SCS Software's MP

Loexie

SCS Software's MP  

62 members have voted

1. 1. Who is hyped for SCS Software's MP?

• Yes, I am super hyped!
    • No, not really.
    • Who cares, multiplayer is multiplayer.

Who is hyped for SCS Software's MP? Let me know in the poll and/or in the comments ?

Personally I am not so hyped, but it would be nice to try it out! 

Kind regards,

Loexie   

Bruijn Logistics | Senior Human Resources

I wasn't excited to hear that because it has TruckersMP and has 7 years of experience. So I will continue to use the TruckersMP platform.

I'm not really hyped about it honestly as its not going to be designed for MMO like TruckersMP. With it being for just a few friends in a server, I think it would be better suited for people who don't like installing a third party application like TruckersMP but still want to play with friends. One advantage I can see to this is that it may help TruckersMP devs in implementing new features like AI traffic (as I'm pretty sure SCS's will include that since it's for friends only) and for support updates. 

• 2 weeks later...

Hi. I am hyped about it but not yet. It's a nice idea if you want to use it for playing with 2-8 friends but I can't see how it could overpass TMP. It is nice that you can have mods and you have ai traffic but it's not like tmp. Although tmp might get boring sometimes if you want to go and explore dlc's because most of the times you will be driving on an empty road. If tmp would find a way to add ai traffic , I don't think that scs's multiplayer will pass tmp anytime soon.

1 hour ago, Stefan22 said:

Hi. I am hyped about it but not yet. It's a nice idea if you want to use it for playing with 2-8 friends but I can't see how it could overpass TMP. It is nice that you can have mods and you have ai traffic but it's not like tmp. Although tmp might get boring sometimes if you want to go and explore dlc's because most of the times you will be driving on an empty road. If tmp would find a way to add ai traffic , I don't think that scs's multiplayer will pass tmp anytime soon.

I agree that driving in some map expansions is boring because it's empty. But Al Traffic is a bad idea imo since trolls will probably block the road and cause a huge traffic jam

Kind regards,

Loexie   

Bruijn Logistics | Senior Human Resources

5 minutes ago, Lucas_17b said:

I agree that driving in some map expansions is boring because it's empty. But Al Traffic is a bad idea imo since trolls will probably block the road and cause a huge traffic jam

Indeed. I didn't thought of that ?. If that happens there is a solution. You go into ram mode and problem solved:kappa:

As far as i can tell from the things i have seen from the new SCS Multiplayer, you can only play with a maximum of 8 friends. Yes you might have AI traffic and mods. But you can still only drive with up to 8 friends. So you have to know people to drive with. And on TMP you can meet lots of new people to drive with. And you can have 100 people convoys or more if you can organize it. So we are vastly superior to what SCS is offering ?

scs shows how its done really.. weather is syncronized, there is ai traffic and the cb radio has worldwide range.. i hope tmp will somehow be able to copy this after 1.41 is out.. i agree.. scs mp as it is now (8 player limit) is only for playing with close friends.. i hope scs would remove the limit or atleast set it higher so or have free servers for more people.. but i guess the mmo kind of gameplay will stay with tmp.. ?

if scs and tmp would somehow marge.. maybe it would be the best i dont know.. (marge as scs hires the core team eg. dev part of tmp ?
edit: i hope scs adds mod and vr support to there mp - also.. scs mp has out of the box mac and linux support ?

sysp-73354.png

Guest - Pink Ribbon -

Atleast you won't be banned or get bashed into by other players when trying to do a convoy. Just need to have the friends to make the MP beneficial.  Think people are intimidated with my pink snake truck ?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Community Moderation Manager

Hello there,

Since your topic has been inactive for over fourteen (14) days, I will lock and move it to our Archive section. 
We apply these procedures, in order to keep the forum organized and structured. 

If you have any questions, feel free to DM me. 

//Locked & Moved to Archive

Kindest regards,
Stay safe!
_sneaht_0810 | TruckersMP Community Moderation Manager

Archived