Exploring the New Chat System

Leon Baker

Thanks for your work, finally home and end keys work, much better, but...

/ commands are case sensitive, that's fixable, but i have to press enter twice to /fix and i cant afford another enter key.

i had a good idea though thanks to the update on the languages, it wouldn't be that hard to force it to translate anything in chat to your choice of language, that would help everyone..

I hate using Google Translator to see what people say about my bad driving :)

3 hours ago, blabberbeak said:

So how do users who use mouse input for steering and mouse buttons for turn signals, lights and wipers actually scroll through the chat? 🤨

If you disable this feature through the settings, you will need to have your TAB open to enable cursor (right click) and only then you will be able to scroll, but you won't be able to steer during that time, so I do not recommend using the scrolling feature when using mouse for steering.

1 hour ago, [MCG] StarGuardian KaiSa said:

Is it possible to change the fonts in the Neo-chat system like what we have in pervious versions?

No, you cannot change the font of the chat due to our new font engine.

23 minutes ago, [C-S] Daniek. said:

I noticed that "shortcuts" of commands, like /p for /players or /st for /search-tag has been removed. Will they be restored?

They are no longer needed due to autocomplete feature.

• Like 1

I welcome improvements made to TMP but prior to the update chat was already covering the GPS screen and now it's still covering the GPS screen even more.  Disabling the F9 key to hide chat and therefore hide usernames was a bad move, I now have to choose between having my GPS covered up (with spam more likely)or having the name(s) of the random person that drives into me.  Serious question why was the F9 key disabled for when it wasn't doing any harm and wasn't broken?

**Edit, it's now been fixed.

• Upvote 3

banner

Finally TMP chat system got fresh looking UI what i was waiting for this long time 😍.

📢 Now another thing we just want, that is Team chat option inside the game chat system, so that we can easily chat in game with our steam friend without messing up with other/random truckers text messages. I mean, it would be better, if we can easily switch between ALL & TEAM chat, sometimes during heavy traffic area where everybody do random chat, that time it creat problem to communicate with friend via text chat. It could solve that issue.

Also, it would be great if TruckersMP team add a light background shadow on message where's player name get mentioned (besides changing color of the name).