Jump to content
Guest ChrisPatrol

TruckersMP & GDPR (General Data Protection Regulation)

Recommended Posts

Guest Chinois&Cinesi&Kinesisk

Good bye, guys, good luck! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm not really sure whether it would comply with the new law, but maybe it would be better to schedule accounts for deletion rather than instantaneous? Maybe just log them out once scheduled and if they look in at any time within the next X days, cancel the deletion with  a notice of just thay. Unfortunately people do get hacked from time to time. Granted they won't exactly lose a lot, just throwing a suggestion.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest ^^Mr.Wolf^^ ~[CZ/ENG]

Well done TruckersMP :) I wish you good luck for this work :) 

Kind Regards 

RedWolfTV

TruckersMP Members

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I believe it's allowed as it's an interest for TruckersMP to store your IP-adress to prevent permanently- and/or ban-avoiding users to access their service. It's necessary information to protect TruckersMP. As long as TruckersMP state within their ToS that their IP-adress, or just say data, are stored for such reasons. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest [Luxor] Kelerin61

I didn't look at the rules. But still, thank you for your work. ;)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think this is the end, because imagine every troll which ones had been banned, now they just delete they're accounts and take new ones, I can only say this update was very bad.

  • True Story 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If it shows up empty when you view your data dump: Try a different browser. Seems to be a browser issue when I looked closer at it. Still investigating.

 

 

 

17 minutes ago, _Broker_ said:

I think this is the end, because imagine every troll which ones had been banned, now they just delete they're accounts and take new ones, I can only say this update was very bad.

If they re register with the same steam the ban will persist. If they re registered with a different steam they would avoid the ban anyway.

 

Regardless, this update was necessary. We are legally obligated to allow users to delete their account and their personal information.

  • True Story 1
  • Woah! 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, HumaneWolf said:

If it shows up empty when you view your data dump: Try a different browser. Seems to be a browser issue when I looked closer at it. Still investigating.

 

 

 

If they re register with the same steam the ban will persist. If they re registered with a different steam they would avoid the ban anyway.

 

Regardless, this update was necessary. We are legally obligated to allow users to delete their account and their personal information.

Well since in our days ETS 2 costs a pretty cheap and Steam account is for free so yeah they can make dozens accounts and here we go.

 

Yes I understand that this was obligated, but maybe in future there can be some solution for ban evaders, because for now it looks kind of big mess.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest Graywolf.
1 hour ago, _Broker_ said:

Well since in our days ETS 2 costs a pretty cheap and Steam account is for free so yeah they can make dozens accounts and here we go.

 

 

This already happens. When someone got a  perma ban "before the new rules" they would buy the game and start a new steam account....People need to worry less about what others do and just play the game.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Graywolf. said:

This already happens. When someone got a  perma ban "before the new rules" they would buy the game and start a new steam account....People need to worry less about what others do and just play the game.

yes but in the past i could find myself their perma banned truckersmp accounts and reports them all, so his new account gets banned aswel, now i can't do it, because all accounts are deleted, now what?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Graywolf. said:

This already happens. When someone got a  perma ban "before the new rules" they would buy the game and start a new steam account....People need to worry less about what others do and just play the game.

Ehh I know that this happens already, but it will happen more and more. If people will worry less then whats going to happen ? if nobody will care this will going to turn a bigger mess which one later in future going to be unstoppable. So we have to worry about this and do something so that this doesn't happen.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, _Broker_ said:

Ehh I know that this happens already, but it will happen more and more. If people will worry less then whats going to happen ? if nobody will care this will going to turn a bigger mess which one later in future going to be unstoppable. So we have to worry about this and do something so that this doesn't happen.

How will it happen more if their bans are going to stay?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Nathan said:

How will it happen more if their bans are going to stay?

Who cares if their bans are going to stay, if they delete account and signs up a new one with new steam and devs can't tell if that is really a new member or ban evader??? That is the question.

  • True Story 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, novice said:

Who cares if their bans are going to stay, if they delete account and signs up a new one with new steam and devs can't tell if that is really a new member or ban evader??? That is the question.

You mean like it has ALWAYS been? They need to create a new TMP account regardless of this update.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Nathan said:

You mean like it has ALWAYS been? They need to create a new TMP account regardless of this update.

As i said, i was able to REPORT them in the past and they would be banned, now i CAN'T, becase "USER HAS DELETED HIS ACCOUNT"
RozmQCU.png

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What Novice is saying is that traditional methods of detecting ban evasion by IP won’t work properly anymore, as they have to delete those records after a certain number of days- unfortunately this can’t be helped, the IP records must be deleted by law now so ban evasion would become easier, I think that’s what he was trying to say.

  • True Story 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, HumaneWolf said:

If it shows up empty when you view your data dump: Try a different browser. Seems to be a browser issue when I looked closer at it. Still investigating.

 

Tried Opera, Firefox and Chrome. Still the same.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Then maybe what I suggested previously would be a bit of help with reporting these users. Have their account deleted after x amount of days, so if they get reported and try to delete their account, it'll still exist for those x days and can still get a ban.

 

10 hours ago, Nathan said:

I'm not really sure whether it would comply with the new law, but maybe it would be better to schedule accounts for deletion rather than instantaneous? Maybe just log them out once scheduled and if they look in at any time within the next X days, cancel the deletion with  a notice of just that. Unfortunately people do get hacked from time to time. Granted they won't exactly lose a lot, just throwing a suggestion.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest JudgeNellie

Hello, @heyhococo I reported the an user the other day. But you declined the report because the account was deleted. So my multiple accounts are banned.  If I delete my first account, it not looks as ban evading

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

×