Best job to take in simulation server: external market vs external contract vs cargo market

fikrikawakibi

First of all, is there an advantage of taking external WoT jobs rather than normal job? All I see is the disadvantage, which is speed limit

I almost always taking external market jobs all the time. My favorite trailer is lowbed, but it doesn't have external market job at all cities. Usually after I arrived to the destination, there's no job nearby, so I have to change twice between flatbed with pins and insulated then compare the most bang for buck job available. Then taking it until I find a city where there is a lowbed job

I suppose it would be more handy if I just take external contract instead, so I have unlimited jobs all the time and can compare between them directly without changing between trailers. But would I make less money?

What about cargo market? I suppose it has more variety of cargos as well, and hey, there wouldn't be speed limit. But would I make even less money than external contract?

Seriously, what's the point of doing WoT jobs instead of normal one? I know money is not everything in this game, but tiny details fascinate me

Hello @fikrikawakibi,

Doing WOT jobs only gives you stats. Sometimes you can earn rewards from WOT jobs and these rewards come to your steam inventory. For example, you do WOT jobs every New Year's Eve and win prizes. Such as cabin accessory, paint package. Your disadvantage in WOT jobs is the 90km/h speed limit and you can't exceed it no matter what. And WOT jobs are reflected in your stats on your WOT account. You can see it on your WOT profile. As for monetization, if on average you earn the same amount of money from both. I hope it answered your question or what you wanted to know.

Regards,

'Nhympex.

There is not much incentive to take WoT contracts other than WoT achievements, the rewards earned for WoT events, when those are active, and maybe some sense of responsibility an risk (see disadvantages bellow) while playing on TMP servers due to high probability of encounters with inept players and trolls.

I wouldn't consider speed limit a disadvantage, if I'm driving realistically either way, but other shortcommings of WoT contracts are:

• no important/urgent deliveries, thus less payout
  • must be completed within real time limit for full payout - this used to be advantage when regular jobs would time out in TMP while offline, with much shorter time limit
  • innability to check for jobs outside search radius, in case you can't find a job you have to go blind to surrounding cities
  • no recovery if truck/cargo gets damaged/immobilized, loading a savegame won't do anything
  • same as above, calling tow assistance outright aborts the contracts, though emergency refuelling is allowed
  • modifying the truck or trailer aborts the contract
  • map mods like Promods are not compatible for the most part

When it comes to payouts, regular jobs always pay at least a little bit more than their WoT counterparts with the same cargo and destination, and as said above, you can do urgent deliveries (stacked with high value/fragile/ADR is the best)

WoT contracts usually have more jobs available in a given area, but that may not be true if you are using more specialized trailer, as the WoT contracts are slower to generate, compared to regular market that can be refreshed by just taking a rest.

Many cargo types are restricted to one or only few trailer types, and some trailers are more versatile with lots of available cargo, while other are very specialized and have only couple of options that are not available everywhere.

I made a rating based on versatility (not the best paying cargo) in the thread link bellow, you can of course swap trailers if you want, but that may not always be an option (quick travel is also no longer free). 

Personally I would love to see statistics for every players with rankings etc... as it would be a good incentive to have players respecting better the rules and doing other routes than just C-D with empty trailers.

And that's what WOT is providing: stats. ETS2/TMP just don't really leverage these stats to do something meaningful with them which is a shame imo 😒

I i mostly drive WoT jobs. Its not very often i drive a normal contract. Why? Well because it forces me to drive a certain way, cause if i crash and destroy the cargo i cant load a save and not have that damage any more. So you have to be more careful. And it also gives me WoT achievements. And there are WoT Events now and again that usually gives items like paint jobs, cabin things and so on. Like right now there is a valentines event on where you have to use WoT Contracts to deliver valentines cargo. You might be forced to a speed limiter of 90km/h in ETS2 and 65mph in ATS. But it just gives it a more real feeling. And why are we in a hurry anyway? Is this game not about delivering cargo and driving a truck? Why would we want to do that faster?

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Heya!

Since your topic has been inactive for over fourteen (14) days, I will lock and move it to our Archive section. 

We apply these procedures, in order to keep the forum organized and structured. 

If you have any questions, feel free to DM me. 

//Locked & Moved to Archive

Kind Regards

Nody,

TruckersMP Forum Moderator.

Archived