Jump to content

Who supports the idea of using the whole truck speedometer?


Recommended Posts

The truck speedometer reaches till 100km per hour, I see that truck supports 200km till the end, I feel very unconfortable driving only 100km on freeway, I know that is a reasonable speed but if speedometer goes till 200km on truck panel, why can't I run till 200km? Itnis more realistic to me, the freedom of speed and control, 200km would be great, I don't think 100km prevents accidents cause shitty drivers are as bad driving in 40km as 100km. My opinion.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Oleandro changed the title to Who supports the idea of using the whole truck speedometer?

In my opinion it is a bad idea to use the whole truck speed because I think when all people drive faster it happens more accidents. This is so because many people think that they can drive very well but they can´t drive very well. Moreover that is a truck simulator and not a racing simulator and when you use the whole truck speed you make this truck simulator to a racing simulator. Therefore I think it is a bad idea to use the whole truck speed.

  • True Story 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi @Oleandro,

 

I think this is the most reasonable speed, you can trust me on this one. I've been a TruckersMP player for 6 years and I've seen crashes have decreased since the 110 km/h speed limit was introduced.

This speed limit plays an important role both in terms of preventing accidents and adding realism. Remember, this is not a racing game.

 

Best regards,

Dragonfly

  • Upvote 3

NlNR04.png

Link to post
Share on other sites

For real? To reach 200km/h, the needle of the speedometer would need to turn like 270°, pointing right to the floor.

No real truck drives that fast, do some research please.

Standard europen trucks weighs up to 40 tonnes, typical american trucks about 36 tonnes, imagine if somethin of this weight crashes into other vehicle.

Heck, even ETRC racing trucks weighing mere 5300 kg are limited to 160km/h as a safety measure - if this truck would crash into a wall, the impact energy is equal to an F1 car crashing at 430km/h, the speed they can't even reach. 

 

 

 

 

  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, [EG] Michi [GER] said:

In my opinion it is a bad idea to use the whole truck speed because I think when all people drive faster it happens more accidents. This is so because many people think that they can drive very well but they can´t drive very well. Moreover that is a truck simulator and not a racing simulator and when you use the whole truck speed you make this truck simulator to a racing simulator. Therefore I think it is a bad idea to use the whole truck speed.

I disagree fully, since it is a truck simulator game, the freeway was supposed to be real, real speed.

There are responsable and irresponsable drivers everywhere, regardless of speed. I know it's not a racing game, but my question was on the line, Why Can't I just use the whole panel, of the speedometer? I feel stuck everytime driving at 100km, mainly in long trip, where cargo is heavy, It's a pity that not everybody see as a point, because it's not the speed that causes accidents, it's the way people drive.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, [GökBörü] Dragonfly said:

Hi @Oleandro,

 

I think this is the most reasonable speed, you can trust me on this one. I've been a TruckersMP player for 6 years and I've seen crashes have decreased since the 110 km/h speed limit was introduced.

This speed limit plays an important role both in terms of preventing accidents and adding realism. Remember, this is not a racing game.

 

Best regards,

Dragonfly

Allright  I respect your opinion but, it's not realistic at all, truck drivers need to get the whole control of their trucks, regardless the speed limit, It's not that for instance, 100km to 140 maybe? or 200km Like I said.  A little distance wouldn make the game worse in my view, just more realistic, If I put a high ground engine in my truck for what? to reach only 100km on the road.. It's a shame, but what can I do. 🤔

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Oleandro said:

Allright  I respect your opinion but, it's not realistic at all, truck drivers need to get the whole control of their trucks, regardless the speed limit, It's not that for instance, 100km to 140 maybe? or 200km Like I said.  A little distance wouldn make the game worse in my view, just more realistic, If I put a high ground engine in my truck for what? to reach only 100km on the road.. It's a shame, but what can I do. 🤔

 

Yes, when you look at some situations from a different perspective, this seems negative. Regarding this issue, I think that the speed limit can be increased a little more.

But, after this speed limit, many players raised this issue, but always made negative feedback. In other words, this issue has negative aspects as well as positive situations.

  • Upvote 1

NlNR04.png

Link to post
Share on other sites

There is a simple solution for this, just bring back the old EU2 server. there is a reason why it was populated 24/7 in the mean time simulation EU1 server was 300-500players barely. people just want a middle ground between simulation and arcade and there is nothing wrong with that we are playing a game here and if people want to drive like real life they can go into simulation server why restrict all players to 1 category.

 

now you are gonna reply about the reports being reduced no its not the load on the web report system is still high and the amount reports you can submit is reduced to 30  this wasnt the case earlier allthough you got a seperate team on the web report system and you should have now recruited more members compared to 1-2 years ago it just doesnt make any sense to me looks like its even worse now. 

 

#BringBackEU2

 

sorry for my broken english but im sure you understand

Link to post
Share on other sites

Here we go again ...

You road kings, queens and whatnot won't stop asking about removing speed limit, yet you completely ignore the fact that the server without any speed limits and most rules whatsoever is readily available for your racing needs.

I know, you want collisions too, but you can't have both apparently, it's been stated by the staff many times that the old times won't come back.

 

1 hour ago, Oleandro said:

Allright  I respect your opinion but, it's not realistic at all, truck drivers need to get the whole control of their trucks, regardless the speed limit, It's not that for instance, 100km to 140 maybe? or 200km Like I said.  A little distance wouldn make the game worse in my view, just more realistic, If I put a high ground engine in my truck for what? to reach only 100km on the road.. It's a shame, but what can I do. 🤔

High power engines are intended for either pulling heavy stuff, or to traverse a lot of hills, or both, not to reach ludicrous speeds. Most real trucks don't have those extreme engines.

Also, the speed limit on simulation servers is 110 km/h for ETS2 and 80 mph ( about 129 km/h) for ATS, which I think is plenty, not sure where did you come to 100 km/h. Try some heavy cargo, you can easily exceed 60 tonnes gross, see how it will affect handling, acceleration, and most importantly, braking distance.

  • Upvote 2
  • True Story 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Oleandro said:

The truck speedometer reaches till 100km per hour, I see that truck supports 200km till the end, I feel very unconfortable driving only 100km on freeway, I know that is a reasonable speed but if speedometer goes till 200km on truck panel, why can't I run till 200km? Itnis more realistic to me, the freedom of speed and control, 200km would be great, I don't think 100km prevents accidents cause shitty drivers are as bad driving in 40km as 100km. My opinion.

go and play need for speed,this is a truck simulator,not race simulator...because of those like you and your thinking, the rest of us suffer, because you do not stay within the limit of 90-100, thus causing accidents

Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, I0NUT said:

go and play need for speed,this is a truck simulator,not race simulator...because of those like you and your thinking, the rest of us suffer, because you do not stay within the limit of 90-100, thus causing accidents

I play right and obey traffic signs I don't know what are you talking about, you can't Generalize all players, if you are happy with 90, 100. It's on you

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Oleandro said:

Allright  I respect your opinion but, it's not realistic at all, truck drivers need to get the whole control of their trucks, regardless the speed limit, It's not that for instance, 100km to 140 maybe? or 200km Like I said.  A little distance wouldn make the game worse in my view, just more realistic, If I put a high ground engine in my truck for what? to reach only 100km on the road.. It's a shame, but what can I do.

Let's talk about realism.

The speed a truck is allowed to drive at in public road traffic is regulated by road traffic laws and is enforced by a built-in speed limiter.

Additionally, professional drivers have to consider regulations of working times, driving times and resting times.

These laws and regulations exist to provide safety in road traffic.

 

The server speed limit reflects parts of these laws and regulations for the same reason.

 

You claim to be a reasonable driver who strives for a realistic driving experience.

If that is true, you should be thankful the server speed limit is already higher than its real world counterpart.

  • Like 2
  • Upvote 1
  • True Story 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
59 minutes ago, blabberbeak said:

Let's talk about realism.

The speed a truck is allowed to drive at in public road traffic is regulated by road traffic laws and is enforced by a built-in speed limiter.

Additionally, professional drivers have to consider regulations of working times, driving times and resting times.

These laws and regulations exist to provide safety in road traffic.

 

The server speed limit reflects parts of these laws and regulations for the same reason.

 

You claim to be a reasonable driver who strives for a realistic driving experience.

If that is true, you should be thankful the server speed limit is already higher than its real world counterpart.

Yes I agree, the game is beautiful because there are laws , rules and everybody do their best to keep the game right, but that's not the point, again.. it's not about the rules of speed limit, it's about the speedometer, my question want about to free the whole speed, even because ets2 is not s racing game, but just to unlock the speedometer so the truck can easily flow better on long roads, that's the idea. The idea of getting control of speed, makes the game better in my view, if everyone agree this is not the best decision, so be it. But when I think about realism, I think about freedom, there are bad drivers regardless the speed, that's my vision.

Link to post
Share on other sites

What does a speedmeter has to do with an actual speed you can reach? Most cars have speedmeters marked to speeds they can't legally or even physically reach.

All trucks in ETS2 have speedmeter gauge marked to about 120km/h, some don't have a gauge but digital speedmeter , ATS trucks gauge goes up to about 80mph (129 km/h), except for Anthem which goes up to 120mph (196 km/h) for some odd reason.

Where do you get the idea of 200 km/h? You want absolute freedom? Play on arcade servers and stop being held down by speed limits. Maybe you are not like most of the others, but if you allow unlimited speed, it will result in mayhem, because 90% of people would go full speed everywhere, just like it is now.

There are also people who never slow down when there is obstruction in their way, instead they go off-road without even lifting a foot from the accelerator, then proceed reporting others when they crash.

Another factor, why speed limit should be enforced is the rendering limitations - you can see someone only up to about 500m away. Those 500m will be traversed within about 20 seconds if you travel at 90 km/h, in about 16 seconds when traveling at 110 km/h, and in about 9 second when traveling at 200 km/s.

For these resons I will never support removing or incresing speed limit, actually, I would support lowering it even more.

  • Upvote 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Oleandro said:

it's not about the rules of speed limit, it's about the speedometer, my question want about to free the whole speed, even because ets2 is not s racing game, but just to unlock the speedometer so the truck can easily flow better on long roads, that's the idea.

That "freedom" exists on the arcade server.

  • True Story 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Oleandro said:

I think about freedom, there are bad drivers regardless the speed, that's my vision.

That's the thing, right there, "there are bad drivers regardless of the speed". If you change the speed limits, you are giving "freedom" to drive faster to everyone and those bad drivers will be the first ones to go pedal to the metal everywhere at all times. They crash now with 110, they'd crash many more and causing a lot more damage with faster speeds. That's the main reason why speed limits were set. Not because of the good drivers, but because of the bad ones. That's also the reason why Arcade servers are no-collisions, so the bad drivers going full speed can't damage other players.

  • Like 2
  • True Story 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, FernandoCR [ESP] said:

That's the thing, right there, "there are bad drivers regardless of the speed". If you change the speed limits, you are giving "freedom" to drive faster to everyone and those bad drivers will be the first ones to go pedal to the metal everywhere at all times. They crash now with 110, they'd crash many more and causing a lot more damage with faster speeds. That's the main reason why speed limits were set. Not because of the good drivers, but because of the bad ones. That's also the reason why Arcade servers are no-collisions, so the bad drivers going full speed can't damage other players.

This is also my opinion, if now at 110 km / h I don't know how to drive? Over 110 I wreak havoc and disturb those who go normally

Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
×
×
  • Create New...