Whats your opinion on the new emergency braking system?

Iuca

Whats your opinion on the new emergency braking system?  

33 members have voted

1. 1. Whats your opinion on the new emergency braking system?

• Amazing idea - perfect idea
    • Its okay - but tmp nerf the feature is busy areas (if possible)
    • Its okay - but tmp should disable it
    • Its a bad idea - I don't like it at all

Hi loolee,

Yes, if in a crowded area (such as C-D), traffic is naturally prone to paralysis.
But it must also be admitted that ACC can effectively protect our own vehicles from harm.

中国MF团队,数一数二垂直制表字符在中国。

I am a little wary about it and how it would react to other players. I feel like it may overreact and slam on the brakes when it is unnecessary. If this is the case, the GM team and managers will need to decide how to deal with these situations. 

It is definitely a positive for single player, but I'm not going to be using it on TMP until I know it causes no issues. 

• True Story 1

3 minutes ago, Flaming. said:

I am a little wary about it and how it would react to other players. I feel like it may overreact and slam on the brakes when it is unnecessary. If this is the case, the GM team and managers will need to decide how to deal with these situations.

It is definitely a positive for single player, but I'm not going to be using it on TMP until I know it causes no issues.

I think this is a new test for the TMP and GM teams, and I look forward to your team's performance, haha.

中国MF团队,数一数二垂直制表字符在中国。

The idea behind it is good, but I can imagine that it will lead to accidents.

For example, if the game detects emergency braking too late or not at all, I think it will lead to more dangerous situations and accidents.

Also, I think a lot of players will just rely on the system, so if an accident or hazard occurs due to an error in the system, it can quickly lead to rule violations.

I would be in favour of the emergency braking system being automatically deactivated in busy zones.

Kind regards
SpeedTrain66

| TruckersMP Profile | TruckersMP Forum Profile | FPH SpedV |

I am wary of the emergency braking system as it does not work quite correctlyI am wary of the emergency braking system as it does not work quite correctly. 

For example, I can refer to the case when I started ahead of the truck in front at a short distance, then this system worked for me and I lost speed. Also, when there is a lot of traffic and obstacles next to you, this system constantly beeps and slows down at inopportune moments.

And about adaptive cruise control, I can say that it is a very good thing, but still there is something to improve.

SCS it remains to add autopilot and we will no longer have to drive ourselves😁

I am of the opinion that it is more of a danger than anything else...I drive the truck in real life and sometimes (often) it detects invisible obstacles or only when it detects red stop lights in front of you at distance like 1 metres or even just if someone overtakes you and pulls back into the lane. and brakes suddenly...and this could cause accidents...
If it worked like this on TMP as well it would cause more accidents especially on busy roads ex. C-D...but then I think with synchronization there are some problems...it is not so feasible...and if it was it would require more CPU and GPU usage...

But the thing that should be useful is ACC (Adaptive Cruise Control) ,which keeps you the distance from the vehicle in front of you at the speed it is going and if he's braking ACC brake too always to keep the distance in front of you..

REMEMBER that you are playing a SIMULATOR GAME and this game is NOT a RACING GAME. If you like races,maybe you're on the wrong game. SL: 80-90 Km/h

Id like to see it ran on trial rather than just disable it, you guys forget scs have multiplayer too now which they are bound to have tested it on for trolling etc....people saying it will cause more accidents, urm right ok so what do you do when someone comes at you in the wrong direction or brake checks you etc, thats right you brake...so what is the difference!! its like someone lags, you brake to avoid slamming into them, so what difference will it make really. maybe it wont brake for that??? THE REAL ISSUE IS PEOPLE WHO INSIST ON SITTING ON YOUR BUMPER PUSHING YOU TO GO FASTER & THEN RAGING AT YOU IF YOU DARE SLOW DOWN FOR A BEND OR TRAFFIC!

• Upvote 1

Guest muri's

Hi,

I tried the new update in singleplayer.If your emergency brake setting is turned on during overtaking, it can really cause problems.You know that before we start to overtake, we have to increase our speed and get a little bit closer to the back of the truck than necessary.(At this time, the emergency brake engages and brakes excessively.)That's why, no matter how far the player in the back wants to keep, this sudden braking can create a disaster for the trucks going back to back.It clearly shows the fact that these accidents will increase more especially for the D-C road.While it is a system that can be used very well in single player and convoy games, really bad things can happen in a game with a lot of troll players.People who intentionally want to cause an accident due to the emergency brake setting can avoid bans by using this setting as an excuse.As I said, it is a really nice system for convoys,while the most difficult thing is to adjust the speed, thanks to this system, convoys can be made in  really comfortable way.It really needs to be thought through very carefully and brought to truckersmp like that.

Best Wishes,

Muri

• 4 weeks later...

Heya!

Since your topic has been inactive for over fourteen (14) days, I will lock and move it to our Archive section. 
We apply these procedures in order to keep the forum organized and structured. 

If you have any questions, feel free to DM me. 

//Locked & Moved to Archive

Kind Regards

Nody,

TruckersMP Forum Moderator.