and Insulted for Reckless Driving/Overtaking?! Join the "6x4-300" Horsepower Gang! Experience Real Truck Driving and Chilled Acceleration!

It's been shown time and time again by staff. They just don't care about server issued and server locked profiles.

Most players just don't care about the time sink. Nor have the time to sink in to a legit profile. They want the funds to repair their antics while driving their skoda. Otherwise, section 2 of the rules would probably be more considerate. Like a parent who has taken away a phone or a gaming console as a punishment.

In the past, i've used this workshop mod

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1105656290

Just 1 job, can get you over a million quickly and basically makes it free to get more garages and upgrade them.

4 hours ago, blabberbeak said:

Taking into account the problems and dangers listed above, I would like to take this opportunity to once again advocate the introduction of non-editable, server-sideed player profiles.

How to loose probably more than half of your player base overnight, i dont know if they could do it for specific servers but forcing that on people will just massively p*** off the community big time!

• Like 1

nah sorry but when i see u in the forum its mostly to complain about stuff... i got money saveedited tbh and dont drive reckless either because at first i dont wanna get banned and 2nd because of the reputation of the vtc and the trouble with the boss... anyway earning money is easy enough with the vanilla game and if u mean with non editable profiles that i cant saveedit parts on my truck/trailer the gaming experience wont get better

In single-player mode, the game's traffic system poses certain challenges for drivers, which can be easy to overcome. In multiplayer mode, players need to be prepared against multiple threats. Therefore, it can introduce a special reward system for tasks performed online.

• Thanks 1

Ahhhh

Well, I say no to your advocate.

Trucks been edited because of unlimited money cheats

it's not and never the reason for reckless driving.

Iveco is the least truck and can still be use to drive reckless. The last time I checked,some were saying TMP should remove scout cars because it's been use to drive reckless. Some of us  including you @blabberbeak said it's not the cars but the idiot who drives it.

So I can't see how money cheats is the reason for reckless driving. 

Edited or non-edited A reckless driver will always be a reckless driver know matter what he or she drives.

• True Story 1

It is correct, back in the Days without the Scodas, PPL used just Bobtail Trucks to Troll other Players. And with the adding of the /fix Command, they used Trailer too, cause there were more ways to troll. But, the Point of this Suggestion is, it does not matter if you have any Accidents, cause if needed, you are able to use a Save Game Reload. And with Profile Editing you are able to Skip the Single Player Grind, what i am recommend if you want to keep your Single Player Profile away from TruckersMP, but you want to keep the Progress.

This is for the current State of TruckersMP.

All this can change, when TruckersMP starting to make the Gameplay more challenging and implement an interesting Grind and Profile Management that can not be modified by the Player!

Tired of being Banned and Insulted for Reckless Driving/Overtaking?! Join the "6x4-300" Horsepower Gang! Experience Real Truck Driving and Chilled Acceleration!

Greetings!

When I started playing ETS2, I never used money mods for my first profile and I still haven't used it in my main profile until now. During the start I always used to be that kind of guy, "Let's do another long delivery and that should be enough to buy a new truck". This kind of mindset helped me to build my profile to such an extent that now I have managed to accumulate a lot of money along with 25-30 good trucks, a variety of trailers and garages in most countries. 

Apart from that I have used money mods in a separate profile just so that I could design new trucks and what not. I believe that if you want to get the original feel of the game where you grind daily, do many deliveries and earn that money yourself. I agree to the fact that it's a lot of effort but those players who like this kind of approach would definitely want to give it a try. Once you have achieved a certain amount, it becomes a cycle of events where you purchase a new truck, customize it and then again do 1-2 deliveries and you get the same money back which you spent.

• Like 1

100% editing money is NOT the way to go! 

Why mod all the money in the world into your account and have everything at your finger tips.

Soon after you mod all your money you will run out of things to do, get bored, and stop playing.

If you don't mod your money you are working non-stop to bring in money and buy your first truck, trying your hardest to get that load there in one piece so you can make as much as possible from that run, and then you buy your first truck and it feels AMAZING!

Don't mod your money! It's not worth it.

I dont agree with that. I have billions of dollars because my game profile is old. I dont drive any worse because of it and i am not bored with the game. And so even if we made server side only profiles somehow, it wouldent remove the trolls or the people driving badly. People will drive badly no matter what. And so this suggestion wont fix anything, it will only limit people and people dont tend to like that.

I think that most of the reckless drivers are just trolls and they don't care about repairing their truck because they can load previous save where their truck remains untact so it automatically makes then not need money and they just don't feel financial threat of causing damage to other players. Concerning the matter of developing your account, it doesn't take long time to earn considrable about of money and save editing isn't needed. Although I don't see the reason to create server-sideed player profiles as it will be associated with additional costs I guess and there are more cons than pros of this idea, many of them listed by people above me.

• Like 1

Even the cheapest trucks can be dangerous to reckless driving, nothing would change. There will always be people who can't drive or don't want to drive. Of course I don't think it's a good thing that you can change your money, but it doesn't bother me. It has its advantages and disadvantages that you can change your save profile. 

I play everything myself and drive realistically. 

• Like 1

Thanks to all who answered.

The influence of non-editable profiles on a user's driving behavior should not be overlooked.

This is particularly noteworthy when considering the inevitable situation where users may exhaust their resources, leaving them unable to repair damaged vehicles or acquire new ones. Naturally, it would be imperative to eliminate the /fix command and other workarounds from the game permanently.

Without these options, users would be compelled to find alternative means to either regain their financial standing or persist in their reckless driving behaviors.

Admittedly, engaging in quick jobs remains a viable possibility for users to regain access to vehicles.

It is an interesting idea. But if I were a troll, or someone who does not care about playing the game like you do, I would just loan money and then drive recklessly anyway.

How would you stop that behaviour?

Eventually their money would run out. But what if they just load a save?

What if they just make another profile and loan money again?

Would banks be disabled, or saves? Would the amount of profiles you can have be restricted?

Maybe there is an answer and solution to all of these. But I cannot see how it would severely impact the gameplay of people who just want to log in and enjoy a nice drive without having to worry about how much money they have, how much experience they need to buy an accessory, or how their drivers are doing and if they are making enough profit, etc.

Kind regards,

partyaap

Driver - Bruijn Logistics

Rules | Knowledge Base | SupportFeedbackRecruitmentNews | Events | Staff Team

*Views and opinions expressed are my own and do not represent anything or anyone else.

On 2/19/2024 at 12:39 PM, partyaap said:

But I cannot see how it would severely impact the gameplay of people who just want to log in and enjoy a nice drive without having to worry about how much money they have, how much experience they need to buy an accessory, or how their drivers are doing and if they are making enough profit, etc.

Fair enough, if one doesn't strive for what the simulation aspects of the simulator.

But that is not the topic here.

• True Story 1

2 hours ago, blabberbeak said:

Fair enough, if one doesn't strive for what the simulation aspects of the simulator.

But that is not the topic here.

Would you have any solutions to the other issues?

Kind regards,

partyaap

Driver - Bruijn Logistics

Rules | Knowledge Base | SupportFeedbackRecruitmentNews | Events | Staff Team

*Views and opinions expressed are my own and do not represent anything or anyone else.

(Sorry for my bad English.)

I am the one who edit his money. Why? Cuz I get fustrated when I try to save some money and a dumb NPC or player make something and my truck got 100k damage. I got money just to repair and customize my truck. I don t drive reckless. 

Second, it’s like in reality, some people have a lot of money and they drive reckless, if they are catch, they got fine or they arest idk. Same here, just like in reality. For some ppl is hard to make money. I don t have time to play 24/24 to make it. So I got money to repair my truck when someone hit me.

• Like 1