Update to our Game Moderation Strategy

MisterAndeh

7 minutes ago, L-DR@GO said:

To argue with me ...

I hope this doesn't hurt you too much, poor creature, I've seen you invest so much time and posts in crying about how unfair is TMP,

I don't know if you know, usually if the ban is right they leave you banned,

You stated that players have no right to question the moderator behaviour after all the essay you wrote, players can question moderators behaviour in the appeal, if it's not enough you can make a feedback ticket and you can talk with the game management,

In what part of this process are you taken away from the right to question the behavior of the moderator who banned you?

spacer.png _raffaele_ spacer.png

I'm honestly surprised the debate about GM anonymity is still on going 😅

It's not a conspiracy theory... A GM being anonymous literally hasn't changed the way they enforce the rules.
As stated by the GM team already, they have internal rules and guidelines to follow. They aren't all best mates hanging out waiting to ban players 🤷‍♂️
I would assume the change was made because the average player causes a toxic environment when challenged about breaking a rule.
If I was volunteering my time to moderate a free modification of a game, and constantly got abuse, I'd want to be anonymous too.

TMP are very clear with their rules, and how they are enforced, no one is forcing anyone to play this mod, if anyone disagrees with how TMP works, I hear singleplayer is fun.. :HaulieLove:

• Thanks 2
  • True Story 3

48 minutes ago, Bеаn said:

If you're really that fussed about the abuse you'll receive—don't become an admin. If you really think people are going to be happy about you banning them—you're delusional. People aren't supposed to insult others, but they still do. If you can't take it, don't be in a position to get it. Simply removing who banned someone isn't the magical cure management seems to think it is. Instead, it turns a once simple objective into a "guess-who" game. If someone really wants to track someone down and hurl abuse, they'll do it. Not having a name is no barrier to determination.

Just because someone can "take" having insults thrown at them for no good reason, doesn't mean they should have to take those insults when giving up many hours a week volunteering for a game that is basically a losing battle with the way a lot of players break the rules.

Imagine someone plastering all over your social media profiles, calling you a "p*do" and similar stuff all because they got banned from a game. A game which Game Moderators are trying their best to keep running the best they can. This happened to me, back when I was in Management here at TMP. While I didn't care about being called something I know I am not, It did bother me that others may see that and think otherwise of me, all because of someone who cannot control their anger and appeal a ban correctly. Anonymising should really have been a thing from the very beginning, players just don't like losing sight of what they've had for years. Everyone will get used to it - it'll be forgotten in times to come.

Sometimes you have to ride the rough sea to reach the brighter end, this is one of those changes.

59 minutes ago, Bеаn said:

The most harrowing "threat" being talked about is people getting death threats. A death threat is nothing more than a coward trying to act tough, and is exactly that—a threat. If someone somehow finds your personal information—it wasn't hidden well enough. If they come to your house, close the door and phone the police—it's not rocket science. None of what has changed will change anything; it'll just make the determined even more determined and the curious even more curious.

Just because someone is behind a computer screen does not mean they should be treated any less well than someone you meet on the street. A threat, or a physical punch up, either way you would come off as *words that cannot be said here.* (And no, I don't mean YOU, I just mean whoever said the threats.)

Game Moderators deserve respect. It's stressful and hard work no matter who you are.

11 minutes ago, chaotic-control said:

As stated by the GM team already, they have internal rules and guidelines to follow. They aren't all best mates hanging out waiting to ban players 🤷‍♂️
I would assume the change was made because the average player causes a toxic environment when challenged about breaking a rule.

Can conform this is the case also, has been the case for many years. Just thinking about the comment in regards to the internal rules and guidelines. 

Might be worth these being published in the rules section here on the forums. I cannot recall anything in there that wouldn't be ok for players to see. Players might actually also have some good suggestions that aren't in there and would help the general player base feel more confident about Game Moderation here at TMP. It's all about being as transparent as possible I guess.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • HaulieLove 1

25 minutes ago, ChrisPatrol said:

Game Moderators deserve respect

Game moderators should get thicker skin and bare it. Can't take it, ignore it. Like every other human being. 

Nothing has changed that'll prevent anything. So what's the point? 

Ban someone - they don't like it? They send you insults? Blank it out? Millions of people get insulted daily - you don't see them running around hiding their names. Can't take it - bugger off, plain and simple. 

12 minutes ago, Bеаn said:

Game moderators should get thicker skin and bare it. Can't take it, ignore it. Like every other human being. 

Ban someone - they don't like it? They send you insults? Blank it out? Millions of people get insulted daily - you don't see them running around hiding their names. Can't take it - bugger off, plain and simple. 

Ah yes, just ignore it. Why didn't we think of this before?

Kind regards,

partyaap

Driver - Bruijn Logistics

Rules | Knowledge Base | SupportFeedbackRecruitmentNews | Events | Staff Team

*Views and opinions expressed are my own and do not represent anything or anyone else.

17 minutes ago, Bеаn said:

Ignoring it is a part of the problem and doesn't resolve anything = they've been ignoring it for over 9 years. And you wonder why the turnover is fairly constant? Anything that is done to actually keep GMs here is a bonus in my book.

I would say that the current Problem is not the Game Moderation and/or the Game Moderators! The Problem is the Gameplay and Server Setup that TruckersMP is offering in Corelation with the Rules which TruckersMP is trying to force! Realistic Road Rules and an open Server Setup, which is  not creating the same Driving Circumstances for all Players, colliding with the Age Gap, Knowledge, Experience and Motivation of each Player.

Unfortunately there are too many Players, who give a Shit on the Rules and playing TruckersMP with the Intention to create Chaos at all Costs. The Players, who want to play this Game as a Simulator, need to share the Servers with these Trolls without any chance to avoiding them. Driving in Empty Map Areas and avoiding populated Areas is against the meaning of a Multiplayer Game!

The Last Rule and Server Changes of TruckersMP Gameplay being more benifitional for the Trolls and not for the Simplayers or Semi Simplayers.

I suggest you Guys stop arguing mainly about the Rules and Game Moderation and start to thinking about the Changes that are possible and compare TruckersMP of 2014  between 2023!

- What is the Difference in Gameplay?

- What is the Motivation to play a Multiplayer Truck Driving Game then and now?

- What can TruckersMP do, to improve the Gameplay and making it more interesting to play the Game as a Simulation?

- Would it make Sense to set a Server with pure Simulation Settings and a harder Moderation/Punishment and you need to proof that you are willing and being able to play within the Rules?

- Would it make Sense to create a own TruckersMP Game Profile Management and skip the Default SCS Profile?

In the Past, TruckersMP said, they do not want to divide the Community! In fact, the Community is already divided! There are Simplayers, Semi-Sim Players and Trolls! Saying " ....its up to the Individual Player how he want to play!" is a Bullshit Argumentation. The current Gameplay and Servers giving 3 Options: Be a Bully, get bullied or enjoy a Empty Map with the Chance of being a Bully or getting Bullied!

• True Story 3
  • HaulieThumbsUp 1

Tired of being Banned and Insulted for Reckless Driving/Overtaking?! Join the "6x4-300" Horsepower Gang! Experience Real Truck Driving and Chilled Acceleration!

7 hours ago, Max.Luemmel said:

Unfortunately there are too many Players, who give a Shit on the Rules and playing TruckersMP with the Intention to create Chaos at all Costs. The Players, who want to play this Game as a Simulator, need to share the Servers with these Trolls without any chance to avoiding them. Driving in Empty Map Areas and avoiding populated Areas is against the meaning of a Multiplayer Game!

The Last Rule and Server Changes of TruckersMP Gameplay being more benifitional for the Trolls and not for the Simplayers or Semi Simplayers.

The TMP of 2014 were there no trolls ?

Would it make Sense to set a Server with pure Simulation Settings and a harder Moderation/Punishment and you need to proof that you are willing and being able to play within the Rules?

when it was so...

did it stop trolls in the game..???

Would it make Sense to create a own TruckersMP Game Profile Management and skip the Default SCS Profile?

hmm

are you for real..

Somebody please 🙏 give this guy a Brain 🧠. 😃😃

skip the main owners of the game 🤣

Your write up ...is filled with curse words Bro.. and your talking about trolls 😃😃🤣

Driving in Empty Map Areas and avoiding populated Areas is against the meaning of a Multiplayer Game!

TMP did not force anyone to drive in a particular place in the game ..

You all chose that..

and what do you want them to do about it ???

what do you mean by that???

what is a simple player?

and a semi-simple player?

whatever decisions TMP made or did ... was not them taking that decision by themselves 

it was for the community... and the community decided what they wanted...

TMP gave them what they wanted...

if you wanted a pure simulation server and it was not put in place by TMP

that means the majority of the community is still okay with what is in place..

know this.......

Change is constant 

If you need to change 

If you love change and 

believe in change 

YOU DON'T DWELL IN THE PAST

25 minutes ago, L-DR@GO said:

The TMP of 2014 were there no trolls ?

when it was so...

did it stop trolls in the game..???

hmm

are you for real..

Somebody please 🙏 give this guy a Brain 🧠. 😃😃

skip the main owners of the game 🤣

Your write up ...is filled with curse words Bro.. and your talking about trolls 😃😃🤣

TMP did not force anyone to drive in a particular place in the game ..

You all chose that..

and what do you want them to do about it ???

what do you mean by that???

what is a simple player?

and a semi-simple player?

whatever decisions TMP made or did ... was not them taking that decision by themselves 

it was for the community... and the community decided what they wanted...

TMP gave them what they wanted...

if you wanted a pure simulation server and it was not put in place by TMP

that means the majority of the community is still okay with what is in place..

know this.......

Change is constant 

If you need to change 

If you love change and 

believe in change 

YOU DON'T DWELL IN THE PAST

I will ingore the fact that you're not even writing a full sentence correctly, you're trying to compose music lyrics or something?

I have to admit that this drama has been more than interesting since the beginning but right now the situation has gone too far in my opinion.

Try to focus your energy somewhere else because this is getting boring honestly. Take care.

• Upvote 3

23 minutes ago, PunisherQQ said:

I will ingore the fact that you're not even writing a full sentence correctly, you're trying to compose music lyrics or something?

I have to admit that this drama has been more than interesting since the beginning but right now the situation has gone too far in my opinion.

Try to focus your energy somewhere else because this is getting boring honestly. Take care.

Ohhhh

Finally I have touched your temper

That's interesting....🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Full sentence writer...

Professor punisher 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣😃😃😃🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

Did you throw away ur popcorn 🍿 in anger.....before typing this ??

Now it has gotten to ur turn ...

Take heart bro 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

4 minutes ago, L-DR@GO said:

Ohhhh

Finally I have touched your temper

That's interesting....🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Full sentence writer...

Professor punisher 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣😃😃😃🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

Did you throw away ur popcorn 🍿 in anger.....before typing this ??

Now it has gotten to ur turn ...

Take heart bro 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

You need to understand that this is not even fun anymore. It was at least interesting for a time.

It's clearly that you're desperate for attention but it's fine, you can still do good and just stop.

You're not even laying facts anymore, you're just trying to keep this beef as long as you want just to have fun.

If you wanna hear me out fine, if not, then do your thing buddy. This will probably be my last post since I hate to explain stuff to people that clearly won't even try to understand a thing. So once again take care. 🍿

9 minutes ago, PunisherQQ said:

You need to understand that this is not even fun anymore. It was at least interesting for a time.

It's clearly that you're desperate for attention but it's fine, you can still do good and just stop.

You're not even laying facts anymore, you're just trying to keep this beef as long as you want just to have fun.

If you wanna hear me out fine, if not, then do your thing buddy. This will probably be my last post since I hate to explain stuff to people that clearly won't even try to understand a thing. So once again take care. 🍿

Bro..

I don't want to become a Moderator

And I will never apply for any post trust me..

Am okay been a driver..

I don't need any moderating post..

To become me..

And to satisfy your curiousity 

TMP will never take me in there team...

I no that very well..

I have challenged a bit of here and there

And most of the Moderators don't like me...

And talking about attention...

I have always been in the Forum

Where have you been ?

And to that fact..

That was why your post was deleted before......

Simple

The lyrical me 🤣🤣🤣

@L-DR@GO signing out 

Peace Brother ✌️

I think the changes are a good step in the right direction. Maybe it would be a good idea to create more responsibility for the players themselves. 

It could be a good solution to give the players a chance to handle the situation themselves. If player1 reports player2 than player2 gets a message that he is reported and can see the evidence and has a chance to find a solution with player1. Just if this escalates or they can't find a solution together the report has to be send to a game moderator.

So First level players themselves 

Second level Game Mods

The Game Mods should be able to see the conversation of the players and judge the behavior of both players within the hole process.

So players should be able to ban other players but the reported player has to accept the ban request.

There should be a system that report forwarding will lead to a higher penalty and there should be a penalty for unnecessary forwards for example if one player don't want to find a solution. 

I believe in the goodness of humanity!

21 hours ago, L-DR@GO said:

Not until you use the line " nonsense "

Well.. am not even surprised that you don't have an idea of it...

I read your answer and your other posts here, so I came to some conclusions:

you are negative and it doesn’t matter to you what answers they give you. Out of my entire message, you chose only one word that became a "trigger" for you - nonsense. Well, this is enough for me to understand that I need to ignore you and not waste time on you, since it is impossible to have any constructive conversation with you, because, as I said, you don’t care about answers, you need to waste other people’s time. So I don't see any point in explaining anything to you. So I will look at your answer and if you again confirm what I said - you will lose any interest for me and I will not answer you.
Anyway, have a nice evening and be kind to people, don't put yourself above others. Bye-bye.

ResTed.gif

Бронзовый призёр в номинации "Сотрудник поддержки 2016"

Game Moderator Leader of the Year 2019 - #2

TMPForum.png

• DevOps
23 hours ago, Bеаn said:

If you drive along C-D during peak hours, I can pretty much bet that you'll come across at least one admin.

The point is not to make moderators faceless and anonymous. The point is to stop giving a clear target to people that don't take punishments in a civilized manner.

• Upvote 1

7E101F654E54E71C593E6D33440659C42C52854E077EB0271EBF55AC165087AD3403ED880E173A6CA34CB6E529D64E40

On 10/5/2023 at 8:29 PM, Bеаn said:

If you drive along C-D during peak hours, I can pretty much bet that you'll come across at least one admin.

Can guarantee that isnt the case, i got crap on discord for asking for a mod to turn up during the construction phase in calais because somebody was blocking a road for 45 mins and NOBODY was about. 

the person blocking the road didnt even get kicked.

Oop I'm a bit late to this boat. 

I personally think this change is very promising. The amount of effort people go through to ensure that everyone around them in the server gets punished for something trivial is amazing, and I wonder where they get that energy from. And I think the sort of people that live to just shout "REC BAN" for something very trivial are the same sort of people that drive as recklessly as possible, overtaking everyone at bends or on terrain, zooming around bends at 110km/h while being literally at the other side of the road. I really hope the rec banning culture could be put to a partial stop.

I do want to however mention that I believe reports should also be based on whether the person recording the incident could have 

A - Prevented the accident by braking early or changing to another lane

B - If this "recording" was taken intentionally to ban them (i.e. if they intentionally switched lanes to make them ram into their truck and framing it as them intentionally ramming)

C - If the recording driver is driving as recklessly or even more recklessly than them (i.e. they're approaching bends at inappropriate speeds)

And should it be the case where the recording driver intentionally set them up to be "Rec banned", they should be punished where possible.

unless tmp already do this then feel free to ignore

banner

3 hours ago, ^3v. said:

The point is to stop giving a clear target to people that don't take punishments in a civilized manner.

Anyone can be a clear target if you designate them to be. Anyone can disperse abuse to whom ever they feel. The meet the team page has an entire list of possible people. If someone was determined enough, they'd just pick a staff member at random and go to town. 

1 hour ago, Be4rdy said:

i got crap on discord for asking for a mod to turn up

Probably because you're not meant to do that 😕

4 hours ago, ^3v. said:

The point is not to make moderators faceless and anonymous. The point is to stop giving a clear target to people that don't take punishments in a civilized manner.

As far as i know, in Case a Player/User is not acting in a "civilized manner", TruckersMP is able to take appropriate Action against this Guy! I thought, TruckersMP wanted to be more transparent to the Community! I can understand that Harassent and Insulting is a absolute No Go and should be punished. But anonymization of the Staff Member to protecting them, sound a bit odd. If we are at this Point that Staff Members of a Free to Play Modification need to be protected in this way, then there might be more serious Problems than a "simple" change to the Moderation! As longer this Discussion is going and if i look at the actual Changes now and in the Past 2 Years, TruckersMP doing more and more Steps backwards!

• Upvote 1

Tired of being Banned and Insulted for Reckless Driving/Overtaking?! Join the "6x4-300" Horsepower Gang! Experience Real Truck Driving and Chilled Acceleration!

• DevOps
1 hour ago, Bеаn said:

Anyone can be a clear target if you designate them to be. Anyone can disperse abuse to whom ever they feel. The meet the team page has an entire list of possible people. If someone was determined enough, they'd just pick a staff member at random and go to town. 

Yes, but the issue generally comes from people taking the punishment personally and wanting to go after the person responsible. Going after a stranger who may not have anything to do with it other than doing the same tasks in general is much less likely.

13 minutes ago, Max.Luemmel said:

As far as i know, in Case a Player/User is not acting in a "civilized manner", TruckersMP is able to take appropriate Action against this Guy!

Prefer to use preventative measures instead of reactive ones, especially when in some cases it has escalated beyond things done online.

7E101F654E54E71C593E6D33440659C42C52854E077EB0271EBF55AC165087AD3403ED880E173A6CA34CB6E529D64E40

1 hour ago, Bеаn said:

Because it's possible doesn't mean that has to be ok and the norm. Staff members still have the right to not have to take abuse, regardless of whether you say they should or not.