Who supports the idea of using the whole truck speedometer?

LipeLeandro

Personally I think 110 km/t is a good speed to have as top-speed. We don't want to turn this simulation-game into a racing-game. We have arcade-server, and the upcoming free roam-server for that kinda stuff. Where I come from trucks aren't allow to go above 80 km/t, and must be limited to not be able to drive faster then 90 km/t so even a truck going 110 km/t is not realistic in my country. But I accept 110 km/t because then again. Even I hate going only 90 km/t when I'm on the freeway.

The only time I feel the need to go above 110 km/t is when I'm attending an event, and has to catch up, and most event where a speed above 110 km/t is needed to catch up is on event-server where the speedlimit isn't there. So I see no need for changing the speedlimit.

I know some people says that TMP changed the speedlimit back in the days to avoid so many accidents, and it hasn't worked. But to be honest I think we need to take several thing into concideration when looking at this. One of those things being that there are probably a lot more player using TMP then back in the days, and some of the accidents that occured was probably from trolls, and those kinda thing a change in speedlimit has no effect on. What you has to remember is that even though you think you'll be able to handle a truck going 200 km/t, what will happen if suddenly something happens in front of you. Then you'll have to go down from 200 km/t, which will probably mean you wouldn't even have the chance to avoid the accident before you have arrived at it.

So I say keep the speedlimit at 110 km/t, and for those who wants to go faster we have arcade and free roam (when it's active)

spacer.png | spacer.png

On 4/29/2021 at 9:47 PM, wesleyr99 said:

I also didn't notice a difference in the number of accidents, even at low speeds there are still players wanting to hinder!!!

The purpose of the speed limit is to reduce the number of accidents caused by excessive speed.

It can't and isn't meant to prevent players from violating the rules.

the only problem with the speed limiter which has been improved from its original form was that the moment you entered the city you get slowed down to 45 mph even if the speed limit is 65 or 70 or whatever (i play using the car limit) but truckersmp has fixed this where if you are on the highway in a city you will be limited to the speed limit on the highway. idk if this is a problem on euro truck but it was on ats.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Community Moderation Manager

Hello there,

Since your topic has been inactive for over fourteen (14) days, I will lock and move it to our Archive section. 
We apply these procedures, in order to keep the forum organized and structured. 

If you have any questions, feel free to DM me. 

//Locked & Moved to Archive

Kindest regards,
Stay safe!
_sneaht_0810 | TruckersMP Community Moderation Manager

Archived