Are the admins in TMP enough

ELDEST

I unfortunately cannot see too many admins in the game during crowded hours and places while playing the game. I think the number of admins can be increased a little more to protect the security in the game. What do you think? Thanks to everyone who contributed. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, ELDEST said:

I unfortunately cannot see too many admins in the game during crowded hours and places while playing the game. I think the number of admins can be increased a little more to protect the security in the game. What do you think? Thanks to everyone who contributed. 

Why not become a TruckersMP team member yourself?

Just regulary check the announcements of TruckersMP vacancies and apply for becoming a game moderator.

• Upvote 2

10 hours ago, ELDEST said:

They are hidden and not visible by normal people.

• Haha 1

INDIAN-TRUCKERS.png

Just now, InsanoDeath said:

They are hidden and not visible by normal people.

They are Role Playing the Police Helicopter of the "Blue Thunder" Movie and singing " I am the Eye in the Sky, looking at youuuuhuuuu......" by Alan Parsons Projekt.

• Haha 4

Tired of being Banned and Insulted for Reckless Driving/Overtaking?! Join the "6x4-300" Horsepower Gang! Experience Real Truck Driving and Chilled Acceleration!

Dont forget, they have to do a lot of Office Work too. I assume that the Paper Crap is more Time Consuming than doing in Flycam some Ingame Work. Remember, all Players who Violate the Rules and get banned are Innocent and can Appeal their ban, even when they were caught in the act!

• True Story 1

Tired of being Banned and Insulted for Reckless Driving/Overtaking?! Join the "6x4-300" Horsepower Gang! Experience Real Truck Driving and Chilled Acceleration!

Maybe they don't have time, because it's a game, so it doesn't take time away from the GM's life. Maybe they work, maybe they spend time with their family. Of course, you can always try to apply to be a GM when GM recruitment starts.

Kind regards

Yu Jian TMP

My Page  ▍ rules  ▍  tickets   ▍  Submit your report   ▍ Talent acquisition

@ELDEST

Hello! Regarding your question, I can answer it simply. First of all, for TMP staff, it is unlikely that they can patrol online 24 hours a day in the game and deal with players who violate the rules. They have their own business, work, family and so on in real life. In many places with a lot of traffic, TMP staff can watch from a flying perspective or have patrolling administrators and plainclothes administrators. Here I want to explain that no matter whether the administrator's permission is on the go, it cannot prevent troublemakers and vandalism of other players. This situation often requires players to consciously abide by the rules. Of course, TMP has opened 2 recruitment of full-time report moderators, as well as the recruitment of game moderators. If you think you are suitable, you can have a try. Once you are on it, you will know what the job of an administrator is. Hope to answer your questions.

I'm not saying anything bad about you, I'm just saying things that you can understand! Please don't mind!

Remember that game moderators are also human just like us players, they can't stay online 24 hours a day in-game to deal with rule violations, although I'm sure they try their best.

Are there enough game moderators in TMP? That is a question we can't answer, it is up to TMP's game moderation management whether they have enough game moderators in place, and if not they always open the application to recruit more people.

• Like 1

Hello !

Even by recruiting double the team it will be impossible for TruckersMP to be monitored 24/7, especially since a significant number of staff members will have to be on the C-D or the road to death of the promods for example..

Don't forget that despite their positions, each person has a life on their side, and cannot necessarily be connected for 4/5 hours or more, and moreover they must process web and in-game reports when they have time to be present.

There will never be a silver bullet for constant monitoring, but I can only advise the community to report players with toxic behavior !

• True Story 1

1797472539_TMP.webp.542b008508f3e29324b9b29eabffd2f6.webp.30dac118f31a8f248f33bc747a0d48d2.webp

if you see someone breaking the rules, you can always help them by reporting that player.

According to TruckersMp 2023 Recap - the Game Moderation Team went from 104 to 132 members. That is 132 staff members VS more than 6k players during rush hours. 

Its almost imposible to watch every single player.

And one question for you, would you be able to handle team of 132 members ? 

• True Story 1

• Project Manager

We have just had a recruitment to add more people to our GM team. It's now with 110+ members the largest it has ever been.

During peak time, we get around 20 reports per minute on Sim 1 alone. We once calculated we would need a team of 2000 Game Moderators in-game to review all reports while still dealing with appeals and uploading evidence and absences etc. I don't think that is realistic as we would also need 300 Game Moderator Leaders to perform quality control, probably 100 trainers, and several dozen managers. 

What is more feasible is the solution we have been aiming for for a while now; a system like CS:GO and other games where experienced players anonymously rate reports and bans are issued on that if a specific amount of random players rate the report positively. Our team would review appeals. 

However, this is a quite big change technology-wise and moderation-wise and is not something coming anytime soon.

Just wanted to add this to the conversation 😄

• Like 5
  • Thanks 4
  • Upvote 1
  • HaulieLove 3
  • HaulieThumbsUp 2
  • Awesome! 2

Appeal your banSubmit feedback | Have a nice day 🧡

3 hours ago, Luna said:

We have just had a recruitment to add more people to our GM team. It's now with 110+ members the largest it has ever been.

During peak time, we get around 20 reports per minute on Sim 1 alone. We once calculated we would need a team of 2000 Game Moderators in-game to review all reports while still dealing with appeals and uploading evidence and absences etc. I don't think that is realistic as we would also need 300 Game Moderator Leaders to perform quality control, probably 100 trainers, and several dozen managers. 

What is more feasible is the solution we have been aiming for for a while now; a system like CS:GO and other games where experienced players anonymously rate reports and bans are issued on that if a specific amount of random players rate the report positively. Our team would review appeals. 

However, this is a quite big change technology-wise and moderation-wise and is not something coming anytime soon.

So everybody's going to have an AdminView?:(((

2024-02-06072402.png.d4acb22898ccf6198e40c4be821ea75f.png

3 hours ago, Luna said:

Would it not making more Sense to find other Ways, to make the Gameplay of Mass Multiplayer Truck Driving more interesting, than the currently ongoing PvP Battle and Trolling? Having "experienced" Anonymously Players who helping with Moderating Stuff, comes with the Danger, that these Players acting like "Minime Backseat Admins" Ingame. You know, People who think that they are "Important", doing this from Time to Time! 😉 

• True Story 1

In fact, everyone in this game is an administrator themselves and you can take a video recording and report someone you think is guilty.
Unfortunately, admins can't reach everywhere all the time.

• Like 2

1797472539_TMP.webp

---------------------------------------

I think there are to many reports made, they can never be enough;

From what i read around, the future direction is to focus on in-game reports by creating a dedicated system,

Reading the 2023 recap, "we received a total of 1.4 million reports, with about 1.2 million in-game reports and 213K web reports"; if they are already struggling to handle 213k web reports, how do they handle 1.2 million more reports? 

Seeing the numbers (also from the moderator team 2021 post) most in-game reports are not reviewed (from the 2021 moderators team post, only a 17%; to know whether it can still be reliable you have to compare how many game moderators there were at that time and how many there are now to get a rough idea); the reports in the website system are a small fraction compared to the actual volume, is not a reliable indicator; and you have to think that moderation in the game is more demanding and consumes more time than moderation work done in the website

• True Story 1

spacer.png _raffaele_ spacer.png

Many admins are making efforts for TMP and TMP users. But my opinion is they're not enough to moderating the game.

For a pleasant and clean game, quick action is required to malicious users. I think that's probably one of the things many users want.

However, despite the efforts of many admins, we often feel like we are not good enough. For example, most of in-game reports are not reviewed by GMs or RMs, and load status of website reports is almost always 'Heavy' or 'Very Heavy'. I don't know the reason, but after the recruitment announcement, its condition improves a little bit, but it gets back shortly to Heavy or Very Heavy.

I have no intention of disparaging their hard works and efforts. But if the condition is just improving for a 'short time', there's definitely something problem in somewhere. I think there are too many users and reports for them to handle.

There were almost 1.4M reports in 2023.

Edited by TaeHyeon
To add detail

Just because you don't see GMs in game doesn't mean they're not there.

A lot of GMs enjoy, or prefer, "lurking" instead of flashing their red name all over the place. So just because you don't see a red name doesn't mean they're not watching.  

With all the action taking place on CD road alone, it would require that 20% of all players are game moderators to watch every single inch on the road to take instant action. Which obviously isn't possible - or wanted.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

- I'm not saying I'm Wonder Woman; I'm just saying no one has ever seen me and Wonder Woman in the same room together.

18 hours ago, Cαρταιn Μιx said:

With all the action taking place on CD road alone, it would require that 20% of all players are game moderators to watch every single inch on the road to take instant action. Which obviously isn't possible - or wanted.

Who said it is not Wanted? Many of 24/7/366 D-C Players having amorous Dreams about it! 😄

Hello @ELDEST,

First of all thank you for taking the time to write this topic and share it with the community on the forum. 

That said, I can say that the moderators are always working to make the game better for everyone. Of course, it must be taken into account that each moderator has his or her own personal life in reality in addition to the game. It is true that being a moderator there is a responsibility and above all a commitment, but everyone always does their best when they are present. 

Unfortunately, both on the game and on the reporting system, too many people are often reported who do not respect the rules of the game and each moderator handles each report sent as soon as possible. 

Kind Regards, 

ROMANISTA [ITA] 

1329247034_role_ReportModerator(1).png.9

18 hours ago, ROMANISTA [ITA] said:

That said, I can say that the moderators are always working to make the game better for everyone. Of course, it must be taken into account that each moderator has his or her own personal life in reality in addition to the game. It is true that being a moderator there is a responsibility and above all a commitment, but everyone always does their best when they are present.

Your answer was predictable, because no active TruckersMP team member would denounce itself or other team members of not doing a heck of a job.

18 hours ago, ROMANISTA [ITA] said:

Unfortunately, both on the game and on the reporting system, too many people are often reported who do not respect the rules of the game and each moderator handles each report sent as soon as possible. 

How can there be too many violators being reported? Isn't it in the interest of this entire community to remove as many rule-breakers as possible?

• HaulieLove 1