AI vehicles in ETS2MP

CptJacker

AI cars  

100 members have voted

1. 1. Should AI cars added to the ETS2MP ?

• Yes
    • No

• Web Developer

Difficult to answer.

Yes, I would like to see AI Cars in Multiplayer, however not on all servers. EU #2 for example. I think we have enough players there, AI traffic isn't really needed.

EU#1, is a simulation server, however, you can still meet many players there, especially VTC convoys etc. Here, I also do not think AI is needed.

EU#4. "Freefall" server. May be needed for some players.. I don't think they really need AI there.

EU#3. Basically "blank" server with forbidden scouts. In my opinion, AI traffic should go exactly there.

As a alternative, TMP can create new server, for AI Only. It's only up to Developers. Will see :) 

But in general..YES. TMP could add AI. It would be something new, something what will be make some players happy :) 

37 minutes ago, Kid Fabi said:

Cevap vermek zor.

Evet, AI Cars'ı Multiplayer'da görmek istiyorum, ancak tüm sunucularda değil. Örneğin AB # 2. Sanırım yeterince oyuncu var, AI trafiğine gerçekten gerek yok.

AB # 1, bir simülasyon sunucusudur, ancak yine de orada birçok oyuncuyla tanışabilirsiniz, özellikle VTC konvoyları vs. Burada da AI'nın gerekli olduğunu düşünmüyorum.

AB 4.. "Freefall" sunucusu. Bazı oyuncular için gerekli olabilir .. Ben gerçekten AI ihtiyacı var sanmıyorum.

AB 3.. Temelde yasak izciler ile "boş" sunucu. Bence AI trafiği tam olarak oraya gitmeli.

Alternatif olarak, TMP yalnızca AI için yeni sunucu oluşturabilir. Sadece geliştiricilere kalmış. Görecek:) 

Ama genel olarak .. Evet. TMP AI ekleyebilir. Yeni bir şey olurdu, bazı oyuncuları mutlu edecek bir şey:) 

I think a separate server should open.

I was really excited when I saw a new game mode trailer from TruckersMP and I'm still waiting for it. I think It will be released next year since they have lots of work to do. For example, they need to update rules before releasing that update, maybe get some money to buy new servers because as far as I know, a mode with AI vehicles will be on other servers.

I would like to see this happens but I voted "No" simply because the AI has a simple mind.

They don't know how to F7 after being rammed by trolls / NCZ. And you can expect traffic jams everywhere.

:troll: are willing to create traffic jams for you.

Yes, but only with certain conditions implemented with it.

• Only spawning AI in areas with consistently low player traffic.
  • Ensuring that should the player traffic limit be reached, the AI traffic is gradually despawned.
  • Ensuring that should an AI vehicle be hit, it will automatically be despawned.

TruckersMP posted a video on their YouTube channel about AI traffic in a new game mode. I don't think they gave anymore information since then but AI traffic is coming in a way at some point. 

TruckersMP have been working on this feature however it is quite demanding on servers due to players and AI, also you could just imagine the chaos of traffic if it was on the C-D road for example. I guess they will create a new server for people who have a good enough PC to run it, otherwise all the rest will just have to play on the normal MP servers in order to avoid serious lag.

Dear @CptJacker

I'm moving this discussion to the Euro Truck Simulator 2 Discussion because this discussion is only about ETS2/ETS2MP. You can only open discussions about ATS and ETS in the General Discussion section. In Euro Truck Simulator Discussion or American Truck Simulator Discussion, you can only open a discussion about one of these games, making it easier for you to exchange ideas about what you've created in the community.

If you have any further questions or comments, don't be afraid to contact me :=)

// Moved to Euro Truck Simulator 2 Discussion

Y6JLoj.png.1482f0bf87625eca4c05028e655c74c1.png

I want to see AI cars in multiplayer but they should improve AI cars. Using the same AI cars which are already in single player may not be good because they look so fake. They don’t react to horns and etc. I don’t think that they will add AI cars to EU2 because EU2 server is full very often. However, they may add AI cars to whole world in EU2 except the same area as double trailer limits. Also they may add AI cars to EU1 [Simulation] server too but I would like to see them in EU3 [No Cars] server. 

Let's be honest. We all know this will not work on a multiplayer platform. You will have the good drivers, which behave. On the other hand you have the trolls. They will make fun use of (purposly) crashing into the AI and blocking traffic.

AI cars in MP are a very good idea. Honestly, only one road and two cities are well populated, but only on one server. Everywhere else, the roads are empty. AI cars should be added to keep average similar congestion everywhere.

After all, I also think that there may be a problem with traffic jams. @McclaudEagle's solution for that sounds very good. :D

--

Regards

Karol_Domag

I feel like if it is introduced, it will be on the simulation server which would definitely step up the experience quite a bit. On that note, I don't know how the cars will work in relation to ping. I'm from the Southwest in the US and get on average 150ms to the EU servers. I'm just worried the cars would desync a bit on my end and make it less realistic.

Archived