Web Reports limit now reduced to 10 for everyone

Foobrother

Web Reports limit now reduced to 10 for everyone  

65 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think about the staff decision to reduce the limit of Web Reports one can have (in parallel)?

• Great decision!
    • I don't really care, doesn't bother me
    • Bad decision!

4 hours ago, Foobrother said:

I don't think being a Patron has any influence on the number of reports you can submit. And the number is only determined by the non-neutral accepted/declined reports. As mentioned earlier: accepted (not neutral) report will increase your report slots, declined (not neutral) report will decrease your report slots. In you case, you probably had one or more declined reports while your friend didn't and had more accepted reports.

Yes, you are absolutely right. Of course, I also don't think that being a TMP Patron increases the number of report slots. My comment was ment to be sarcastic.

The reason was probably - as you suggested - the rejection of several of my reports. I got the following message from a GM for three reports I filed on the same day:

"I am choosing to not take any action against the reported user due to the following reason(s): The report was submitted when the evidence was more than 14 days old, and for that reason the report is declined."

However, when I filed the reports the report system on the website told me that it was not too late. There was no indication at all that filing a report more than 14 days after the incindent might not be ok.

I filed a complaint about this GM decision on the TMP website, but never got a reply. That was one of the main reasons why I stopped being a TMP Patreon.

The other main reason was that one of my online friends with whom I drive regulary on TMP was banned two times on DC road without justification (he always drives carefully and just tried to avoid a collision). For this reason in our VTC we tease him a little bit by saying: "Never again try to avoid a collision, just drive straight into the other truck if it's his fault". Since he follows that rule, he was not banned again. Of course he filed appeals to both bans, but in both cases the GM did only respond with a standard text module without really addressing the issue.

I don't think that the TMP banning rules will be enforced any better in the future, since game moderators are anonymous now. Making them anonymous and reducing the slots just shows that TMP is not capable of dealing with this issue appropriately, and is not interested in enforcing the rules. Also my personal experience with ingame reports is that less than one percent are being looked at. That's just a joke for all the serious drivers.

LegendsTruckers.deyoutube.com/vipmagazinyoutube.com/gamesmag

Languages: German, English, Spanish • Discord: Marco.aus.Berlin

On 8/11/2023 at 4:34 PM, MrSirViking said:

The main reason for this is that there are people who only drive on the CD road to farm reports. And so to not have them only drive on the CD road to farm reports and gain more report slots and so make even more reports from the CD road and "spam" the report system with reports from the CD road, all reports from the CD road and that road in ProMods gets a neutral rating, that way you wont loose any reports on it, but you wont gain any reports either. Also because that if you drive on the CD road you do so willingly and everyone knows that its a road where accidents will happen and so if you dont like getting hit, you should drive somewhere else instead of driving up and down that road to make reports 🙂

It's exactly statements like this that raise the suspicion "that the TruckersMP team supports or at least condones violations of their rules".

The area in and around Duisburg and Calais is where the majority of rule violations take place.

Why is the TruckersMP team so vehemently resisting reports from this infamous area, or at least refusing to acknowledge them as useful?

What harm is done by gaining more report slots?

The more rule violations are reported, the more perpetrators will be off the street, which eventually will lead to a relief of the report system.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, blabberbeak said:

The more rule violations are reported, the more perpetrators will be off the street, which eventually will lead to a relief of the report system.

Completely agree.

But it seems that TMP isn't interested in this strategy.

Apparently it's easier to restrict/punish people who respect the rules and are trying to help by opening reports, rather than work on the root causes which are the players who do not respect the rules. Sad 😩

I completely understand, and agree, that we don't want TMP to become a reporting game with people spending more time reporting others than actually playing. Sounds horrible! But can you just ask yourself for 5sec what is generating this situation?! No it's not the people submitting the reports. But the people who don't respect the rules and for which other open reports. Make no mistake on the target.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, blabberbeak said:

It's exactly statements like this that raise the suspicion "that the TruckersMP team supports or at least condones violations of their rules".

The area in and around Duisburg and Calais is where the majority of rule violations take place.

Why is the TruckersMP team so vehemently resisting reports from this infamous area, or at least refusing to acknowledge them as useful?

What harm is done by gaining more report slots?

There is literally people who only drive up and down the CD road just to make reports. And since this is a trucking game we would prefer you to do some actual trucking. There are plenty of roads for you to do so on. We dont want to encourage people to just drive up and down the CD road to make reports. And since all the bad drivers are mostly concentrated on that area, you can just drive somewhere else. Its not that we condone that they drive this badly, but they are all on that road and so you can drive somewhere else and be mostly free of that type of people. And so you cant really drive on the CD road and complain you get into accidents when you know how the road is. and even if everyone had 20 reports and made all their reports from the CD road, we would likely never get rid of the bad people anyway, and so to not have the web report system drowning in reports from the CD road (anymore than it already is) we simply give it a neutral rating. We appreciate that you make reports from there, but you dont get any extra reports from there.

• Thanks 1

40 minutes ago, MrSirViking said:

if everyone had 20 reports and made all their reports from the CD road, we would likely never get rid of the bad people anyway

Well it really depends which punishment strategy you put in place! Of course reducing the punishment levels won't help having them away from TMP. And the problem of reports is mainly due to this clientelist strategy in order to keep the number of users high (quantity rather than quality).

Then the problem of having everyone on CD is a different topic. It's just because you don't have any AI traffic and/or enough players for people to drive in other places. TMP is a multiplayer game and people want to interact often with other players in multiplayer games. Try to put in place more strategies and events in other locations and you might have more driving in other locations. This has been suggested/discussed hundreds of times on many threads but I've not seen many feedbacks from the staff about these suggestions unfortunately.

PS: guess where the last RealOPs event was... Calais 🙄

• Upvote 2

If nothing else is changed except for lowering the upper limit, I believe this is extremely foolish. Clearly, I do not support this approach. Furthermore, I hope that within the reporting mechanism, there should be at least one opportunity to report, rather than having the number reduced due to every mistaken judgment. Depriving the right to report should be governed by more comprehensive community regulations, such as malicious reporting, assisting others in reporting, and so on.🤔

• Upvote 1

NewHeader.png.e4c57937084393154ec74acd64b57719.png

🚚HELLO, I'M JASON_STEPHEN FROM 666 LOGISTICS🚚

>-------------------------------------------------------<

I mainly focus on Pictures and Videos in this Forum and Game

I can modify pictures by Photoshop and make videos by Pr & AE

>-------------------------------------------------------<

🎞 Here are my social media links 🎞

<< YouTube | DiscordBilibili | X.COM >>

After reading many of the responses posted here  we can only come to one conclusion.  TMP is currently defending the players who make a problem of MP. 

As I said before, TMP now favours quantity over quality  in its players. It's sad how far TMP has come, for me it's the end and I'm sure it will be the end for many other players too;

We can say that at the moment there is some kind of Mafia in the moderation team, moderators with 300 hours of game time, moderators with an account for 1 year.

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1
  • True Story 1

9 hours ago, &quot;RICKY&quot; said:

After reading many of the responses posted here  we can only come to one conclusion.  TMP is currently defending the players who make a problem of MP. 

As I said before, TMP now favours quantity over quality  in its players. It's sad how far TMP has come, for me it's the end and I'm sure it will be the end for many other players too;

We can say that at the moment there is some kind of Mafia in the moderation team, moderators with 300 hours of game time, moderators with an account for 1 year.

Game time isn't a reliable indicator for game experience.

Completed World Of Trucks jobs respectively the WOT logbook is, because it requires the player to actually haul and deliver cargo, in best case, undamaged and on time.

The logbook entries can't be edited by the user and therefore provide a safe proof of the user's ability to maneuver rigs of different sizes and weights.

The TruckersMP team doesn't specify the conditions how to aquire the game time required to apply to vacancies.

This opens up possibilities to fake experience.

Regarding nepotism in the TruckersMP team, it never can be totally excluded, but where there's a will there's a way.

• True Story 1

5 hours ago, blabberbeak said:

Playing time is not a reliable indicator of the gaming experience.

Completed World Of Trucks jobs, respectively, the WOT logbook is, because it requires the player to actually transport and deliver the cargo, at best, undamaged and on time.

Logbook entries cannot be edited by the user and therefore provide reliable proof of the user's ability to manoeuvre equipment of different sizes and weights.

The TruckersMP team does not specify the conditions for acquiring the playing time required to apply for the vacancies.

This opens up possibilities for false experience.

As for nepotism in the TruckersMP team, it can never be totally ruled out, but where there's a will there's a way .

No, 90 per cent of the players who get reported are players who have only a few hours of playing time. That's a reality that's there for all to see. As far as moderation is concerned, many of them are interested in having their name redacted. And don't come here and say that they too have their own lives, because when you apply for a team, you have to realise that you're going to have to spend a lot of time;

5 hours ago, blabberbeak said:

O tempo de jogo não é um indicador confiável da experiência de jogo.

Trabalhos concluídos do World Of Trucks, respectivamente, o diário de bordo WOT é, porque exige que o jogador realmente transporte e entregue a carga, na melhor das hipóteses, sem danos e no prazo.

As entradas do diário de bordo não podem ser editadas pelo usuário e, portanto, fornecem uma prova segura da capacidade do usuário de manobrar equipamentos de diferentes tamanhos e pesos.

A equipe do TruckersMP não especifica as condições de como adquirir o tempo de jogo necessário para se candidatar às vagas.

Isso abre possibilidades para a experiência falsa.

Quanto ao nepotismo na equipa TruckersMP, nunca pode ser totalmente excluído, mas onde há vontade há caminho .

Pois nao 90 por cento dos jogadores que levam report sao jogadores que tem poucas horas de jogo. isso e uma realidade a vista de todos . em relaçao ha moderaçao muitos estao interesados a ter o nome a vermelho. e nao venham para ca dizer que tambem eles tem a sua vida propria , porque ao se canditar ha equipa tem ter a noçao que iram ter de despender muito tempo. 

• Upvote 1

I just saw this information
I haven't been reporting since people who were permanently banned were acquitted and the rules relaxed.
What's the point of reporting if the game takes several weeks to process while the player can continue to spoil the game experience while the report is pending.
and most of the time the problem players are players who have just created their account and who will create a new one as soon as the ban is taken into account.
I now protect myself alone in an unusual way...only the trolls who meet me on the road can understand.😹

14 hours ago, &quot;RICKY&quot; said:

And don't come here and say that they too have their own lives, because when you apply for a team, you have to realise that you're going to have to spend a lot of time;

Don't worry, I won't, it's actually the least I would say.

I'd rather say:

eyes open when applying for vacancies! If you're only interested in a title, but not in the responsibility and work, please do not apply.

• Haha 1

Regarding @"RICKY" & @blabberbeak discussion about game moderators' time. If we had GMs taking turns in-game during peak times (~5PM until 10PM CEST) and actively kicking/banning people live or reported in-game. I can guarantee there would be much less web reports to process!

Unfortunately in-game moderation seems to be completely disorganised and people just come when they want to spend 10min during gaps in their agenda or when they finished watching their movie/Serie/show 😂

If you're not able to spend at least 1h during peak times once during workings days and at least 1-2hrs during weekends, you shouldn't be a game moderator imho.

• Upvote 1
  • HaulieThumbsUp 1

9 minutes ago, Foobrother said:

Regarding @"RICKY" & @blabberbeak discussion about game moderators' time. If we had GMs taking turns in-game during peak times (~5PM until 10PM CEST) and actively kicking/banning people live or reported in-game. I can guarantee there would be much less web reports to process!

Unfortunately in-game moderation seems to be completely disorganised and people just come when they want to spend 10min during gaps in their agenda or when they finished watching their movie/Serie/show 😂

If you're not able to spend at least 1h during peak times once during workings days and at least 1-2hrs during weekends, you shouldn't be a game moderator imho.

I agree. The deficit in the most urgent positions, namely game moderator and report moderator, becomes obvious by in-game report time-outs and process times of web reports. Apparently, the responsibility is taken too lightly, since it is "only" a volunteer job.

A volunteer job however doesn't mean unscheduled or even unorganized. Your suggestion of a turn-based manning would be a very effective way to counter the deficit.

An agreement to such a requirement already mentioned in the advertisement must be assumed to be given in the case of an application.

Why don't you create a suggestion?

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, blabberbeak said:

Why don't you create a suggestion?

I'm pretty sure this is something TMP management already thought about. But my feeling is, once again, that they are prioritising quantity over quality. They actually have a lot of game and report moderators! Someone counted ~70 persons recently.

And with a simple calculation, in a perfect world, 70 persons would mean you could have 10hrs per day covered by them if everyone was giving 1 hour per week and nobody was overlapping. But as mentioned above, they are not organised and don't really seem to enforce a minimum of time being spent.

Also, I've always wondered, with this number, how you end up with soooo much delay to get your report processed. Again, if you consider that 1 report takes 2min to review (as far as I know they just need to watch a short clip of a few sec and input their decision with a comment). If a person spends 30min per week to review reports (which is very low imho), that's 15 reports per person. Which is 1050 reports per week for 70 persons. Probably not enough for the amount of reports we receive daily (1050 is probably what is submitted in a single day).

But imagine each person does 30min per day on average (which doesn't sound crazy). 15*7*70 = 7350 per week

But I don't have the data. Maybe they receive more, maybe less?!

• Like 1

On 8/18/2023 at 4:48 PM, Foobrother said:

I'm pretty sure this is something TMP management already thought about. But my feeling is, once again, that they are prioritising quantity over quality. They actually have a lot of game and report moderators! Someone counted ~70 persons recently.

And with a simple calculation, in a perfect world, 70 persons would mean you could have 10hrs per day covered by them if everyone was giving 1 hour per week and nobody was overlapping. But as mentioned above, they are not organised and don't really seem to enforce a minimum of time being spent.

Also, I've always wondered, with this number, how you end up with soooo much delay to get your report processed. Again, if you consider that 1 report takes 2min to review (as far as I know they just need to watch a short clip of a few sec and input their decision with a comment). If a person spends 30min per week to review reports (which is very low imho), that's 15 reports per person. Which is 1050 reports per week for 70 persons. Probably not enough for the amount of reports we receive daily (1050 is probably what is submitted in a single day).

But imagine each person does 30min per day on average (which doesn't sound crazy). 15*7*70 = 7350 per week

But I don't have the data. Maybe they receive more, maybe less?!

The management decide the minimum requirement based on the level of the web reports, obviously when the level become higher we also have to do more report as for minimum requirement. so if we atleast reach the minimum we are good.

And that counts also for in-game reports that we have to do minimum. you can compare the web reports with in-game on how fast they come in and how fast we process them is a similar speed so you get the idea a little bit.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, [S.PLH]Warrior said:

The management decide the minimum requirement based on the level of the web reports, obliviously when the level become higher we also have to do more report as for minimum requirement. so if we atleast reach the minimum we are good.

And that counts also for in-game reports that we have to do minimum. you can compare the web reports with in-game on how fast they come in and how fast we process them is a similar speed so you get the idea a little bit.

Thanks for sharing this information.

Quite interesting to see that we have a minimum enforced to each moderator. But this leaves me confused because:

• If you set a minimum, this minimum should be enough to cover 80-90% of the total number of reports and leave extra reports for ones who want to process more than the minimum (I guess the number of reports doesn't vary a lot from one week to another). Or you should just set a minimum to have 100% covered and if the team covered the weekly quota everyone is ok (even the ones who didn't reach their minimum)
  • seeing the amount of report/game moderators + the in-game activity and delay on web-reports, I'm now really curious to know what the minimum is per person.
  • could this explain the amount of turnover in the report/game moderation team?! (many people not reaching their minimum number of processed reports?)
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Foobrother said:

Thanks for sharing this information.

Quite interesting to see that we have a minimum enforced to each moderator. But this leaves me confused because:

• If you set a minimum, this minimum should be enough to cover 80-90% of the total number of reports and leave extra reports for ones who want to process more than the minimum (I guess the number of reports doesn't vary a lot from one week to another). Or you should just set a minimum to have 100% covered and if the team covered the weekly quota everyone is ok (even the ones who didn't reach their minimum)
  • seeing the amount of report/game moderators + the in-game activity and delay on web-reports, I'm now really curious to know what the minimum is per person.
  • could this explain the amount of turnover in the report/game moderation team?! (many people not reaching their minimum number of processed reports?)

1. technically yes, but in reality is different, the income is just to big compared to what is done even is some do more then required, i know it might not make sense.

2. the exact amount we cannot share, but management did it so that a weekly is still doable for reaching the quota.

3. if you look at the staff page you see the amount game vs report moderator we currently have, this could also tell why the status for reports is high.

4 hours ago, [S.PLH]Warrior said:

3. if you look at the staff page you see the amount game vs report moderator we currently have, this could also tell why the status for reports is high.

Aren't game moderators able to process web reports?! That would help. I can understand they can't process as many reports as people dedicated to them but they should be able to help (if they can). Especially when you see the amount of work done in-game (not very intensive if you ask me).

But that can explain point 1

23 hours ago, Foobrother said:

Aren't game moderators able to process web reports?! That would help. I can understand they can't process as many reports as people dedicated to them but they should be able to help (if they can). Especially when you see the amount of work done in-game (not very intensive if you ask me).

But that can explain point 1

Yes they can help, but the main focus is to be in-game 

• Thanks 1

So what do you mean like you want to have like 100 slots for reports and so that people can abuse the system? Yes, I do know that there are a lot of actual logical reports but if you looks closely the majority of the reports come from C-D road and with out a doubt I can say that there are some people who go to C-D just to report others for minor offences where in that case the Admins will ban, So in which case limiting can help its not a proper solution but it working for the mean time and by the time of replying to your comment  Rule number 1.4 has been updated so with the help of the new system this can be effective both ways now.image.png.e1d20b11d1d22d3066d4e7d7595716cb.png