Exploring the New Chat System

Leon Baker

I think the idea of changing the chat interface is a good one! 👍 

I am also waiting for the change of the "TAB - scoreboard" interface.

I would like the commands and all content of the scoreboard to be translated into other languages, e.g. Polish, just like the new launcher. It is not a time-consuming job. This function is very useful, there are very young players, as well as older ones without knowledge of foreign languages, and the speed of learning commands in your own language will be a big + for the community.

15 hours ago, TTVBritAthena said:

the chat can still be hidden as you drive though but for some of the actions could move them to a keyboard like wipers if you hit p once they auto go off after that using rain sensors 

If I wanted to use these functions by their default keys, I wouldn't have assigned them to mouse buttons. 🤦‍♂️

13 hours ago, Leon Baker said:

If you disable this feature through the settings, you will need to have your TAB open to enable cursor (right click) and only then you will be able to scroll, but you won't be able to steer during that time, so I do not recommend using the scrolling feature when using mouse for steering.

Do you plan on finally solving this problem as welI anytime soon?

It's extremely unpractical and dangerous for users who use their mouse for steering and other functions.

• Like 1

I welcome improvements made to TMP but prior to the update chat was already covering the GPS screen and now it's still covering the GPS screen even more.  Disabling the F9 key to hide chat and therefore hide usernames was a bad move, I now have to choose between having my GPS covered up (with spam more likely)or having the name(s) of the random person that drives into me.  Serious question why was the F9 key disabled for when it wasn't doing any harm and wasn't broken?

Unfortunately not everyone drives on the right side of the road, some idiots actually drive on the right side of the road...

HELLO FROM AUSTRALIA

1 hour ago, blabberbeak said:

Do you plan on finally solving this problem as welI anytime soon?

It's extremely unpractical and dangerous for users who use their mouse for steering and other functions.

With the new chat system there is no scenario in which you can use mouse steering and scrolling within the chat at the same time, regardless of what setting you choose.

Developers considered implementing scrolling option without the need to have the cursor enabled, so the mouse players would be able to scroll within the chat and steer at the same time. However, they faced some technical difficulties with this scenario, and it would not work the way it should, so this is why the current method was implemented.

There is an option "Enabled on mouse right button", which in my opinion, should be the best one for mouse players. But it was reported to us that it is bugged. If you use the right click and enable the cursor, right clicking once again does not hide it, so you need to use ESC button or close the chat to hide the cursor. Developers are aware of it, and they are looking into fixing that.

For now, as a mouse player myself, I would recommend disabling this feature entirely. With this feature being disabled, you won't be able to scroll and drive at the same time, unless you have your TAB open and you enable the cursor, which is still dangerous but can be useful in rare cases when you have a straight road and you are sure you won't have to use steering when scrolling.

• Thanks 1

14 hours ago, The Englishman said:

I welcome improvements made to TMP but prior to the update chat was already covering the GPS screen and now it's still covering the GPS screen even more.  Disabling the F9 key to hide chat and therefore hide usernames was a bad move, I now have to choose between having my GPS covered up (with spam more likely)or having the name(s) of the random person that drives into me.  Serious question why was the F9 key disabled for when it wasn't doing any harm and wasn't broken?

Thanks for bringing this up! Our Developers are already looking into a solution for the players who use the right-side steering.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Leon Baker said:

With the new chat system there is no scenario in which you can use mouse steering and scrolling within the chat at the same time, regardless of what setting you choose.

Developers considered implementing scrolling option without the need to have the cursor enabled, so the mouse players would be able to scroll within the chat and steer at the same time. However, they faced some technical difficulties with this scenario, and it would not work the way it should, so this is why the current method was implemented.

There is an option "Enabled on mouse right button", which in my opinion, should be the best one for mouse players. But it was reported to us that it is bugged. If you use the right click and enable the cursor, right clicking once again does not hide it, so you need to use ESC button or close the chat to hide the cursor. Developers are aware of it, and they are looking into fixing that.

For now, as a mouse player myself, I would recommend disabling this feature entirely. With this feature being disabled, you won't be able to scroll and drive at the same time, unless you have your TAB open and you enable the cursor, which is still dangerous but can be useful in rare cases when you have a straight road and you are sure you won't have to use steering when scrolling.

Thanks.

The RMB (Right Mouse Button) function is especially dangerous for me, as my right turn signal function is assigned to that key.

Whenever I had the user list (TAB) open and used my right turn signal, I lost control over steering my vehicle.

I've just made a suggestion of a free key binding for users, to eliminate exposing mouse steering users to an increased risk of road traffic hazards.

9 hours ago, Somehow Lucky said:

How about adding Language Filters or a Translation Option? It's a Communication Boundary that makes it harder to understand what's being said. Nobody can learn a full language in a small amount of time.

While we did explore the idea of adding language filters or a translation option to enhance communication, we've decided to prioritize other valuable improvements due to the significant resources required for such a complex feature. Thank you for your understanding!

• Like 1

Man, things are starting to happen at TMP - I like that. ^_-

The new chat system now no longer looks like it's from 2006, but keeps up with the times and looks "newfangled". However, there is only one small thing that bothers me: 

I would put the chat messages a bit further down again, like it was before. I think that looks better and you don't have all the messages in the middle of the screen. 😄 

New:

https://imgur.com/a/Pxlr8VE

Old:

https://imgur.com/a/aGDQypo

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Well it looks awesome to me I can't wait to use it when I am back from my vacation to Istanbul really good stuff. I am happy to see TMP improving.

Kind regards,

DeniPEKSEN 

TruckersMP Veteran Driver III

1797472539_TMP.png.e59ae11c070d542b6b8fb

---

Rules | Appeal your ban | Feedback | Support | Knowledge base | Report a user

---

1224065347_role_VeteranIII(1).png.5e3410

Languages: TR | EN 

1 hour ago, TruckersLife said:

Hello @Leon Baker it would be great if the developers also works on the setting window and players shows windows  because when we use 4k resolutions chat interface is perfect but the setting window and palyers shows windows become very small very hard to see it. 

Thanks 

Reworking the rest of the UI is something we have planned for future. Stay tuned 😉

• Like 2

I've noticed that mentions have autocomplete feature available. I wonder if this could be extended to emoji shortcodes - Discord can translate ‍:joy: shortcode into 😂 without issues. 

• Upvote 1

If you want to ask anywhere on forums whenever 32-bit version of MP will be supported in future, try to start GTA V on your 32-bit machine before checking game's system requirements.

Instead of quoting the post above, use the ^ character. The character is actually pointing to the post above.

How to fix sudden steering issue on your USB steering wheel