Old C-D is back

hello everyone

As I said, the old C-D has returned, so I want to know if everyone prefers the new C-D or the old C-D.

Kind regards,
Fan Ci

• Upvote 2

中国MF团队,数一数二垂直制表字符在中国。

Hi. After driving along the new CD road, I realized that it is better for me, since two lanes in each direction reduce the likelihood of an accident. I was pleasantly surprised by the recreation area after the Brussels interchange. 

Of course, there were disadvantages on the new road, such as an inconvenient entrance to the gas station and narrowing into one lane. 

I positively assess the new road.

I would like to hear from Truckersmp the official answer that it was with the roadI would like to hear from Truckersmp the official answer that it was with the road.

Hello,

I prefer the new C-D road.
Exactly what Werzey* said.

I liked it very much, but the problem was in the part of the gas station near Calais, the road needs to be modified there.

Kindest Regards,

FayezTMP | TruckersMP Player

Bruijn Logistics |  General Manager + Driver

1791576545_role_VeteranI(1).png.e3f68b3c

status.png

Reports | Appeals | Knowledge Base | Support System | Feedback System | Recruitment

1 hour ago, Somehow Lucky said:

Is the new road on a different server then Sim 1? I played Yesterday & Today only to see CD in its 100% old state.

Checked all of the servers, seems to be on ProMods.

--

But I'm still on the fence on which I prefer, both have their perks, like the old C-D being a lot more... eventful, with the new one being easier to get around and has more companies to deliver from and to.

• HaulieCry 1
  • HaulieLove 1

On 4/4/2023 at 3:15 PM, Somehow Lucky said:

Is the new road on a different server then Sim 1? I played Yesterday & Today only to see CD in its 100% old state.

On 4/4/2023 at 4:49 PM, Codeize said:

Checked all of the servers, seems to be on ProMods.

The new road was on the Simulation (non-ProMods) servers, but only for April Fools.

ProMods actually does not have C-D road - while it does include most of the motorways in the area of C-D road, the Autobahn 40 from the A73 (NL) to Duisburg* is notably absent from ProMods. This is because ProMods recreates the entire Benelux region without regard for the original road placements (as many of the non-motorway roads (including C-D road) in the original version of ETS2 are actually not based on any real-life road).

*In addition, ProMods' recreation of Benelux is actually quite old - though their version of Nordrhein-Westfalen in Germany (including Duisburg) is even older (arguably worse than SCS' Duisburg, and it definitely needs to be rebuilt).

• Thanks 1

Any and all opinions are my own. Generalizations and interpretations are based on public information and do not reflect the positions of any organization.

58 minutes ago, OtherGuy said:

The new road was on the Simulation (non-ProMods) servers, but only for April Fools.

ProMods actually does not have C-D road - while it does include most of the motorways in the area of C-D road, the Autobahn 40 from the A73 (NL) to Duisburg* is notably absent from ProMods. This is because ProMods recreates the entire Benelux region without regard for the original road placements (as many of the non-motorway roads (including C-D road) in the original version of ETS2 are actually not based on any real-life road).

*In addition, ProMods' recreation of Benelux is actually quite old - though their version of Nordrhein-Westfalen in Germany (including Duisburg) is even older (arguably worse than SCS' Duisburg, and it definitely needs to be rebuilt).

I figured that when i connected the following day and saw the exact same problem road. Guess they know they'll kill the server population a bit and their workload if they made it like the rest of the map.

Have you told ProMods about the outdated map area? Perhaps SCS just wanted to get the highway system sorted before updating the cities? With each Germany Rework they are doing, they are touching up on older cities. I guess that's their plan as "content fillers" until they get their next expansion released.

https://www.google.com/maps/@51.4436913,6.8045568,14.21z Take this area for instance, it's where the 40 & 3 meet and it's nothing like that.

• 3 weeks later...

'Old' (Current version) is much better in my opinion. I found the new version takes the enjoyment of that journey right out and makes it just another highway. I'm not a fan of an hour(s) long journey on CD but I also don't mind the traffic and I think most people would agree. I can further justify that as if they didn't, why would they take this route? Just take the highway that the GPS directs you to... The problem with reckless drivers is annoying but any time you get a large number of players near each other there will be some tomfoolery going on.

I also found the new version has a lot of lag. As I mentioned, most of us have been in LONG waits on that route and at most I lose a few fps but with the new CD I was getting major FPS drop and network lag. This could just be a me problem but I just overwhelmingly enjoy the old one better.

I also want to mention the OG CD unedited map version. That was fun and hilarious. 

Hello everyone
I prefer the old D - C route because I enjoy it more. I knowingly use the crowd of that road and I am not complaining about it at all.

YunusD

KızılTürk™ VTC Owner

1797634707_role_VeteranIV(1).webp.4e3c404c0e5f76900e725c8f26fa929f.webp

~ YunusD Yotube ~  ,   ~ YunusD Steam ~   ,   ~ World Of Trucks ~  ,  ~ KızılTürk™ VTC ~

• 3 weeks later...

Heya!

Since your topic has been inactive for over fourteen (14) days, I will lock and move it to our Archive section. 
We apply these procedures in order to keep the forum organized and structured. 

If you have any questions, feel free to DM me. 

//Locked & Moved to Archive

Kind Regards

Nody,

TruckersMP Forum Moderator.