Reworking of the taillights on all trailers

Suggestion Name:     reworking of the taillights on all trailers

Suggestion Description:  Rear lights must be permanently visible. Currently they are hardly or not visible at all on all trailers.

Any example images:   n/a

Why should it be added?:  the vehicle in front must be visible to the traffic behind at all times. Currently, the vehicle in front can only be seen when braking. therefore, please fix it immediately and make it much brighter. 

Do you agree? Than support these suggestion.

• Like 3
  • Upvote 12

(Played ETS2 more than 9.000 hours in TruckersMP)

TruckersMP              spacer.png     | How to apply the Team ? | Join our Discord | Report a user ? | Read the Rules. |                                                            
Founder                   spacer.png      | How to become a driver ? | Join our Discord | Want to Join our Events ?
Project Manager     spacer.png      | How to apply for Convoy Control ? | Join our Discord | What is OCSC Event ?

Trucker wisdom:

Only when the last exhaust pipe is cold,
the most beautiful truck is banned,
the most experienced truckers are punished,
then you will be amazed to realise
that you can't drive your own food and shit.

Welcome to the VTC "On the road".

I had a vision of gaming in ETS2 & ATS, out of which the VTC ''Auf Achse'' was born. To get as many people together as possible and to live out our passion for trucks.

After all, we are all on the road, so why don't we do it together? Touring together or convoying with other communities?

Let's be honest.... no one wants to be alone. So come to VTC Auf Achse today.

13 minutes ago, [GER] Kev_hapunkt said:

Suggestion Name:     reworking of the taillights on all trailers

Suggestion Description:  Rear lights must be permanently visible. Currently they are hardly or not visible at all on all trailers.

Any example images:   n/a

Why should it be added?:  the vehicle in front must be visible to the traffic behind at all times. Currently, the vehicle in front can only be seen when braking. therefore, please fix it immediately and make it much brighter. 

Do you agree? Than support these suggestion.

Definitely agree it is extremely difficult to see the lights of the trailer in front 

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, blabberbeak said:

Wouldn't this suggestion be better directed to SCS Software?

Theoretically yes, but the problem is current and for the time being it would be possible for TMP to fix this problem in MP only.

TruckersMP              spacer.png     | How to apply the Team ? | Join our Discord | Report a user ? | Read the Rules. |                                                            
Founder                   spacer.png      | How to become a driver ? | Join our Discord | Want to Join our Events ?
Project Manager     spacer.png      | How to apply for Convoy Control ? | Join our Discord | What is OCSC Event ?

Trucker wisdom:

I had a vision of gaming in ETS2 & ATS, out of which the VTC ''Auf Achse'' was born. To get as many people together as possible and to live out our passion for trucks.

After all, we are all on the road, so why don't we do it together? Touring together or convoying with other communities?

4 hours ago, Iuca said:

I doubt TMP will put these resources into reworking every trailer in the game. The only way this issue could be fixed is if it was directed towards SCS, like others have mentioned.

I am not a dev ^^ i dont know  how it works 😄  

Trucker wisdom:

I don't find any issue in singleplayer.

Any example pictures, preferrably a video, would be greatly appreciated, because I don't have a faintest idea what this is all about, partly because some people here claim that at night tail lights are visible, but at daylight they are not. Also confused about if the issue is related to tail lights or brake lights, which are two different things, daytime or night, and don't understand why tail lights and even brake lights should be visible at daylight to the same extent as at night.

100% agree with this idea, the break lights will need to be increased brightness if this happens otherwise they will start to merge.

Also make all trailers have reflective conspicuity markings that are visible even when not at high beam so you can see trailers that are sideways.

See below of reflective strips in action in ETS2 with a mod, and see how a tanker conspicuity markings can be applied. 

spacer.png

spacer.png

When SCS released 1.40, they made environmental lights brighter. I'm sure TMP could look at those values and apply it to trailers.

As seen in my video, lights are only visible when

• The vehicle in front is holding the brake button
  • The vehicle in front is applying the brakes to slow down

That's Medium settings with no game mods or save editing. IRL, lights are visible so that night driving is done safely. They aren't visible when anybody else is driving.

• Upvote 2

On 8/26/2023 at 6:57 AM, Somehow Lucky said:

When SCS released 1.40, they made environmental lights brighter. I'm sure TMP could look at those values and apply it to trailers.

As seen in my video, lights are only visible when

• The vehicle in front is holding the brake button
  • The vehicle in front is applying the brakes to slow down

That's Medium settings with no game mods or save editing. IRL, lights are visible so that night driving is done safely. They aren't visible when anybody else is driving.

Thats the reason i suggest to fix it 🙂 good example

Trucker wisdom: